User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,289
2014 Honda CBR650F (fanboys welcome)

Yes, if thats YOU get on in here! Honda boys 'n girls, line up and tell me about this bike.

Might be a thread for it already but I don't see it, so here is another. I do not notice much interest in this bike on the board as other Honda's currently out and am lukewarm to its styling, myself. But that goes so far. I am considering more bikes.

I am on a Yamaha FZ6 currently and have come to really like it's inline four. First bike, love it. But many makers are moving away from the I4, it seems. And while commonly found in high performance bikes or liter "street" bikes, the japanese makers seem to be saving them for the racing bikes, now

Yamaha in particular has seemed to move away in favor of triples and twins, even discontinuing the FZ6r. Suzuki, nothing. So, that leaves this Honda for the Japanese so far as I can see. For just an ordinary bike.

So, tell me about this bike. Will it stack up to previous Honda I4's? I have heard of the 599 and 919 being nearly legendary, but is this following in it's tracks?

I figure i can get one of these used in a couple years. Not long in bike terms, and I am feeling an itch.

If I LOVE my FZ6 should this Honda tick the same boxes? What do all you Honda people think of THIS Honda?

Thanks!

DudeClone screwed with this post 06-25-2014 at 10:13 PM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #2
Chief Ten Bears
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
I like this, and these types of bikes. Sport bikes for the road, more so than the track. A real world motorcycle.

600RR's, ZX-6Rs etc, are built for the track and have to be sold so the manufacturers can race them.
Chief Ten Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
TheBigTEA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I am waiting to see what the fuel economy figures are on this. If they are anything close to claimed I will snatch one up.

Personally I LOVE the styling and this is the perfect commuter bike for me.
TheBigTEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

sounds promising. at first i did not understand why Honda would choose this as their "standard" sport bike but when considering what other makers have out i thought it over and it makes sense in the marketplace imo

Yamama was working with I4's it seems in the past, but i missed that party. seems Suzuki and Kawi have nothing coming up, either. and i too like the ordinary sport bikes as the supersports are a whole other deal, as are things like the Ninja 1000, etc

with no FZ6r to consider any longer and no I4 on the horizon at Yamaha, what to do? and even if they offer some fared models looks like they will be triples or twins of some sort. FZ8? discontinued, good bike. but i have a naked bike, essentially

this fully fared Honda? starting to heat up to it. if the engine is silky smooth as the one in my FZ6, sign me up

gotta admit i have not rode other bikes but i do like the character and performance of the I4. smooth to say the least
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,148
If I were to get a newer 600-ish sized I4, it would be this one or a CBF600SA

My back/neck/wrists aged before my time, and my GSXR's just got too painful too quickly

I don't like the droopy melty headlights, weird angles, insect antennae mirrors and Transformer mufflers on modern "Standards" or "Streetfighters", so a moderately sporty looking bike with a nice full fairing but not with torture rack RRRRR ergos, or something that didn't look like it escaped from MOMA would be perfect
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

wtf, Honda?

yeah this bike is becoming more interesting to me. as i learn more about bikes

but back to Honda. i am sure many of you are aware of this bike, but i was only in name. i had no idea Honda was still doing something like this, below

why can't WE (U.S.) get this? i mean, its a bike. how hard could it be to ship a few over with the rest!!

i would snap this sucker up. in BLACK

do want

Old 06-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #7
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,509
I like the nekkid version better

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 PM   #8
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

yeah that one is good. are we getting that?

i must admit i am a little miffed, now. i mean why does Honda not want me to own and ride the bike below? i know its "just a motorcycle." but its one i like and can't have

and yes i am kind of serious when i say why not just ship a few for those who might buy one? so long as the components / systems are the same as in other Honda's pretty sure dealers would have no problem moving a few

hey, its a naked standard, honda I4. what could be bad!?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

oh HELL NO, HONDA!!

you know, that studio promo vid and above pic are one thing, this walkaround vid is another. and now i am weeping

i LIKE this thing

Old 06-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
zokalr13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Yo if this is the 650F not R its tuned more for torque and is a great all rounder and it has a steel frame tho.. gets good mileage and is $ 9400 CDN .I have seen one on the showroom floor yesterday -its a nice bike.I ride a 2000 600 f4 and I like this type of bike.im not in the market for a new bike because I like to restore older ones and flip em..
zokalr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

i think here in the States the performance is the same, F or R. could be wrong, but i think the only difference is the styling

i'm sure someone can clue us in further on any spec differences between F and R
Old 06-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #12
Kaerthis
n00b

Oddometer: 2
DudeClone the bike in your picture is not the naked version of the cbr650F.

It's simply a hornet (the same one since 2011 in Europe) and 2014 is the last year it will be in showroom.

There's rumors about a 800 hornet coming.
Kaerthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #13
Cos
Re-Greekified

Oddometer: 10,411
The Hornet (naked) and the 650 are not the same bike in different clothing. Totally different bikes.
Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

oh yeah, thanks guys. i was aware of that but just stumbled upon the Hornet while looking up the new Honda's. didn't want to make another thread so thought i'd just get some info and discussion going, here

so yeah, we used to have the Hornet over here. or CB599 or whatever it was called? this looks like a nice update of the bike

i like it, Honda should sell it here
Old 06-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

CB650F. not bad. think i like the fully fared version better in this case, however