User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
Byrdguy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
CyMark screen supports.

I just installed a set of Mark's screen supports on my GSALC. Ordered them last week and they came from the UK in 6 days.
they took a little fiddling to install, but they fit and work great. Fine quality. I have a taller screen on order so I thought they would be good to add support, and they do. I couldn't use the washers supplied on the left side bracket as the screws (supplied) wouldn't catch. Maybe because I have the factory Nav prep on the bike and that adds a little thickness. Put the screws in without washers and all was fine. There were no washers on the factory screws, BTW. The right side was fine for some reason. I may get some longer screws for the left side because I like having the flat and lock washers on there.
Overall great service and a well made product. I didn't get much flopping of the factory screen, but now there should be none. Now just waiting on a taller CeeBailey screen.
Byrdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
LordSmoke
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Do you have the GS or GSA? I installed the Wunderlich support, but having such good service from Cymark with my crud catcher, I would probably go with their dual screen support if I had to do it again. The Wunderlich does provide substantial support, but there is still a little flex on the right. The Cymark dual bracket should be nice.

Oh, and does it effect the adjustment knob?

Yes, the Wunderlich does not use the washers with the GPS mount. I had to figure that out myself, but once I did, I was able to decipher the instructions and see that the instructions were there if you knew how to interpret them.
2014 BMW R1200GSW
LordSmoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Byrdguy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I have the GSA and just went for a "spirited" ride (mebbee even violating the law), and the screen was rock solid. To adjust the screen, just loosen the support knobs, adjust screen height, and retighten the knobs. Even if I wasn't going with a taller screen, after using them, they are worth the $$.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSmoke View Post
Do you have the GS or GSA? I installed the Wunderlich support, but having such good service from Cymark with my crud catcher, I would probably go with their dual screen support if I had to do it again. The Wunderlich does provide substantial support, but there is still a little flex on the right. The Cymark dual bracket should be nice.

Oh, and does it effect the adjustment knob?

Yes, the Wunderlich does not use the washers with the GPS mount. I had to figure that out myself, but once I did, I was able to decipher the instructions and see that the instructions were there if you knew how to interpret them.
+1 for the crud catcher. Such a simple idea, yet why don't BMW fit these as standard?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
LordSmoke
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBMW View Post
+1 for the crud catcher. Such a simple idea, yet why don't BMW fit these as standard?
Fitting mine tomorrow. I do highly recommend Cymark. They were unreasonably prompt and personable with emails prior to my purchase. UK to Florida in about ...well, I can't recall exactly, but less than the 12 days they estimated.
2014 BMW R1200GSW
Old 06-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #6
LordSmoke
Studly Adventurer

I wonder if the dual brackets would work on a GS. Since I don't plan on ordering, I haven't asked. Would be good to know for others.
2014 BMW R1200GSW
Old 06-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,880
They work just fine on the standard GS. I have them on mine and I'm incredibly happy that I bought these and not the ugly Wunderlich abomination.

I have used them with OEM GS windshield, OEM GSA windshield, Aeroflow Off-Road and MRA Vario Touring Screen. They work great, are obviously not needed for the Aeroflow Off-Road, but do stabilize all the screens very effectively.

Btw: this might not be the most responsible thing to do, but I can adjust my windshield while riding just as well as before. Down always works, up from lowest only under 40mph as the windpressure is too high at higher speeds and I don't want to break the mechanism.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #8
ducmons
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Info on this thread was helpful. Just ordered my windshield support.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
Bob Southgate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Mine arrived a couple of days ago and was straightforward to fit to my GSA. The screen is rock solid now and if adjustment is needed it entails loosening off the two adjuster knobs on the support which then allows adjustment of the screen.

'14 K1600GT
Bob Southgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 AM   #10
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 696
Please pass along the website for Mark's screen supports.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:59 AM   #11
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,647
CyMark screen supports.

Here's the web address: http://www.cymarcbikeparts.co.uk/ I fitted one of the screen supports to my GSA and it's great. The design is simple and the fit/finish is spot on.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #12
longslowdistance
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
This question concerns the GS (not GSA) LC version of this product. The cymarc bracket seems to be blocked by the factory GPS support strut on a 2015 GS. The website mounting photos show a bike without the factory GPS prep. Anyone else run into this or have a suggestion?
I've sent an email to Mark at Cymarc, too.
longslowdistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #13
Byrdguy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

They fit fine with the factory GPS support.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:56 PM   #14
RJK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
I noticed from the pic on the website that the OEM adjustment knob is still there.

Does it do anything after the install?

Can you take it off?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #15
jdub
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I noticed from the pic on the website that the OEM adjustment knob is still there.

Does it do anything after the install?

Can you take it off?
From looking at the CyMark website, it appears to me his product adds support for the shield once you've adjusted it with the OEM adjuster knob. It supplements but doesn't replace or do the same function as the OEM adjuster knob.

If you want to change shield position, loosen the CyMark knob, adjust shield with the OEM knob and then tighten the CyMark knob again.

If you set your shield to one position and never intend on moving it again, you should be able to remove the OEM knob whether or not the CyMark support is installed.

Neat idea with the CyMark!