ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
dirtbikejunkie OP
I like to ride

Oddometer: 44
gps tracks from San Diego-Tecate-Ensenada

Hi, we are a looking to ride from San Diego through Tecate and to Ensenada on 450s. We want to hit as much dirt as possible across the border.

Do any of you have GPS tracks I can borrow for this? Any cool stuff on the US side between SD and Tecate would be appreciated as well.

One more question, how well does your bike need setup in southern CA to be street legal? We have plates, brake/tail lights, mirrors, and headlights. No turn signals or horns. Where I live this isn't completely street legal but the local cops never pay attention. I'd like to get an idea if we can get away with the same making it to Tecate

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,102
This track is mine, and would be a ripper on 450's. BTW, some of the access has changed, so keep a lookout in some spots. As you come up to the burnt tractor tires some fences have gone up in the last little bit. Watch out. Rest should be GTG. http://www.dualsportmaps.com/?link=105167 Stop at the little shack with the mobile outside. Popular spot for other bikers that live in the hood. Saturday's you may have convo. Sunday's it'll be packed.

register at that site if you haven't, there's a few other tracks that way. keep you busy for a while.

Street legal in CA... I have a plate with no blinkers and LED headlights. No problem for me, but I go the speed limit (on the XR anyway) and don't draw attention. You should be fine. YMMV.

I have family in TJ, where I just moved from after 8 years there, going back in the next few weeks to pickup the rest of my stuff. If you need anything give me a shout. Emergency extract or what have you.

Jeremy, 619 too for zero. to foor 0 2
I used to say "one day" a lot. But then I got scared I would wait one day too long. So I am doing it all now
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
kkug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 957
+1 Good route for Lobster !

F800GS
KTM 450 MXC

"Never let the Situation affect you Emotionally. If you do it will have an adverse affect on your ability to make the correct decisions.
kkug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
kkug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 957

F800GS
KTM 450 MXC

"Never let the Situation affect you Emotionally. If you do it will have an adverse affect on your ability to make the correct decisions.
kkug is offline   Reply With Quote