ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
Nata Harli
The Accidental Tourista
 
Nata Harli's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
Oddometer: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
About 5 miles from where we were last year now I have another 350 acres and it has about 10 miles of dirt bike trails, and a professionally built dirtbike course. It's winter now so I've only skied some of it and walked some of it but from what I can tell you ff's will love it.

Also today I saw about 20 bald eagles and I almost hit 4 deer.
__________________
Latin American Ride Reports link
5th Annual Latin American Rider's Rally

No, it's not a Harley , it's a BMW.
Nata Harli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
Lone Rider
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: out and about
Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
... contemplating a ride down around October?? Make for a great time to be in the area....
October is the prime time for CC.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #33
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Okie near Muskogee
Oddometer: 3,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post

4 deer.
This place is not a good place Brings back memories of 1st Latin America Rally, at least two deer where hit and/or killed/wounded.

Time to get that bike ready to ride on a trip Max
__________________
www.throttlemeister.net
Throttlemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #34
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
October is the prime time for CC.
__________________
Guero from Texas
COHVCO
AMA
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #35
mundobravo
Beastly Adventurer
 
mundobravo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: new mexico
Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
October is the prime time for CC.
__________________
Driven Down - Yaviza - Darien Gap
https://vimeo.com/42443080
DRIVEN , solo moto to the Arctic Circle
http://www.vimeo.com/7780879
mundobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #36
bananaman OP
transcontimental
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, Wisconsin and/or Panama, Panama
Oddometer: 6,475
I'm going to try to do a CC ride this summer or fall. When I say "try," I mean that I'm at about 95%.

1) The bike is ready. It just needs to have the ohlins rebuilt and I don't like how the dealer installed the old PIAA's but I could ride with them as they are and maybe get the ohlins rebuilt in Mexico before I tackle anything rough.

I skied the new farm again today and I'm having more fun than I thought I'd have. The dirtbike course has a few jumps and whoops and some stuff that's steeper than I'd ever want to tackle on a GS but a 650 would be ok for training and learning, although an actual dirtbike would be best.

Unlike where we were last year, the new farm has a big hay field about a mile from the end of a dirt road where we could make as much noise as we want.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #37
redone
That Guy
 
redone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: In a van down by the river
Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
October is the prime time for CC.
Jess
__________________
Ross

Don't Blink
redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #38
Lone Rider
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: out and about
Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
Jess
Sht, man.
What have you been up to lately?
Need some more initials scraped into that bridge to Batopilas.
Been a while...
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #39
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb
 
BobLoblaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,394
Hi Max, Hi Nata Harli, Hi Throttlemeister.Looks like the annual ALARR clusterfluck planning session is in full force. I,m guessiing the MAX ranch again and I'm in if it is mid August. Presently enjoying my annual trip to mexico
__________________
Ride till you can't - Marty Hill
l
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #40
bananaman OP
transcontimental
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, Wisconsin and/or Panama, Panama
Oddometer: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Hi Max, Hi Nata Harli, Hi Throttlemeister.Looks like the annual ALARR clusterfluck planning session is in full force. I,m guessiing the MAX ranch again and I'm in if it is mid August. Presently enjoying my annual trip to mexico
Alan! There will be shooting.

How long are you in Mexico and where are you? In May I might be riding to Tucson for my daughter's graduation (straight A's, then off to the University of Wisconsin Medical School with a full scholarship!) and I might as well hit Copper Canyon and get my teeth done.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #41
Lone Rider
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: out and about
Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Alan! There will be shooting.

How long are you in Mexico and where are you? In May I might be riding to Tucson for my daughter's graduation (straight A's, then off to the University of Wisconsin Medical School with a full scholarship!) and I might as well hit Copper Canyon and get my teeth done.
Algodones.
Most dentists per sq/hectare....:)
You can search it.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #42
bananaman OP
transcontimental
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, Wisconsin and/or Panama, Panama
Oddometer: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rider View Post
Algodones.
Most dentists per sq/hectare....:)
You can search it.
Evidence that we're getting old: we used to be all "Check out that hot babe from south of the border!" and now we're all like, "Mexico dentists provide affordable dental solutions to the budget-minded traveler."
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #43
Lone Rider
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: out and about
Oddometer: 25,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Evidence that we're getting old: we used to be all "Check out that hot babe from south of the border!" and now we're all like, "Mexico dentists provide affordable dental solutions to the budget-minded traveler."
Maybe so.
There also comes a time when testosterone becomes a little less blinding.

I hope you do visit CC. All kids like Disney Whatever, and all adventurous travelers like CC.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #44
BobLoblaw
Comfortably Numb
 
BobLoblaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
Alan! There will be shooting.

How long are you in Mexico and where are you? In May I might be riding to Tucson for my daughter's graduation (straight A's, then off to the University of Wisconsin Medical School with a full scholarship!) and I might as well hit Copper Canyon and get my teeth done.
As long as I'm not the target shoot away.

Cograts to your daughter.

I'm currently in Hermosillo. While motoring along about 75 this , 110 mile east of Hermosiillo my rear Wilbers shock snapped in two. Fortunately it didn,t happen on any one of the thousand curves between Creel and Hermosillo.

A older mexican gentleman , his son and his girlfriend stopped. Try calling 047 or 911 when you don't speak spanish. The three of us got the pig loaded in his samll pickup, no easy feat with the back tire firmly up against the inside of the rear ender.

They drove me to Hermosiilo and dropped me of at the hotel where I need to figure out how to get a rear shock for 2001 1150GS
__________________
Ride till you can't - Marty Hill
l
BobLoblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #45
bananaman OP
transcontimental
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Madison, Wisconsin and/or Panama, Panama
Oddometer: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
As long as I'm not the target shoot away.

Cograts to your daughter.

I'm currently in Hermosillo. While motoring along about 75 this , 110 mile east of Hermosiillo my rear Wilbers shock snapped in two. Fortunately it didn,t happen on any one of the thousand curves between Creel and Hermosillo.

A older mexican gentleman , his son and his girlfriend stopped. Try calling 047 or 911 when you don't speak spanish. The three of us got the pig loaded in his samll pickup, no easy feat with the back tire firmly up against the inside of the rear ender.

They drove me to Hermosiilo and dropped me of at the hotel where I need to figure out how to get a rear shock for 2001 1150GS
You will be in charge of the presentation that, previously, Throttlemeister was in charge of: how to ride and repair an 1150 with a broken rear shock.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014