Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #31
devrodirt
devro

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
In past years most riders camp. For those of you wishing to have a cabin see post above for numbers and websites.
I recomend Mulberry Mountain. The place and people are great.
The folks at Turner Bend Gen Store have a couple cabins for rent up in the hills too.

devro
Out here where you can breathe. Lyle Lovett
devrodirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #32
devrodirt
devro

Mr. Cat Man, ie: Scotty,
Where do we find a list of those who are gonna ride?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #33
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
I will post list when I get home Wednesday. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #34
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

I got the website up and sign up is ready!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
devrodirt
devro

Nice web site.
A am assuming it's OK to camp at TCWR Thursday night, 4/11?

devro
Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
B-Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
I stumbled on this event and can't wait. I am trying to talk a couple of my friends from the area to join me. I rode the TAT on a 1200 GSA year. Do you think Arkansas 500 will be too difficult on a big bike?
B-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #37
devrodirt
devro

Maybe I'm not the one to answer, but I do know NW Arkansas pretty good.
I'd bet 90%+ of the route will be good for a GS if our April weather is "normal". There is always a chance of deep creek crossings and mud.

But until Scotty publishes the route we won't know. I'm sure he's waiting for the ride to get closer so he can set the route for prevailing conditions and for all to enjoy. I'm sure he'll also have re-routes in the plan.

Another one thing for sure: there will be plenty of really good folks along to help you out if you need a push or something.

Another thing for sure is that Scotty puts on a REALLY good ride and good time. And if you have never visited his Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge, well that alone is worth the price of admission.

devro
Old 03-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
B-Nice
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
THANKS Devro! Sounds like this is going to be an awesome weekend. If I read info right, the ride starts early Friday morning, which means I need to leave Memphis Thursday. Head to Eureka Springs Thursday night?

Little mud and water doesn't bother me. Deep gumbo all day long and I may reconsider.
As long as there is someone around "just in case" I am good with that and may just have to come alone if I cant get anyone else to go with me.
B-Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #39
devrodirt
devro

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Nice View Post
THANKS Devro! Sounds like this is going to be an awesome weekend. If I read info right, the ride starts early Friday morning, which means I need to leave Memphis Thursday. Head to Eureka Springs Thursday night?

Little mud and water doesn't bother me. Deep gumbo all day long and I may reconsider. As long as there is someone around "just in case" I am good with that and may just have to come alone if I cant get anyone else to go with me.
Yup, be ready to ride out of TCWR at 0800 Friday, that's what I understand. Which I think means be there early enough to get your gear loaded into the SAG wagon.
I'm pretty sure we can camp at TCWR on Thursday night. I'm sure a few will be in motels, there are several to choose from.
Riders Rest is east on Hwy 62. It's motorcycle only, clean and fairly cheap. I'll be staying there Wednesday night.

Come alone, meet new crazies. We'll carry that thing across deep creeks and push you though the mud.

devro
Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #40
Earlevet
ADVEarl

Oddometer: 549
I ran my GSA last year and you should be fine. Let the shuttle carry your luggage to lighten the load
Quote:
I stumbled on this event and can't wait. I am trying to talk a couple of my friends from the area to join me. I rode the TAT on a 1200 GSA year. Do you think Arkansas 500 will be too difficult on a big bike?
Earlevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #41
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Last year there were some big GS's... little GS's, KLRs etc... you get the idea... there will be a wide mix of bikes... there were folks running mostly street tires... the main difference is how fast you go... Crazy ass KTM go fast guys up front... slow old guys in back..

I rode in back last year... way fun...
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #42
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Thanks everyone for keeping the questions/answers going while I'm working out of town. Devro is right, I cannot post routes/tracks until we get closer to the actual date. Rain can make a big difference. I will get them up in time for everyone to digest them properly. Also, show up Thursday evening for camping and file sharing...
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #43
scotty69 OP
Studly Adventurer

Sorry everyone about not posting and updating as much as i should this year. I have been extremely busy at work lately. In the last 128 days I have orchestrated the relocation of 34 tigers! Yes, Tigers. Check out www.facebook.com/turpentinecreek for an update. Tomorrow we are finishing a monumental achievement, a task never before done without flaw. Sorry, I am proud of the team my wife and I have assembled over the last 20 years.

This is why I do what I do....to save animals, which saves people. See you soon!
Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #44
BRIARS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
I saw the relocation story on the local news, good stuff. I hope to get up there sometime to visit.

I just got off you tube and was watching videos of past 500 events. Man I got to do this thing. Sure looks like a good time.
BRIARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #45
Lumberjack
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Count me in!

All signed & counting the days! Great idea on camping @ TCWR Saturday night, you simplified my life a bunch, oh & cool new website there Scotty!
Lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote