ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #4321
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezx10 View Post
MMmmmmm Beer !
does this mean im on the list?
mebbie if you drink beer, this won't happen...

NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #4322
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezx10 View Post
Here's my written promise signed and witnessed

Hmmm I wonder what beer goes best with bacon waffles?
Dah, bacon beer of course.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #4323
Speedo66
Transient

Needed a tube after yesterdays flat. Only thing near me open on Mon. is Danbury Powersports. OK, I'd heard all the horror stories, but figured, WTF, what can they do to a tube sale?

Call up, guys answers "Parts, Brandon" I ask if he's got my size tube, he says hold on, goes and checks, yeah, we have 2, and they're $12.99. I ask the brand, he says Bikemaster. Not a great brand, but it's fine for my purposes, at that price.

I go to pick it up, see the parts guy. Are you Brandon? Yeah. I say I called 20 minutes ago and talked to you about the tube, give him the size. He acts like he doesn't remember my call, says he'll have to see if they have any. Early Alzheimers? I just talked to you 20 fucking minutes ago. There's nobody else in the place, not like he was so busy working his ass off.

Comes back, yeah we got one, it's $17.99. Whoa, I just talked to you and it was $12.99! No, it's $17.99. No, $12.99 was what you quoted me. For $18 I can get a name brand tube.

He makes no effort to say maybe a mistake was made, maybe a misunderstanding? Nothing, total shit customer service, with a 50% markup.

So that was 2 times I was there, the first and the last. I guess the stories are true.

On the way out, I see a sales guy. I ask if they had gotten the new Honda 250 dual sport in yet. I'd been there twice before to take a look at it, but they never had one.

No, they expect them in in late Aug. Really, when the seasons almost over? Seems like every other dealer got theirs, what's up with that? Tells me Honda makes a great product, it's worth the wait. Great, another customer service genius.

Rant over.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #4324
AJxr

Oddometer: 930
must be something in the Danbury area....

last year with motofit..

it was a Friday before a race weekend and i needed some brake pads for my 250exc. called up motofit thinking "they are a ktm dealer, these pads fit a lot of bikes, they should have them."

so i call them (about an hr drive, better safe then sorry)

guy at motofit - "we might but i don't know what pads fit your bike."
me - can you look it up?
guy at motofit - no but your welcome to come look through them and see if we have them
me - what if i call you back with the part number?
guy - no sorry i am busy.
me - ok i guess i will take a chance and drive an hour each way so i can race on sunday
guy - ok see you when you get here.

was really weird...

i get down there and he shows me the pads, which are neatly hanging on the wall all organized and such...

not only do they have the part numbers clearly listed on them... they actually say what bike they fit on the package. i picked them out in literally 2 seconds.

also first and last time i will shop there.

What would Magoo do?
AJxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #4325
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Oddometer: 4,681
On the other hand..................

Hunter Cycles in Thornwood has always impressed me. Small shop, very knowledgeable, reasonable pricing. Bought 2 Yamahas from them.

Dutchess Rec has sold me 2 vehicles - The CBR100RR and the new waverunner. Good experience both times. I just received a check in the mail because they had overcharged me 15 bucks on the registration fee. I would have never known.
I went in a few days before the end of July to buy a water ski vest for the wife. Took it to the salesman to pay for it, and he says they are going on sale on August 1st, but he'll give me the discount now.

I also like both shops because they don't try any of the high pressure sales BS like pushing extended warranties.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #4326
mikezx10
Happy hooligan!

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
mebbie if you drink beer, this won't happen...

Mmmmm Beer!!
mikezx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #4327
Speedo66
Transient

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePill View Post
On the other hand..................

Hunter Cycles in Thornwood has always impressed me. Small shop, very knowledgeable, reasonable pricing. Bought 2 Yamahas from them.
+1

When I lived close by until last year, I used to take my tires there to be mounted and balanced. They had no problem with my bringing mail order tires in, charged a fair price, $25, and didn't scratch my rims.

Nice Mom and Pop shop, literally, with a nice attitude.

Another good family run shop is Hudson Valley Motorcycles in Ossining. Will bargain on purchase prices, good repairs quality wise, and now a Ducati dealer in addition to Suzuki and Kawasaki.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #4328
Chinookmark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
I got a great deal on a ZX-6R at New Milford Cycles. (They've since closed.)

Good deal on a Speed Triple and awesome customer service at Canton Cycles in Winsted. (Closed)

Good price and easy sale on a Tiger 800XC at Gengras Harley Davidson in East Hartford. (They don't sell Triumph anymore. I bought the last one.)

If you all pitch in, I'll buy a bike from Danbury Powersports and put them out of our misery.
Chinookmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #4329
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,135
To funny. PLEASE stay away from Libby's. So far they have been spot on and delivered in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookmark View Post

Good deal on a Speed Triple and awesome customer service at Canton Cycles in Winsted. (Closed)

Good price and easy sale on a Tiger 800XC at Gengras Harley Davidson in East Hartford. (They don't sell Triumph anymore. I bought the last one.)

If you all pitch in, I'll buy a bike from Danbury Powersports and put them out of our misery.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #4330
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Thank you Bill Gates for giving me something to do on this otherwise dull and boring day. I can perform MS Updates on all 5 windows machines. Woo Woo.

In other news: MS Surface Tablet has been a failure, so - like so many attempts at hardware (ZUNE anyone?) - rather than just giving up, they will try version 2.0.

These boys can just piss money away like the government.

GATES FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #4331
BluePill
AARP Slacker

Quote:

Mark is our own Typhoid Mary of bike dealers.

You youngin's might need Google for that arcane reference.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #4332
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,555
i think you mean steve ballmer. bill stepped down from operational aspects of msft back in 2008. he dedicates his time (and a good portion of his wealth) to the bill and melinda gates foundation.
Quote:
Thank you Bill Gates for giving me something to do on this otherwise dull and boring day. I can perform MS Updates on all 5 windows machines. Woo Woo.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #4333
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,135
It's better than waking up and opening iPhoto to find that your photo library (all the way back to the beginning of digital cameras) has been deleted. And yes, Apple knows about the bug, "but it's not that big of a deal because it effects so few users."
Yah, well fuck you Apple

I've been a hard core Apple user since 1983, and have never personally owned any other brand of computer, that is about to end.

I know, my bad for not being obsessive about backups, but WTF, they know about the bug.

PC based computing, welcome to my home. Now the question is do I sell my Macbook, or take the satisfaction of riding over it with my bike???
Or better yet
Now back to your regular programing
Quote:

In other news: MS Surface Tablet has been a failure, so - like so many attempts at hardware (ZUNE anyone?) - rather than just giving up, they will try version 2.0.

These boys can just piss money away like the government.

GATES FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!!

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #4334
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:

Buy something from Motofit please
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #4335
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
It's better than waking up and opening iPhoto to find that your photo library (all the way back to the beginning of digital cameras) has been deleted. And yes, Apple knows about the bug, "but it's not that big of a deal because it effects so few users."
Yah, well fuck you Apple

I've been a hard core Apple user since 1983, and have never personally owned any other brand of computer, that is about to end.

I know, my bad for not being obsessive about backups, but WTF, they know about the bug.

PC based computing, welcome to my home. Now the question is do I sell my Macbook, or take the satisfaction of riding over it with my bike???
Or better yet
Now back to your regular programing
Ill slip you a $20 for it

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote