Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #316
Wasca
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by BygDaddee View Post
Wasca, your misses says you can't have one, your already on your second bike in 12 months
Stop bursting my dream bubble
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #317
adventure950
Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer: 511
CCM offer a higher seat for those of longer limbs I spoke with Alice Flook marketing Manager today at the factoryhere is a summary of what we talked about in answer to some of my questions :
Wiring harness is standard ( ie in my opinion - repairable) not can bus system.
Alternator is 2 phase and adequate to run lights and extra exquipment but they are going to offer a higher output sytem as an extra.
Three fuel tanks all independent of each other - in case one should be damaged and to allow fuel load to be weighted to riders preferance all standard fitment not an extra.
Gearing has been deemed suitable for a broad range of use and would allow 70 to 75mph cruising speed without overstressing or high revs on engine and a 6 speed box will be available as an extra in the future - next year maybe.
Engine servicing would be fine for on the road / travel - so will be ok away from dealers and the factory can arrange spares worldwide as well as pre arranged drop off points if you are on route via a particular area of the world to arrive in accordance with pre arranged dates etc.
Complete engine will be made available as replacement if required the cost at todays price is 1550 plus vat ( very very reasonable I think)
The factory want to continue to improve and offer a customer led service including further development of parts etc over the coming years. Oh and yes I put down a deposit today so am now on waiting with anticipation for the test ride and eventual delivery. jake.

adventure950 screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 02:20 PM
adventure950 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #318
Wasca
Adventurized!

Oddometer: 566
Question

Thanks for all the info Jake, and congrats on getting in early with a deposit. Any chance you can find out when we could expect to see this bike in Australia?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #319
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure950 View Post
CCM offer a higher seat for those of longer limbs I spoke with Alice Flook marketing Manager today at the factoryhere is a summary of what we talked about in answer to some of my questions :
Wiring harness is standard ( ie in my opinion - repairable) not can bus system.
Alternator is 2 phase and adequate to run lights and extra exquipment but they are going to offer a higher output sytem as an extra.
Three fuel tanks all independent of each other - in case one should be damaged and to allow fuel load to be weighted to riders preferance all standard fitment not an extra.
Gearing has been deemed suitable for a broad range of use and would allow 70 to 75mph cruising speed without overstressing or high revs on engine and a 6 speed box will be available as an extra in the future - next year maybe.
Engine servicing would be fine for on the road / travel - so will be ok away from dealers and the factory can arrange spares worldwide as well as pre arranged drop off points if you are on route via a particular area of the world to arrive in accordance with pre arranged dates etc.
Complete engine will be made available as replacement if required the cost at todays price is 1550 plus vat ( very very reasonable I think)
The factory want to continue to improve and offer a customer led service including further development of parts etc over the coming years. Oh and yes I put down a deposit today so am now on waiting with anticipation for the test ride and eventual delivery. jake.
thats a good thing to know ...its probably not that far off being the same as a major overhaul ..also maby being able to upgrade the bikee and or gearbox three or four years down the line with a drop out drop in engine ....instead of trading in

im there on july 12th jake maby ill see you ??

minkyhead screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 03:17 PM
minkyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #320
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl View Post
Minky did you see the rider? Is he exceptionally small?

It sure looks nice and lean!

{Foot peg to seat hight looks wrong },,,

yes it struck me how lean it looked .. when i first saw it it hit me at once how slim this bike is

the guy looks a little out of proportion .probably making the bike look leaner because of his size ..the ground clearance looks huge probably overkill for where i will go ..that said i have sat on the odd rock now and again ..

.he sure has some very long arms for a small guy ..im thinking he looks nice and slim to go with the bike ..it wouldnt look quite as gracfeul with my 16 stone on it ..
im 6ft 1 and i found the bike very comfy ..granted i only sat on it for a few mins but even for a guy my size the peg handlebar felt very comfy
..the seat is narrow but its no drz perch far better than that ..airhawk may be needed on longer runs but i doubt a day out will be a problem ..but it is designed to actually sit on ..i am a 32 in inseam and with rider sag i flat foot it with a inch to spare
its no gs for sure but its ergos feels perfectly good for a six footer like me ..even the short guy seems to slide that leg down pretty well
he has his toe on the peg so he can slide his leg down ..thats deffinatly bending his leg more than is needed

heres how it looks with me on it ,,i know i know not exacly david beckham ..

but legs are fine just tuck in against the tank ..knees are comfy and not bent to much or cramped

...as you can see the headstock is quite tall it grows out of the fairing ..and should promote a decent standing position ..the cables i noticed are quite long so a set of rox should be no trouble ..im not convinced ill need them yet as the bars naturally come out quite high

minkyhead screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 03:42 PM
minkyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #321
adventure950
Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer: 511
Minkyhead - you handsome devil - you make that bike look damn ugly !

I am going down to the factory on the 19th for a road ride as I still cant do any dirt while recovering from op - but I will know within a few mile of road riding if the bike is right for me.
I am glad you put in your comments and photo as I am 6 ft with 32 inside leg bt I am skinny sort of at 12 1/2 stone so looking at you on the bike would suggest that the bike will fit me like an old slipper.

I also hoped for the option of buying replacement engine in the future and at that price its probably more economic than a rebuild after a few years and umpteen thousand miles - I tried that with KTM - who I thought would be just the people to do replacement engine - not a hope - they wanted to sell a complete new bike ( my bike was fine just the engine was getting a bit worn out at 50000 miles) they did suggest a very expensive parts list for a rebuild (Parts alone were in excess of 1400) - so I feel this is a very good move by CCM. No doubt the prices will go up as time goes on but its a good base line to work off. Jake.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #322
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

thanks jake ..you lucky it wasnt my bad side ...

yeah on the face of it a bolt in engine seems good ..how many times have you got a bike up to spec and then stripped all the bits off or given them away with the bike ..
ill let you know how it fits ..there is a little lane st georges lane near rivington that im hoping to hop accross on the day ..its not a big or bad one but should give me a feel
enjoy your ride you skinny barsteward
Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #323
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMISSIONARY View Post
Foot peg to seat hight looks wrong
Yea.. it does.. looks like a tight cockpit for long distance riding.. but we'll see. All you guys test riding, hopefully they will let you take some photos/videos

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #324
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
Yea.. it does.. looks like a tight cockpit for long distance riding.. but we'll see. All you guys test riding, hopefully they will let you take some photos/videos
its not a bad perch for me im quite tall too there is a optional taller seat ..which will be better for sliding forward to weght the front

Old 07-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #325
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure950 View Post
I agree... that is quite reasonable and a great idea. So often I customize my bike to myself and do it so slowly it perfect right before the engine goes!

A lot of Kymco bikes in Asia... they were all over Bali. To me as a "multiple country adventure rider" it would be comforting to know there is an engine/spare parts in the same country I am in. Perhaps a Kymco dealer could stock them?

My KTM 690 fuel pump/fuel injectors went out in Guadalajara, Mexico a few years back. That was the 5th fuel pump in 8 months and KTM knew I was uber pissed-they had convinced me they had the problem fixed and knew I had a lot riding on that trip! They got new pump/injectors to Mexico in 24 hours BUT Mexico kept them in customs for 5 days.
Even if they were a long ways away, having parts in the same country would make them much easier to get if you needed something.

Malaysia has an alliance with ASEAN countries and mail/customs moves fast between them so they wouldn't necesarily need something in all 210ish countries!
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #326
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

well the cat is nearly out of the bag ..the test rides have been put back ...
there has been a news embargo on theccm until the 11th july
the reason ??
it seems the uk motorcycle news has first dabs magazine out tommorrow ....
strange i get it every week and i didnt even know
straight to the shop tommorrow i hope they liked it...

and hey its in black ..judy in disguise maby
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #327
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkyhead View Post
well the cat is nearly out of the bag ..the test rides have been put back ...
there has been a news embargo on theccm until the 11th july
the reason ??

I say the reason is because 7/11 is my birthday!!!! Guess what's on the top of the list
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:47 AM   #328
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerst View Post
I say the reason is because 7/11 is my birthday!!!! Guess what's on the top of the list

happy birthday gerst heres a preasent for you

mcn video review of the gp 450

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VhA...hlavY2I5URSC7g
Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 AM   #329
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,451
I watched the video. Is it just me or does the bike look really busy on that rocky road. It didn't look like he was going very fast and the bike looked like it was bouncing around a lot to me.

I sure like the looks but with it de tuned to 40 hp I'm not sure that it would be a step up from my DRZ. At least not a $3,000 step.

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #330
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdon View Post
I watched the video. Is it just me or does the bike look really busy on that rocky road. It didn't look like he was going very fast and the bike looked like it was bouncing around a lot to me.

I sure like the looks but with it de tuned to 40 hp I'm not sure that it would be a step up from my DRZ. At least not a $3,000 step.

I think it would be a bigger step than 3,000.

If I heard correctly in the video he said 7,999.00 price.

I would assume that is British Pounds.

That would be 12,000 US Dollars.

But the bike seems to be sweet.It looks tiny.
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote