ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #106
LTCOliverNorth
Peeping Tom

Oddometer: 791
Some friends and I are heading down from Seattle to participate for the first time. I can't wait!
LTCOliverNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #107
bbagwell
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTCOliverNorth View Post
Some friends and I are heading down from Seattle to participate for the first time. I can't wait!

You will be hooked and make it an annual event!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #108
RWBWheel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy View Post
I'm heading down Saturday. After the sweeper have a few brews and spend Sunday night and back in the hood on Monday. Let me know if you guys want to hook up for a couple of beers.
Well then...I might as well stock a cooler or 3 and have Mike meet the group im with at the end??
Have u been to hobo park??
Does a large group end up there or ??
RWBWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #109
SFC_Ren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Anyone coming from the south?

I'm going to be heading up, the morning of, from Salem. If anyone else from my area or farther south wants to ride up as a group that morning let me know.

Ren
SFC_Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #110
darnold87
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
*We also have a group heading up from the south. Here's our info.

SALEM AREA GROUP:
Small convoy heading up from Salem, Albany, Springtucky, and McMinnville. Some riding and some trailering trail bikes.
Leaving Salem around ~730am.
Meeting in Tualatin, off I-5 (exit 289) at the old Kmart parking lot (7655 SW Nyberg Rd). Should arrive in Tualatin ~815am
Plan to leave there around 830am to arrive at destination ~9am.
ANYONE is welcome to join us. :)
We'll have 2way radio's on channel 4 or 10.
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
darnold87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #111
pdxmotorhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Friendly devils advocate here...

I live in one of the North Portland neighborhoods that received a pass through before.. Just so you know, in the St Johns area most of the Alleys are not public, they are private property. The County and city ceded them back to the adjacent properties many years ago.. So technically its trespassing.. Also there is a lot of stuff in our alleys that can be a surprise..

Last time it got a little wild in our alley, I had to repair my fence, and help my neighbor fix a gouge in his garage and NOBODY fessed up..

The worst thing is there are several little old retired ladies in our area who did not like being disturbed with the event.. So now they turn in all the bikes in our area for parking over time limits..

Peoples republic of portland its illegal to park over 12 consecutive hours on any city street, even in front of your house, but they don't enforce it. Unless some little old lady complains.. Then they patrol your street for like a month.. Luckily I have Offstreet parking... LOL

Dave
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #112
bdcorrigan OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post

I live in one of the North Portland neighborhoods that received a pass through before.. Just so you know, in the St Johns area most of the Alleys are not public, they are private property. The County and city ceded them back to the adjacent properties many years ago.. So technically its trespassing.. Also there is a lot of stuff in our alleys that can be a surprise..

Last time it got a little wild in our alley, I had to repair my fence, and help my neighbor fix a gouge in his garage and NOBODY fessed up..

The worst thing is there are several little old retired ladies in our area who did not like being disturbed with the event.. So now they turn in all the bikes in our area for parking over time limits..

Peoples republic of portland its illegal to park over 12 consecutive hours on any city street, even in front of your house, but they don't enforce it. Unless some little old lady complains.. Then they patrol your street for like a month.. Luckily I have Offstreet parking... LOL

Dave
bdcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #113
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,285
Quote:

the St Johns area most of the Alleys are not public, they are private property. The County and city ceded them back to the adjacent properties many years ago..

That's news to me.............got a link, or list of said alley's that are "private"?

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #114
SFC_Ren
Adventurer

Well according to Oregon Revised Statutes regarding trespassing with a vehicle:
Quote:
164.270 Closure of premises to motor-propelled vehicles. (1) For purposes of ORS 164.245, a landowner or an agent of the landowner may close the privately owned premises of the landowner to motor-propelled vehicles by posting signs on or near the boundaries of the closed premises at the normal points of entry as follows:
(a) Signs must be no smaller than eight inches in height and 11 inches in width;
(b) Signs must contain the words “Closed to Motor-propelled Vehicles” or words to that effect in letters no less than one inch in height;
(c) Signs must display the name, business address and phone number, if any, of the landowner or agent of the landowner; and
(d) Signs must be posted at normal points of entry and be no further apart than 350 yards.
(2) A person violates ORS 164.245 if the person operates or rides upon or within a motor-propelled vehicle upon privately owned premises when the premises are posted as provided in this section and the person does not have written authorization to operate a motor-propelled vehicle upon the premises.
(3) Nothing contained in this section prevents emergency or law enforcement vehicles from entering upon land closed to motor-propelled vehicles. [1981 c.394 2]
So basically even if it is "private" unless it is posted as stated above you cannot receive a trespassing violation. Unless the property owner is present and tells an individual to leave and they "do not leave". But how many of us are going to just hang around in somebody's alley?
Just saying

Quote:

Dave

SFC_Ren screwed with this post 04-11-2013 at 08:05 AM
SFC_Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #115
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC_Ren View Post
Well according to Oregon Revised Statutes regarding trespassing with a vehicle:

Just saying

Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #116
SFC_Ren
Adventurer

BTW, sorry some inconsiderate persons damaged or trashed yours and your neighbors property. I've never taken part in an Alley sweeper before and I hope to not be associated with any of that type of behavior this Sunday.

Quote:

Dave
Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #117
oldmonkeybut
Digital Emigrant

Oddometer: 2,260
Quote:

Dave

This time set up a stand along "YOUR" alley. Sell Hot Dogs and Beer. That would keep the speed down and you might meet some new friends.

If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #118
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmonkeybut View Post
This time set up a stand along "YOUR" alley. Sell Hot Dogs and Beer. That would keep the speed down and you might meet some new friends.

If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem!
Brilliant, just brilliant, who wouldn't stop for a hot dog and beer?

You could also donate the cash to charity.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #119
bensgone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
I was there the year the crazy cat lady in her minivan took center stage. That was a fine example of pissed off!
bensgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #120
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensgone View Post
I was there the year the crazy cat lady in her minivan took center stage. That was a fine example of pissed off!
That was a good performance, but my vote goes to Raving Bitch Lady who kidnapped Motomuffin and her passenger.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote