Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #136
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,934
It's good to see that you haven't blown yourself up or fallen off the edge of the earth or . . .
Old 07-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #137
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfey View Post
It's good to see that you haven't blown yourself up or fallen off the edge of the earth or . . .
Yeah I'm back in Ashland now getting used to the daily grind trying to plan the next adventure... I'm thinking south east Asia maybe.
johnsonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #138
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Day one hundred fourty five, 6-8-13

Plane rides all day. The duty free store in Buenos Aires is pretty bad ass. Especially when you still have some blue dollars left and calculate everything to be an additional 40% off.

First to Lima Peru where I had an hour layover. Crammed in between two fat people. Then to San Salvador El salvador. More fatties. Another two hour layover. Finally on my last flight to San Francisco I got a window seat and no one next to me.

But these 15 year old girls behind me were arguing the whole damn time. I almost turned around and slapped the shit out of them thinking that since we were still over central america, this action would be totally acceptable. Instead I just put in my headphones and watched this stupidest show I have ever seen called Glee. Finally 16 hours later I landed in San Francisco. I had no phone, and one US dollar. Customs took a little while but all my bags showed up, so I was happy. I found an ATM grabbed a few hundred dollars and told the cabbie to take me to the closest hotel under $100. The Holiday Inn! How fucking spoiled we are! Giant hot two headed showers, huge king size bed, 65 inch plasma TV where every channel is in English, Fast Wifi. I flipped on the TV and there was a Coors light commercial all about the engineering of this bad ass new can with two vents and some blue shit inside to keep your beer colder. Fuck yeah America, glad to be home. We put more time into making an awesome beer can than all central america put into their highway system. I fell asleep on my "soft" pillow (the pillows were marked "soft", "medium" and "hard" and there were two of each) knowing tomorrow I had to deal with the process of collecting my bike.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #139
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Day one hundred and forty six, 6-9-13

Last night my father sent me an email letting me know he flew my brother in from Vegas and they were on their way from portland with my dads motorcycle in the back of the truck. Awesome. I haven't seen my brother in a while and always love hanging out with my dad. They drove all night and meet me in the morning at the hotel. After a few beers we headed over toward the cargo area to start the painful process of getting my bike. First of all the lady was busy. And everyone in the office was pissed. There wasn't anything this poor lady could do as she was the only one there. I think she noticed my patience and courtesy, as people in this position often do, and bumped my paperwork to the front of the line. Then I had to go over to customs to get them to stamp a paper. They were not at all busy. But they were PRICKS! Two meat dicks sitting behind a counter with guns on their hips saying they don't give out import stamps for vehicles on saturdays. After basically sucking dick for twenty minutes they pulled out the stamp and stamped me all good. It took him three seconds. Now to get my bike and start putting it together. Went quick with the help of my dad and brother.

We hit the road as it was getting late. No real idea where we were going but some sort of campground somewhere north. Once again highway 1 in california is beautiful. Great views and tight twists.

It was starting to get late and there were no campsites around. So we checked into a hotel and had a few drinks.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #140
RightCross101
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Great Ride report. Very entertaining. You guys are some serious drinkers! Thanks so much for taking us along.

The dynamite made me LOL for real.
RightCross101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #141
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightCross101 View Post
Great Ride report. Very entertaining. You guys are some serious drinkers! Thanks so much for taking us along.

The dynamite made me LOL for real.
Thanks for following. And the dynamite still makes me laugh!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #142
funseeker
Why Not??

Oddometer: 51
Out Fucking Standing!!Maybe next trip you should pack a spare Liver instead of bike parts.It might prove to be more useful :) You guys know how to live it up.Thanks for the great RR!!
funseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #143
twisted-hog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-hog View Post
I'm in on this one.
Two young guys that like to drink, I see quite an adventure with some good stories coming.

I wrote this after your first post on the start of your trip and you never disappointed.

I enjoyed your very frank comments on everthing, seems like you didn't hesitate to say how you really felt about something or someplace.

I'm glad you make it back safe and sound with all the partaking of drinking and dynamite. Those two sometimes do not mix well.

RIGHT ON MAN, YOU GUYS ROCKED IT !!

Really looking forward to the Asia trip now

twisted-hog screwed with this post 07-18-2013 at 12:37 PM
twisted-hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #144
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-hog View Post
I wrote this after your first post on the start of your trip and you never disappointed.

I enjoyed your very frank comments on everthing, seems like you didn't hesitate to say how you really felt about something or someplace.

I'm glad you make it back safe and sound with all the partaking of drinking and dynamite. Those two sometimes do not mix well.

RIGHT ON MAN, YOU GUYS ROCKED IT !!

Really looking forward to the Asia trip now
Yeah you were my second post. Thanks for hanging around through it all!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #145
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by funseeker View Post
Out Fucking Standing!!Maybe next trip you should pack a spare Liver instead of bike parts.It might prove to be more useful :) You guys know how to live it up.Thanks for the great RR!!
ha ha thanks for following!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #146
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Day one hundred forty seven, 6-10-13

We woke up three deep in the one bed hotel room and decided to make breakfast the old fashioned way out in the parking lot.

As it turned out the camp stove my dad brought with him was a piece of junk so we kinda just sat around for an hour watching the food not cook. Dad tossed the camp stove in the trash and we set out down the 1. Of course as it turns out about five miles further down the road there starts being campgrounds every ten feet. Oh well. Once again the Pacific Coast Highway didn't fall short of amazing.

Where the 1 meets the 101 there is a place called drive through tree state park where we stopped for a few.

We got a map of the upcoming section of the redwoods and found a campsite just 20 miles north.

The campsite was pretty nice but all of them around here seem to be kinda spendy at about $35 per night. But the redwoods are beautiful. We set off to drinking whiskey and drunkenly rambled into the night.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #147
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Does anyone know of any good ride reports in the New Deli India, Ha Noi Vietnam, Singapore Malaysia triangle? Time to start dreaming about next years trip....
Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #148
nachov
experienced n00b

Oddometer: 3
Guatemala

Hi Alex!
I've just entered Guatemala and was instantly reminded of your comment about their rocket-powered buses. So funny!
Ride safe!
(I had a small accident in Honduras but the bike and I are both alright, I was wearing full gear)
Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #149
johnsonal OP
avenger of all evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachov View Post
Hi Alex!
I've just entered Guatemala and was instantly reminded of your comment about their rocket-powered buses. So funny!
Ride safe!
(I had a small accident in Honduras but the bike and I are both alright, I was wearing full gear)
They aren't slowing down for anything! And they are nicely painted also. Glad to hear you are doing alright after that spill. Thanks for following