User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
kantuckid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,705
Michelin Gazelle Tires???

I have a 1971 Honda CL100 project bike. The Michelin Gazelle is a moped tire with a 93 mph speed rating. I have one in hand for the front(2.75-18) & having decided to replace the rear tire as well & as there are few choices out there in a street tread tire w/o getting kind of expensive:
If I pay a bunch more than the Gazelles 3.00-17 , $26.95 price point I can match the 3.25-17 rear that's on the bike now & what appears to be a correct size for the swing arm spacing & the rim width. A 3.50-17 would also fit nicely but at the high end of the rim width.The tire I've got in handling it "on the bench"(meaning sidewall rigidity and apparent visual quality) seems to be as high in general quality as any of the tires sold that fit this bike. These are 50 mph/11.5hp bikes so no speed issues. I've gone through all the Tires Unlimited choices & here's where I am.
Does anyone have Michelin Gazelle's on a bike now & care to comment on how they ride?
"If I had my life to live over,I'd dare to make more mistakes next time...I'd relax,I'd limber up.I'd be sillier than this trip, take fewer things seriously, I would take more chances... take more trips...climb more mountains...swim more rivers...eat more ice cream." Jorge Luis Borges, at age 85
kantuckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
redprimo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Ive got a set on one of my ct 90s. Kind of hard to say how any tire handles on a bike that tops out at 45mph and has the suspension of a pogo stick. They ride a bit smoother than the irc trials tires on my other ct but the grip is about the same. I only have 1K on them so it is too soon to say how they will wear, but for the price who cares. They are a bit harder to install.
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote