|01-26-2013, 10:18 PM||#1|
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Canmore, Alberta. The Canadian rockies.
Utah Backcountry discovery route questions.
Thinking of doing the utah backcountry discovery route this year with 2 bikes and a truck.
The idea is to take in the scenery do some day rides along the way, camp and explore some of the smaller towns close by.
The bikes will be a KTM 530EXC. Husqvarna TE511 and the truck a late model Toyota tacoma (fuel hauler,dog wagon, luggage, tents etc). The plan is to trailer down the bikes and go from there.
Here are my questions:
1. What mods, if any would you make on the bikes? I know they are more pure dirt orientated than dual sport long distance rides.
2. Is the route truck friendly?
3. what towns, if any are close by and worth a look? (good eateries etc).
4. Where could I potentially leave a trailer for a few days while we ride and camp?
5. What month is the best time to go?...heat isnt so much a problem as we are canadian, although 40C is pushing it.
Any ideas help. Ive mountain biked alot in these areas but never done any Motorcyling down there.
I have all the standard backcountry gear, SPOT/GPS etc as we do a fair bit out in the bush up here in Canada.
2010 Triumph Thruxton
2001 KTM LC4 640E
1993 Kawasaki KE100
|01-27-2013, 06:51 AM||#2|
Joined: Oct 2007
If you post in the regional rockies forum you might get better response. This section if for completed short trips.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|