ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
FLARider1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
Thoughts on my plan from the occupants of the Liar

So....in May I am going to the BMW Two Day Off Road class and I am taking the whole week off. For the sake of not camping and not bouncing in and out of hotels for many days I am thinking about just heading straight to Greer over the weekend and making the $50/night Super 8 hotel thats close to the Performance Center home base. Seems to me about everything I could possibly want to do, The Dragon (just because I need a new sticker), The Cherahola, Route 28, Wheels through Time, The Snake, are all within a days riding from Greer. Also plenty of National Park/Forrest fire roads to go explore.

Leave out any comments of your likes or dislikes for the class, I have it booked and I am going. I have been through it once, but a pretty hard mating incident with a tree has shaken my confidence on the big bike and I am doing the class again to regain some of what I rode out of there with the first time.

Also, I have ridden all of Skyline Drive/BRP, Did the Foothills Parkway north and the Cherokee Foothills Byway south, The Dragon, The Cherahola, The Moonshiner all before........so its all a revist and to venture off the main roads.

I don't mind camping, just don't have to and don't care to........I might on the way up as I will leave Homestead, FL on Saturday and don't really need to be Greer to Monday afternoon. However, I may just blast up Saturday and have three full days of riding the area before the class......

With all that said.........your thoughts? Is it a good idea? Off the beaten path route suggestions, must see places?
FLARider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 13,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLARider1 View Post
In the wrong hands they can be
Sorry... I thought your thread was in JM. I get paid to be a smart ass down there.
Good luck with your trip.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
KarTek
Boy Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
I'm planning on taking this course some time and your plan sounds like exactly what I would do. Love the convenience of a hotel home base.

1972 Honda Mini Trail, 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000 (x2), 2009 BMW F650GS
KarTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #4
FLARider1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
Sorry... I thought your thread was in JM. I get paid to be a smart ass down there.
Good luck with your trip.

all good..........I saw the humor in it and laughed!!
Old 02-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
FLARider1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarTek View Post
I'm planning on taking this course some time and your plan sounds like exactly what I would do. Love the convenience of a hotel home base.
I have stayed at that Super 8 before, cheap, clean and convenient!!