Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
gouralnik OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
KTM 1190 Adventure - How To - Let's do it

Hello folks,

by all measures I am a hobby rider and I like to work on my bikes. Mechanically, I am between a noob and a beginner.

While installing the Uni-Filter today and taking the bike a little bit apart I had an idea to start a thread for normal people how to do simple things on the the bike. While there are a lot of threads about the 2013 and 2014 KTM Adventure, why don't we just pool the essential stuff / How To together into one place and make it a bit easier to access.

I was looking for instructions on how to take off the front headlight cover to no avail. I couldn't figure it out by myself. I had the side panels and the gas tank off and the airbox open, but couldn't figure out how to take that damn thing off for example to change light bulbs. Help (preferably with pictures or videos) would be much appreciated.

I found a very good video on how to install a Uni Prefilter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRnsOA9x7w

After doing the job, you do not need to take the rubber-mounts off the crash-bars (as shown in the video) - the tank slides over the top as the rubber is attached to the crash-bar only and not to the tank.
gouralnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,570
It's in the owners manual. It will reference other pages for taking off the side panels as well.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 AM   #3
Nerb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouralnik View Post
I found a very good video on how to install a Uni Prefilter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRnsOA9x7w

After doing the job, you do not need to take the rubber-mounts off the crash-bars (as shown in the video) - the tank slides over the top as the rubber is attached to the crash-bar only and not to the tank.
I did not know that! We are learning every day! (and thanks for liking my video )
To get the headlight off is 4 screws and the assembly pulls out from the front. It describes it in thew workshop manual you can get here if you're quick:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=4BC2D...FWJqLIuA7wCgeA
(it might disappear, I dont know)
Nerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
gouralnik OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
When I was trying to pull the front mask I was actually installing the Uni-Filter. So I had all side panels, side panels with indicators, the screen and gas tank panel plus the gas tank pulled off ... I still could not get that damn thing of. Which 4 screws do you refer to? The problem is that I have an annoying rattling coming from the front mask ... it must not sit tight. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerb View Post
I did not know that! We are learning every day! (and thanks for liking my video )
To get the headlight off is 4 screws and the assembly pulls out from the front. It describes it in thew workshop manual you can get here if you're quick:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=4BC2D...FWJqLIuA7wCgeA
(it might disappear, I dont know)
gouralnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouralnik View Post
When I was trying to pull the front mask I was actually installing the Uni-Filter. So I had all side panels, side panels with indicators, the screen and gas tank panel plus the gas tank pulled off ... I still could not get that damn thing of. Which 4 screws do you refer to? The problem is that I have an annoying rattling coming from the front mask ... it must not sit tight. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Page 166 of the owners manual - Removing the headlight mask. It shows pics of which bolts to remove.