ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #16
clint64 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Thanks guys. I have listed my current bike, BMW k1200s for sale on here as well as other forums. Just as soon as I can sell that bike, I can move on.
clint64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM   #17
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,156
I traded my Tiger 1050 for a T800 at Super Street in Ringgold GA. I was still pretty in love with my 1050, but they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The salesman (a younger fella, can't remember his name) is a dirt-bike guy and was very friendly.

On the other hand, they only offered a 10% discount on accessories, which seems pretty lame. Also, when I put the OE exhaust back on my 1050 I took it to them for the ECU remap, and at that time their Triumph mechanic only came by two days a week, so I had to schedule an appointment, and then the bike wasn't as happy with whatever stock map they loaded onto it.

Pandora's (in Chattanooga) folks are nice, but I paid a ridiculous price for a Heidenau there last year, but I had to have it that day, soooo.......

I can't complain though- at least we have a Triumph dealer in town now. Chattanooga's really going places now.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #18
vagrant1947
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
what happened to the Freedom PS dealerships. I was all set to get a new XRX 800 when I get back to Gainesville but I am not going 100 miles to get one and as much as I liked the guys in Douglasville from years back I'm not driving through Atlanta.
vagrant1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #19
AllBlak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant1947 View Post
what happened to the Freedom PS dealerships. I was all set to get a new XRX 800 when I get back to Gainesville but I am not going 100 miles to get one and as much as I liked the guys in Douglasville from years back I'm not driving through Atlanta.
A number of dealerships have been switching from Triumph to KTM...
Old 03-29-2015, 06:13 AM   #20
DragonNester
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
I would go to Pandora's (Chattanooga, TN) if It were the closest and it was until one opened in Knoxville. They are, at least, an enthusiastic bunch and are an active bunch for track days and organized rides.

When I see ATV's as the dominate vehicle featured on a show room floor, I have doubts as to the expertize or commitment to the motorcycle line up.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #21
scfrank
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,902
I'll put another plug in for Touring Sport in Greenville, SC. I've bought a few bikes there. Good folks. Great service dept.

It's a great topic for discussion, but the participants need to act mature.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #22
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrant1947 View Post
lots of changes to the ATL motorcycle landscape over the past year or two. Mountain Motorsports has bought a few of the older dealerships. I don't know this as a fact but I have heard that they got into a pissing match with Triumph and dropped Triumph from all of their stores.

Moutain Motorsports:

Lithia Springs- the old Metro Cycles
Marietta- the old Motions
Alpharetta- the old Atlanta Motor World
Acworth- the old Freedom Powersports
Lawrenceville - the old suzuki dealership that was bought by Freedom Powersports
Conyers- the original Mountain Motorsports location

Now there's another group from Texas that bought the Cycle Nation stores in Canton, McDonough and I think Huntsville. No triumph there (yet?).

so it looks like big box stores for the ATL market for motorcycles.

That only left a few "independant" dealers around. Freewheelin', the new KTM dealer in Cumming, Cycle Specialty in Fayettville, Blue Ridge Yamaha, etc. Nothing wrong with either type of store IMHO but it's not good to be missing brands and with Triumph being located in GA, it would have seemed to have been a good fit to have a good dealer base in their back yard!
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM   #23
vagrant1947
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
on one of the site I watch there was talk that Triumph cancelled several of the smaller and older dealers out west because they wouldn't make there stores into shrines to Triumph. Harley might get away with that but Triumph doesn't have the name, sales, or product line to do this. loosing dealers who have supported them for years is stupid marketing.
as for the massive multi location stores they aren't good for any brand. they usually fail to have trained staff who truly love and own motorcycles. they usually jack up prices to cover their overhead by adding on ridicules fees to a purchase. for instance ride now power sports (Tucson Az) brags about how they go over every used bike they sell to make sure it's right when you buy it. what they fail to tell you is they add $400 to the posted price for it. for that much you could take it to an authorized dealer and have the valves checked and the injectors synced by an expert. then there is the $300 for processing the paperwork. for an $18. dollar an hour employee that's a lot of paperwork.
I suspect most of these massive stores are highly leveraged and when they fail all locations will fail. where will the mfg's. be then.
vagrant1947 is offline   Reply With Quote