ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #31
DelicateLittleFlower
WooooHooooo!!!!!

Oddometer: 2,755
Roosevelt National Forest is ~30' from my back door.

That part of the yard is a shady area, so there is still some snow. That's also the part of the yard where the dog takes his consitutionals.

So we're out there, he's doing his business, and I'm looking around.

I saw these large footprints in the snow.

I though, 'Holy crap!!!'

I yelled for my husband to come look.

Then it hit me - I was out playing in the snow with the dog a few days prior, and I had on those Five Finger shoes - you know, those stupid shoes with toes that look horrid but are comfy - anyway, the pattern of my Five Fingers in the snow + snow melt making my footprint larger = Bigfoot tracks!

DelicateLittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #32
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelicateLittleFlower View Post
Roosevelt National Forest is ~30' from my back door.

That part of the yard is a shady area, so there is still some snow. That's also the part of the yard where the dog takes his consitutionals.

So we're out there, he's doing his business, and I'm looking around.

I saw these large footprints in the snow.

I though, 'Holy crap!!!'

I yelled for my husband to come look.

Then it hit me - I was out playing in the snow with the dog a few days prior, and I had on those Five Finger shoes - you know, those stupid shoes with toes that look horrid but are comfy - anyway, the pattern of my Five Fingers in the snow + snow melt making my footprint larger = Bigfoot tracks!

If you would have taken a pic or 2 of them you could be hosting a TV show right now.
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #33
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
If you would have taken a pic or 2 of them you could be hosting a TV show right now.
LOL!...isn't it amazing what people can get paid for as far as television content is concerned? I know it's somewhat in good fun, but man...these people hosting this show even have a Burger King...or some fast food...commercial now. I guess it's true what the rock group Living Color said a long time ago. We are a cult of personality.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
I am marginally interested in bigfoot but the culture around it is just ridiculous...I made some comments on this site
http://sasquatchinvestigations.org/ after someone posted it in this thread and got an e-mail from the guy who runs it. The e-mail was basically a bunch of ad hominem and dodging of my questions.

I told him that the "rock stacks" that were in Rampart were almost certainly created by people because of the rich human history of the area along with it's proximity to the Front Range and subsequent heavy use in many diverse activities...He claims the stacks were found "in the middle of no-where" but let's face it, pretty much every inch of Rampart Range has been covered by someone at some point. You think you're in the "middle of no where", then you see barrel staves from prohibition moonshiners, trash, graffiti, guerilla marijuana grows, pioneer cabins, etc. (of course none of which is found right off trails or roads except the trash). The area is just too small and has been too accessible and too close to way too many people for decades that it's impossible to come to the conclusion that "there's no way the rock stacks were made people because people have never been there"...Christ they could have been made my Native Americans! But he stood by his claim like someone without a hint of healthy skepticism.

I asked him if he ever thought about putting a trail camera up where he claims to have leave food that is subsequently claimed to be eaten by a 'squatch. He said they work off infrared so they wouldn't catch a 'squatch...uh, WTF!? Are these things ghosts? Needless to say I didn't continue any correspondence with this idiot...I just can't take someone like that seriously and feel foolish for even trying.

To think, this guy is just another dude living in Parker with a desk job. He just has way too much time on his hands, in need of a hobby...other than motorcycles
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #35
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
I am marginally interested in bigfoot but the culture around it is just ridiculous...I made some comments on this site
http://sasquatchinvestigations.org/ after someone posted it in this thread and got an e-mail from the guy who runs it. The e-mail was basically a bunch of ad hominem and dodging of my questions.

I told him that the "rock stacks" that were in Rampart were almost certainly created by people because of the rich human history of the area along with it's proximity to the Front Range and subsequent heavy use in many diverse activities...He claims the stacks were found "in the middle of no-where" but let's face it, pretty much every inch of Rampart Range has been covered by someone at some point. You think you're in the "middle of no where", then you see barrel staves from prohibition moonshiners, trash, graffiti, guerilla marijuana grows, pioneer cabins, etc. (of course none of which is found right off trails or roads except the trash). The area is just too small and has been too accessible and too close to way too many people for decades that it's impossible to come to the conclusion that "there's no way the rock stacks were made people because people have never been there"...Christ they could have been made my Native Americans! But he stood by his claim like someone without a hint of healthy skepticism.

I asked him if he ever thought about putting a trail camera up where he claims to have leave food that is subsequently claimed to be eaten by a 'squatch. He said they work off infrared so they wouldn't catch a 'squatch...uh, WTF!? Are these things ghosts? Needless to say I didn't continue any correspondence with this idiot...I just can't take someone like that seriously and feel foolish for even trying.

To think, this guy is just another dude living in Parker with a desk job. He just has way too much time on his hands, in need of a hobby...other than motorcycles
Wait a minute!...Wait a minute!...are you seriously saying there are hobbies other than motorcycles?
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
clang
Not lost, Exploring!

Oddometer: 2,754
I was a ranger up in Routt Natl Forest/ Hahn's Peak area in about 1990. Had a couple of college age kids, a guy and a gal, pounding on my cabin door at about three in the morning babbling about Bigfoot destroying their camp. I went out with them, and took a look around. They were camped about two miles into the back country. The camp was trashed, things torn up and broken. The food was torn through or gone, including the food store up in the tree.

There were no discernible foot prints, and we found the food pack the next day a few hundred meters away, shredded.

They swear it was big foot, a hairy animal walking upright. The girl was really shaken up and upset, and was demanding they just leave.

Long story short, I wrote it off as a bear, there had been signs of a bear in the area fairly recently.

But, you never know......

clang screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 11:23 AM
clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #37
RideFreak
Green Chile Eater

Oddometer: 4,977
I wasted about 15 min watching a video that reportedly spoke of "biological" evidence (crap) that was found proving BF exists. According to the person who initially told me about the video, this was concrete proof. It was a total bunch of crap, I wish I could get that 15 min back

The interviewer asked why skeletal or biologic remains have never been found. According to the "expert", some remains are never found such as wolfs, bears etc... The video went on to show numerious pictures of bears, wolfs and other elisuve animal remains The whole interview was a bunch of fingerpointing by the expert and had very little to offer towards the BF argument.

Like the rock piles, the believers will blatantly ignore facts that are contrary to their belief. Bigfoot is the tip of the iceburg, unfortunately where I work there's some conspircy therorists. I have to walk away when they get started, FEMA Camps, UFO bases, 911, Chem Trails. Jessey Ventura's their poster child. Maybe I'm too skeptical but I find 99.999% of it to be a bunch of BS.

The latest one is the assault rifle shootings are engineered by pro gun control people to push forward the ban.

As for BF, why hasn't one ever been shot with a hunting rifle? There's plenty of crazies out there that would shoot on sight and ask questions later.
RideFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #38
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideFreak View Post
I wasted about 15 min watching a video that reportedly spoke of "biological" evidence (crap) that was found proving BF exists. According to the person who initially told me about the video, this was concrete proof. It was a total bunch of crap, I wish I could get that 15 min back

The interviewer asked why skeletal or biologic remains have never been found. According to the "expert", some remains are never found such as wolfs, bears etc... The video went on to show numerious pictures of bears, wolfs and other elisuve animal remains The whole interview was a bunch of fingerpointing by the expert and had very little to offer towards the BF argument.

Like the rock piles, the believers will blatantly ignore facts that are contrary to their belief. Bigfoot is the tip of the iceburg, unfortunately where I work there's some conspircy therorists. I have to walk away when they get started, FEMA Camps, UFO bases, 911, Chem Trails. Jessey Ventura's their poster child. Maybe I'm too skeptical but I find 99.999% of it to be a bunch of BS.

The latest one is the assault rifle shootings are engineered by pro gun control people to push forward the ban.

As for BF, why hasn't one ever been shot with a hunting rifle? There's plenty of crazies out there that would shoot on sight and ask questions later.
Yes, the crazies are out in force and TV is not a big help (Doomsday Preppers, etc). But the real Bigfoot is out there and he doesn't like anybody messing with him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Q-h...yer_detailpage

doc_ricketts screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 04:46 PM
doc_ricketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #39
Lappeman
He's Down Again!

Oddometer: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
The show Finding Bigfoot on TV tonight claims that people have seen a big foot in the Lost Creek Wilderness out by Tarryall.

Anyone ever heard anything about this?

I've heard of sightings in the NW, but Colorado never.
Whatever do you mean...they have a Bigfoot crossing sign on Gold Camp road above Colorado Springs! I actually saw it there...the sign that is
2003 KLR 650 Alaskan Adventure
2007 YZ250F Blue Death
Lappeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #40
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,485
You know what they say about 'The Most Interesting Man in the World'? Sasquatch was noticed taking a picture of him.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #41
hook0924
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 322
Question Sasquach

My ex has big feet and lovesto run naked through the woods
Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #42
Lomax
Nanu-Nanu Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,068
"Werewolf, Where wolf?, There wolf."

Marc

Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #43
dozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Everyone knows the last Sasquatch was killed by the Iron Druid in Florida long before Columbus set sail for the new world.
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote