ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #181
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,312
Yikes! This is sneaking up on me - I need to call and reserve a cabin, STAT!

Dick, wanna split it again? My treat this time.

I will have my KLR in the truck and I'm planning on bringing a Bunn coffee maker, coffee, filters and disposable cups, half & half and sugar. And an extension cord.

Chuckracer screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 02:08 PM
Chuckracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #182
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicPanic View Post
Website looks great.
I'll be tenting it, but Google reviewer raised points that might be issues for some.
Anyone visited since the most recent reviewer to confirm, or check in with management?
Do they know they are about to be descended upon by hoards of ADV riders?
We were there early July. For tent camping, it's a pretty basic set up, but the grounds were clean. The port-a-johns were clean and stocked. The bathrooms were so-so clean. You need quarters for showers.

On the plus side, it's a beautiful spot, plenty of room to spread out. Potable water tap by entrance.
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #183
ny-wolcott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
Yikes! This is sneaking up on me - I need to call and reserve a cabin, STAT!

Dick, wanna split it again? My treat this time.

I will have my KLR in the truck and I'm planning on bringing a Bunn coffee maker, coffee, filters and disposable cups, half & half and sugar. And an extension cord.
YES! Thanks Chuck. I guess we're talking about Friday and Saturday night.

Dick
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #184
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
We might have a bike in the truck also (and two dogs, this is getting complicated :) . Great idea on the coffee maker, ect...

Overall, should people plan on bringing their own utensils and dishes?
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:27 PM   #185
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny-wolcott View Post
YES! Thanks Chuck. I guess we're talking about Friday and Saturday night.

Dick
Yes indeed. Gonna try to move Friday dialysis to morning and get own there early afternoon.

Chuckracer screwed with this post 07-31-2013 at 06:18 PM
Chuckracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #186
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,293
Rainmaker and I had a great recon ride today!

The campground owner was not around today, but I think we stumbled on another area with some trails for you guys to ride that shouldn't ruffle any feathers. We only rode a portion of them, but there were a number of offshoots that should be enough to keep you interested for while.

I'll have to do at least one more preride to complete the second loop, but it looks promising.
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #187
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post

The campground owner was not around today, but I think we stumbled on another area with some trails for you guys to ride that shouldn't ruffle any feathers. We only rode a portion of them, but there were a number of offshoots that should be enough to keep you interested for while.

I'll have to do at least one more preride to complete the second loop, but it looks promising.

Awesome news!! Can't wait to see what you found

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #188
ny-wolcott
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 914
Note for street riders

If any of you would like to attend on street bikes, don't be bashful. I've put together a few options so everyone can be comfortable.

First option - I will lead a small group of sporty riders as is outlined in prior posts. This ride will take place Saturday. So far, only scudrunner82 has signed on.

Second option - I've generated a route guide sheet for a 245 mile ride that you can follow on your own on any bike.

Third option - Bring a good (such as Jmaps, not the green give away) Delaware County street map and I'll highlight the good roads for you to find and ride. Or combine options 2 & 3.

Note: The Sunoco station in Downsville does NOT carry Jmaps DC maps. Go to the Citgo opposite the diner.

Let us know what you'd like.

Also, if any of you do these rides, put it on a GPS for the future.

Dick
ny-wolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #189
rainmaker8
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
nice roads and trails!

Oh my GOSH what amazing roads and trails!
I guess you can't call them all roads... sure they are all essentially "public" and wide enough for a truck, but dang it can get rough in some sections. Nice challenge. Good variation of pavement, gravel, dirt, rocks, more gravel, more dirt, more rocks, lots of elevation change, ... and great views!!!!

Thank you BK.RD.RNR for scouting out such nice routes and letting me tag along on the recon. I enjoyed it; a full day of riding about 250 miles on that little XR400 wound out in top gear wide open!

What a great way to enjoy the Catskills.

PS: if you meet some old farmer dude with a cane named Walter on a barren dusty back road... don't talk politics if you're in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post

rainmaker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #190
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,002
Hey fran will you also have a keyboard rider group for those of us who just want to hang back and post shit on the internet?
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #191
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,374
of course there will be. you can use this forum for your posts. they specialize in keyboard riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Hey fran will you also have a keyboard rider group for those of us who just want to hang back and post shit on the internet?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #192
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I love that place
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #193
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker8 View Post
Oh my GOSH what amazing roads and trails!
I guess you can't call them all roads... sure they are all essentially "public" and wide enough for a truck, but dang it can get rough in some sections. Nice challenge. Good variation of pavement, gravel, dirt, rocks, more gravel, more dirt, more rocks, lots of elevation change, ... and great views!!!!

Thank you BK.RD.RNR for scouting out such nice routes and letting me tag along on the recon. I enjoyed it; a full day of riding about 250 miles on that little XR400 wound out in top gear wide open!

What a great way to enjoy the Catskills.

PS: if you meet some old farmer dude with a cane named Walter on a barren dusty back road... don't talk politics if you're in a hurry.

Whatever you do... DO NOT ask about the Draft!!!

Thanks for coming along Rainmaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Of course, I thought you were leading that "ride",,, but you may have to bring your own WiFi hotspot.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #194
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

FYI..

Anyone who is looking for more information on what rides will be offered/ itinerary etc.. Please refer to post #2 by CLICKING HERE.

I have been updating that post in an effort to keep all information easy to find.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #195
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Sounds like fun. When and where is this happening