ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #61
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPanzer View Post
Man oh man - with the sun out today, I'm just itchin to get out there. Is there an online version of the route we can look at or just wait and be surprised during the event?
No online verision...Gotta be there to get your route sheet!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #62
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,229
anyone want to carpool over there from north of HW2? I'm thinking about running the 100.
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #63
Chris6_85
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
anyone want to carpool over there from north of HW2? I'm thinking about running the 100.

Chris there is a few of us going from over at bellinghamdual sport and also i know willy and a few others are also going over from thumpertalk... its hard to get a good groupe together and find each other. becuase of no cell phone coverage. however. if u want to u can join us for the convoy over. we are leaving 6 amish friday from skagit/whatcome area. i got a fulll load over there. how ever one guy is in the air. so if he drops out i will call ya
Chris6_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #64
frdbronco8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
length

Is there an approx distance for the dual sport? Thinking of doing it this year to try out the roads less traveled. Not sure if I should put the bigger tank on my EXC for it though.
frdbronco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #65
Grantizzle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdbronco8 View Post
Is there an approx distance for the dual sport? Thinking of doing it this year to try out the roads less traveled. Not sure if I should put the bigger tank on my EXC for it though.
when i did it last year, i put 160 miles on my bike. it was one lap of the poke run, one lap of the DS "A" loop and one lap of the DS "B" loop. I think the poker run was 25-30 miles, but i could be wrong. the loops are, or at least were, designed to put you back at camp after each lap.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #66
NWPanzer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Is the poker run/DS route usually off-road ( as in across the desert ) or just dirt roads like farming roads?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #67
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
A combination of ranchland and then highway to other offroad areas. some sections might be described as dirt road, some pavement connecting sites, but most of the miles were on trails over ranchland or equivalent.

I am planning to head over for the Poker run from Woodinville-Monroe area.

One tip, be sure to have your act together and get an early start. A late start may mean not getting in the lunch stop or the latter sections of the DS run. Section of courses do close at a certain time. Your trip time depends on the number of rest stops, mishaps, site seeing the carnage, or the speed of the group you are running with.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #68
sein
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Is anyone with room for an extra bike leaving from or passing through Seattle on their way to Odessa?
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #69
mx813
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Heading there tomorrow afternoon.

Hey.... someone has to go layout course and build some bridges.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #70
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
Is anyone with room for an extra bike leaving from or passing through Seattle on their way to Odessa?
Departing from Woodinville-Monroe area for the Saturday ride. 1 open bike slot on the trailer towed by a 4dr jeep.

Edit: Will leave Friday night and tent it or sleep in the jeep (less work). Will return most likely Sunday morning but maybe Saturday night. TBD. Also headed out for the Fringe Poker Run this Friday or Sat AM 0 dark 30, also 1 open spot on the trailer. This edit gets the right event logistics straight :-).

- Mike

K7MDL screwed with this post 03-14-2013 at 09:12 PM
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #71
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
This might be a stupid question but where is the camping area and race HQ? I've been all over Stumpjumpers' website and it only says Odessa.

It's near Odessa but not in Odessa. Is it north, south, east, or west of town? Highway 28? Highway 21? Cemetary Rd? Duck Lake Rd? King Ranch Rd? Hopp Rd? Lakeview Ranch Rd?
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #72
what broke now
Petroleum Brother

Oddometer: 1,166
Near the intersection of Irby road and the Highway west of Odessa, about 8 miles ~
what broke now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #73
WAknobbyknuckles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Thinking of riding the DR from Ellensburg and then doing the dual sport ride on Saturday, watching Sunday. Is this a bad idea?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #74
Sparrowhawk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAknobbyknuckles View Post
Thinking of riding the DR from Ellensburg and then doing the dual sport ride on Saturday, watching Sunday. Is this a bad idea?
It's a bad plan. You should do the race on Sunday instead of watching. . What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #75
WAknobbyknuckles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
"It's a bad plan. You should do the race on Sunday instead of watching. . What could possibly go wrong?"
Ha Ha Ya i've heard some war stories from previous years that make it a bad idea to think you will ride your bike home after you have finished the race.
This truly is my first year attending and everyone has bailed in my group so I decided to roll solo to the D100. Im experienced as a rider but just don't want to really have to give it a go alone for the first one and find out i am as bad as everyone tells me I am. Any thoughts?