ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!
 
SidewinderX's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: NW North Carolina
Oddometer: 1,144
R1200GSA Handlebar bag fitment

I searched but could not find the answer. I have a 2012 R1200GSA and I am looking for a handlebar bag.

I highly prefer the Wunderlich but I have read some reviews that it does not fit the 2010+ bikes correctly. Wunderlich website confirms this. BUT, I read some reviews that state the bag will fit a 2012 gs1200....

Anyone here have a handlebar bag or knowledge of why it may or may not fit correctly??
__________________
Daniel
What would you attempt to do in life if you knew that you could not fail?
SidewinderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
DetourJournal
DetourJournal.com
 
DetourJournal's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Provo, Utah
Oddometer: 75
Touratech has one here: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...-Explorer-1200

and Hornig has one that I've seen here: http://advdepot.com/catalog/product/...category/1108/

Unfortunately I've never used a handlebar bag myself so other than those two links, I'm pretty useless
__________________
DetourJournal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetourJournal View Post
Touratech has one here: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...-Explorer-1200

and Hornig has one that I've seen here: http://advdepot.com/catalog/product/...category/1108/

Unfortunately I've never used a handlebar bag myself so other than those two links, I'm pretty useless
I had the wunderlich one for my '11 1200GSA and it fit perfect.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!
 
SidewinderX's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: NW North Carolina
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
I had the wunderlich one for my '11 1200GSA and it fit perfect.
Perfect. Thanks.

I want something small to keep basics like my garage remote and heated gear remote inside that is easily accessible. If I can run a wire to it for charging items (the wunderlich is waterproof and has a waterproof pass through for wiring), then that would be awesome as well.

Just not wanting a tank bag.....
__________________
Daniel
What would you attempt to do in life if you knew that you could not fail?
SidewinderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #5
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 2,702
It'll be perfect for you, then. I regret selling mine.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer
 
trc.rhubarb's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Concord, CA
Oddometer: 1,927
I bought a KLR bag off Ebay for about $15 in perfect condition.
Strapped it over the bar pad (otherwise it didn't fit right) and it works great!

Plus, since it says KLR, nobody wants to look at whats inside

I get glasses, bottle of water, phone, small camera, chapstick, lighter, earbuds and wallet in there and it's about full.
__________________
2007 BMW GS Adventure / 2000 Ducati 900ss / 2010 Harley Ultra Limited / 1975 BMW R90/6 / 2006 DRZ400S
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
justinallen03
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: greenville, sc
Oddometer: 213
wunderlich bag is awesome

I have it for my 2010. it fits well. The velcro didn't seem to have the largest overlap, so I made some velcro extension tabs out of some adhesive strips from Hobby Lobby. Just a little extra peace of mind.

I run a powerlet-to-cigarette lighter adapter into my tank bag, which connects to a 2-port USB plug. I charge my phone and extra Sena headset module when i'm riding. that, plus my wallet, and its fairly full.

I chose not to cut open the electrical pass-through on the back, in favor of just running the cable out the zipper. Been through a lot of rain, never had any problems with getting water in the bag. Its pretty solid.

justinallen03 screwed with this post 02-24-2013 at 10:20 AM
justinallen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
SidewinderX OP
Hey, watch this!
 
SidewinderX's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: NW North Carolina
Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinallen03 View Post
I have it for my 2010. it fits well. The velcro didn't seem to have the largest overlap, so I made some velcro extension tabs out of some adhesive strips from Hobby Lobby. Just a little extra peace of mind.

I run a powerlet-to-cigarette lighter adapter into my tank bag, which connects to a 2-port USB plug. I charge my phone and extra Sena headset module when i'm riding. that, plus my wallet, and its fairly full.

I chose not to cut open the electrical pass-through on the back, in favor of just running the cable out the zipper. Been through a lot of rain, never had any problems with getting water in the bag. Its pretty solid.

The Wunderlich site states that it was recently redesigned with longer Velcro straps.

I ordered one, so I will report back soon.

Thanks everyone.
__________________
Daniel
What would you attempt to do in life if you knew that you could not fail?
SidewinderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
mcstark
KaTooM convert
 
mcstark's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Bflo, NY
Oddometer: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewinderX View Post
If I can run a wire to it for charging items (the wunderlich is waterproof and has a waterproof pass through for wiring), then that would be awesome as well.
The pass-through on my Wunderlich handlebar bag wasn't cut all the way through. They left that for the buyer to do. I simply removed it (carefully) and installed a Powerlet pass-through. This is the way to go, in my mind.

__________________
Regards,
Mark

2004 KTM 950 Adventure
mcstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
lukeinlondon's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetourJournal View Post
Touratech has one here: http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3...-Explorer-1200

and Hornig has one that I've seen here: http://advdepot.com/catalog/product/...category/1108/

Unfortunately I've never used a handlebar bag myself so other than those two links, I'm pretty useless
Great price on the Hornig thanks for posting, I signed up for their newsletter for $100 off the luggage
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014