ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional Forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
cheesebot OP
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 401
We lost lilolita today

I donít want to be writing this but I do so with the hope that itíll help me deal with the situation. Some of you already know that lilolita was in an automobile accident on Rt 101 in Foster this afternoon and was pronounced dead on the scene. There it is, I typed it. I donít know how to make these phone calls to inform people, I donít know what to say. I apologize to those Iíve called and to whom might have been awkward, I donít have a guide on this.

Many of you know her and the rest know about her. She was always easy to spot and remember. We always had strangers coming up to us with recognition.

For the last fifteen years she has been my partner in life, business, and love. From the outside our relationship was probably hard to fathom but we shared the same goals and ideals and dreamed of a future together. Weíve had our triumphs and tragedies like many do but we made it work. Everything I saw or heard or read I couldnít wait to tell her about and see her reaction - make her laugh, or get angry. There is nobody I would rather talk to about how Iím feeling right now. I always claimed to be the back of the pantomime horse that she was the head of.

She loved to ride, you all know that. We started with vintage scooters and somehow wound up with dual sports (keeping everything in between). She wasnít afraid to try anything and just had a blast at last weekís PBR 500 on her South Jersey home turf (did she mention that she was from South Jersey?). She made extra money as an MSF instructor that was to be spent on one of those new Ducati Scramblers and she was so excited about it and couldn't stop obsessing over it. She rode everywhere in all weather. Itís utterly ridiculous that this happened in a car.

Here she is smiling (it's obvious, isn't it) at the PBR 500

Please use this thread to say what you want about her. Feel free to PM me if you have anything more personal to ask or say. I know Iím rambling here and this has gotten disjointed but youíll have to deal with it. I am unable to eat and it's unlikely I'll get any sleep. I'm going to have some of the 17 year old Ardbeg she surprised me with several Christmases ago.

I will be sure to announce whatever memorial plans we make so everyone who wants can participate. I just wish the weather were better so we could have more riders - itís what she wanted.

I am thankful for the time we had together, the things we experienced and the love we shared.

Treasure your OPB sticker if you got one
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
MATPOC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,124
So sorry for your loss, she will be missed.

Call or stop by anytime, I'm here if you need anything.
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,217
So Cheese called me 4 or 5 hours ago... and I am still sitting here with tears in my eyes... I can not fathom that this has occurred. Lilolita, Erik, others and I rode together nearly every weekend we had decent weather in the three years I was stationed in RI. I often commented that I just didn't make friends outside the Marines while I was in... yet Lilolita, Cheese and I became fast friends. She was salt of the earth, tell it like it is, fearless, intelligent and bad ass. You should have seen her this summer on that heavy ass DRZ,,, rode it up and over all the most difficult passes here in CO without blinking an eye. She went ripping past me on the downside of Black Bear Pass on a section that I had just walked my bike down. The world has lost a true one of a kind original, and my life will have a large hole in it from now on. Cheese, I am sorry for your loss, let me know what I can do.

Lilolita on both sides of the Continental Divide this summer.

Old mining ghost town near Lake City CO,

mrt10x screwed with this post 11-26-2014 at 08:54 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:36 PM   #4
V8

Oddometer: 9,543
My heart became very heavy when I read of her passing.
I called my Girlfriend to tell her the said news....... and also to let myself cry.....
Eric, please pm me if you need anything.
Gunther
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
cheesebot OP
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 401
Looks like I'm finishing the Ardbeg, there's a lot less left than I thought.

oh and it's "Erik", for future reference - I keep thinking you guys are talking about someone else.

If you guys do end up camping next weekend make a big fire for her.
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #6
CaptnSlo
Derelicte

Oddometer: 1,148
I am so sorry. I never met lilolita, but I feel like I knew her through her wonderful ride reports. I really looked up to her. I will miss her.
CaptnSlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
LngRidr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Really sorry to hear about this. And I am sorry for your loss. I just ran across a few of her ride reports the other day and read them. She had a great writing style and seemed like an awesome person all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1980 Harley-Davidson FXEF
IBA# 24562
LngRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
SecretSquirrel
Hindsight Seer

Oddometer: 1,375
I came here by way of the last post in her Oregon ride thread as I had just finished reading it from beginning to end. I am very sorry for your loss.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #9
Piston
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Erik,
My deepest condolences to you. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

I had the honor of riding with lilolita at the PB500. I was right in front of her in that picture you posted, and we said multiple times to each other how much we enjoyed riding together. I don't think I rode a single mile without her that weekend, never thought that would be the last...

She will be missed by so many people, and is absolutely an inspiration to anyone who loves motorcycles.

May she rest in peace...
ďWhat the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race.Ē
Piston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #10
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,437
sorry for your loss ..
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:52 PM   #11
Cdilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
I'm so sorry for your loss Cheese. Also to the CnR crew, I know you are all good friends.

Cdilly screwed with this post 11-26-2014 at 11:44 PM
Cdilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:32 AM   #12
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,796
I remember the day I met her.

It was an ugly, grey day. I was feeling a bit down and had nothing going on, so when I saw the post here about a ride in Providence, I jumped on it not realizing I'd meet one of the best people in the world that morning.

We had a great ride through the city, stopped for dinner at Trinity and then back to the house for FAR too long while we watched Dakar. Getting to work on time the morning after was a bit rough.

Campfires won't be the same without her.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:54 AM   #13
JaxObsessed
Jax Off again.

Oddometer: 15,573
A great spirit, now missing. So sad.

So sorry for her family and friends. So sorry to hear this Erik.
I didn't know her, but you could tell she was a gem from her presence here on ADV.

JaxObsessed screwed with this post 11-27-2014 at 03:00 AM
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #14
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 1,026
So sorry and shocked to see this. I had just found her latest ride report in Oregon in the past week and now this? I was touched by her zeal for life from just reading one RR.

RIP lilolita. May you Erik, her family and friends find peace and comfort.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #15
Bikenstitches
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
So sorry for your loss Erik. What an inspiration she was; her cheerful outlook and zest for life was infectious. I consider myself fortunate to have known her.