ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #3436
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,323
Don't hate the roses because they are beautiful.
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #3437
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,010
It's not the flowers, It's the pricks that go with em

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #3438
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

I just found out how to say best in class in German

Quote:
More Canadian drivers than ever are discovering the benefits of AWD and Volkswagen’s 4Motion system is among the market’s most advanced AWD systems.
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #3439
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,309
Let's face it, some cars are better, more fun, etc. than others, but they pretty much all suck.

Unfortunately, in the NE there are days you can't ride a bike, or times you have to haul things. Or long trips with family. Other than that, I try and stay out of cars.

Had a breakthrough the Sat. before Father's Day. My wife asked what I wanted for Father's Day. I asked for her to take a ride with me, which she hadn't done for probably 20 years. Promised I'd actually do the posted speed limits, and take it easy around the corners. I almost passed out when she agreed.

Actually did the speed limits, gritting my teeth at the 25-45 MPH limits, but we did the 20 miles to Kent without a hitch. Had a nice outdoor coffee+, she perused the boutiques. Later, at home, she admitted it wasn't bad. A start, anyway. This was a woman who toured all around Europe on a BMW with me in the 70's, "what a drag it is getting old". Thank god I haven't.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #3440
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
I just found out how to say best in class in German

Actually that's English.

"Among the market's most advanced"

That would refer to every automobile manufactured. Not comparing it to the other cars that so selectively fit "in it's class".

It's like politics, you have to read between the lines.

I tell people all the time. Let's face it, cars are a necessary evil. We all need to get to work, get the kids to their functions, etc., but cars are a depreciating investment. It sucks that they cost so much, and we need them.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:52 AM   #3441
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

VW SUCKS !!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #3442
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Gone taggin'.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #3443
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Actually that's English.

That would refer to every automobile manufactured. Not comparing it to the other cars that so selectively fit "in it's class".

I tell people all the time. Let's face it, cars are a necessary evil. We all need to get to work, get the kids to their functions, etc., but cars are a depreciating investment. It sucks that they cost so much, and we need them.

How I read between the lines

1 quack standing amongst 20 or so of the greatest surgeons would still be amongst the worlds greatest surgeons

VW STILL SUCKS !!!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #3444
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Haters gotta hate, yo.

Where should we drop the Empire State tag?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #3445
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Whats a tag?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #3446
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,010

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #3447
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Did loph make it back in one piece this year?
Old 06-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #3448
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,395
Quote:
Actually that's English.

:ymca

Fuck'n hippie...

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #3449
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Oddometer: 4,487
Quote:
Actually that's English.

Lenny Knows..................

Old 06-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #3450
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot