ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #361
mikezx10
Happy hooligan!

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
That would be the rider's meeting that everyone but you was at.

As far as the people we lost, you have no clue what you're talking about, so leave it alone.

It was a confusing intersection without a "turn", and an understandable mistake.
Just bustin chops man....especially after b18c5rodney posted that Ron split up the group.
mikezx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #362
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,422
This was the extent of my Bk.Rd.Rn 2013... The injury sucked but the staff at the Hospital was fucking awesome...They gave me my own in hospital version of the run

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #363
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Fridge meeing ...Yeah i told her that i didnt do it...then she recalled everything we did just before we left and told me I was the last person to take the blueberries out of the fridge

it sucks i cant even blame my kid yet...just waiting for him to be 2 years and he shoulders all these from his brave father

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
sorry about the fridge, just blame bk.rd. or tell her you were not there for the Fridge meeting...
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #364
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRon View Post
my ass was jealous of Rodney's day-long-ass.

thanks for the new sig....
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #365
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,447
Thanks to all!

I just wanted to write a quick post to say thanks to everyone who came out and made this year a success.

I had a great time, and I hope everyone else did too!

It was awesome to see the usual suspects again, and great to meet some new folks as well.

A big thanks to Dawn and Michael for producing and leading an alternate ride, to David for sharing those tracks, and to the Bergen BMW crowd for joining us. Good stuff all around!

Not that they follow our thread, but I'd also like to thank Peaceful Valley Campground for being our gracious and supportive hosts for the last 5 years. (Airplane rides are pretty friken cool too!).

Anyone else reading this, looking for a place to camp in that area, please support them, as they openly welcome us and support our community too. Its a nice place for families to camp as well.

Also, I got the impression this year, more so than in the past, that the local residents were happy to see us coming to the area, and helping to support their otherwise dwindling tourism industry. I point that out, so anyone who may be reading this intending to head to the area to do some exploring, might keep in mind to please be sure to be considerate to the locals so we can keep that spirit alive. It is not often we will be welcomed to go play hooligan on some dirt roads. If you see someone walking, riding horse, or passing houses, please reign in a bit and try to avoid offending anyone.

Okay, I'll get off the soapbox now.

Thanks again everyone for coming out! Looking forward to seeing you all next year!

I only got a couple of photos, so please be sure to share all the shots you guys got in the thread!

Thanks,

Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #366
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,103
Yeah, Fran, thanks for putting this together. I got the impression that the locals liked it- most of them waved (even the ones on horses, which I know can be touchy).
Next year, I'll have to spend the night (didn't have the opportunity this time).
Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #367
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

Quote:
Yeah, Fran, thanks for putting this together. I got the impression that the locals liked it- most of them waved (even the ones on horses, which I know can be touchy).
Next year, I'll have to spend the night (didn't have the opportunity this time).

The important thing that I have found with horses;

You have to be aware that the animal has a mind of its own. Its not a car, motorcyle, or 4 wheeler under the complete control of its rider/ operator. It is a 2000(?) pound animal, and they can be spooked, some can easily be spooked. Always approach slowly, and as quietly as possible. No one wants to see someone else get hurt. Especially when it can be avoided.

A little consideration, and understanding that horseback riders are just enjoying their hobby, the same as us, can go a long ways.

(Okay, I'm going to go burn the soapbox now)

Quote:
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
Old 08-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #368
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
I did feel bad about that. I went back to look for them (and so did Fran, but much later). I'm pretty sure they turned, when they should've kept straight (it wasn't a true intersection... more of a fork). But, they had a GPS and a doctor in their group (and they probably didn't crash), so they may have been better off than us!

I was on the WR250 behind you.
Don't feel bad at all. It was totally an understandable mistake and it wouldn't have been an issue at all, but we were low on gas and backtracking extra miles would have been risky, so we just beelined to the nearest gas station.
Huge props to David on his amazing Ducati for salvaging an awesome route back to the campsite with some tracks he had loaded in his GPS.

Also thanks once again to BK.RD. for the wonderful event and all the other inmates I got to meet!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #369
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,578
I will take "credit" for the split, if that's the proper word. I ran out of gas in the main tank, and threw some in that I had in my bag.

Dave acting as sweep sent a rider ahead to let the last one know we were alright, but I guess there was a mix up there.

I have to give props to the guys on the big bikes, the Ducati, the Tenere, the big KTM's, you guys were awesome.

Thanks again to Fran for for putting this together, not easy and time consuming I'm sure.

Also thanks to Dave for hanging back with us slow guys as sweep, and putting together a great alternate route.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #370
BK.RD.RNR OP
Torque Stick

I hope you weren't intimidated by the excessive speed. ... Good thing it had 4 wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
This was the extent of my Bk.Rd.Rn 2013... The injury sucked but the staff at the Hospital was fucking awesome...They gave me my own in hospital version of the run

Quote:
Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #371
IndyTimSt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Looks like a good time

Just curious, does anyone have any gps tracks of the routes? I grew up in that area and would really like to see where everyone roamed. I need to get back there sometime with my KLR and play around. Thanks!
IndyTimSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #372
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudrunner82 View Post
I was on the WR250 behind you.
Don't feel bad at all. It was totally an understandable mistake ...snip
Thanks. I don't feel as bad now. Hopefully, I wasn't throwing many rocks in your direction, either.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #373
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Hey Justron, how's my brother Beta bike doing? You liking it?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #374
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,548
the fran fly by

Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #375
scudrunner82
human whoopy cushion

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Thanks. I don't feel as bad now. Hopefully, I wasn't throwing many rocks in your direction, either.
Not at all I'm so used to getting roosted its not funny!

You should see Daves Ducati throw the stuff!!! That was a bit intimidating lol

350, 450, 848, 900, 1190r

"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earheart
scudrunner82 is offline   Reply With Quote