ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #421
Gilerd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Looks like its time to call it. It's been over three days since the first official bruced photo. I made a potential mascot with some desk decor for tallbob if he's interested Tallbob, can you set a new tag within 48 hours? If not the tag has to go to Teneray, and I'll be happy to adopt out the pigrat if needed.

Gilerd screwed with this post 06-20-2013 at 08:26 PM
Gilerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #422
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 27,011
A BEAR ... They turn rocks over....
They do it here all the time....

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #423
tallbob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
I'll make a new tag. I turned over every rock I could, most were way too big to move. Gilerd, I'll PM you about the PigRat.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #424
goosecreek
a desk prop

Oddometer: 2,233
I took a short ride last night and the shoulder did fine . I am ready to play again
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #425
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
Grab. Bunch of rookies.

I think Tallbob flipped the correct rock when he was there. I looked in to the hole, and could see light. Poked around and found RAT pretty quickly . We don't need no stinking RAT PIG.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #426
goosecreek
a desk prop

Oddometer: 2,233
goosecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #427
draley
Blue Ridge Yamasaki

Oddometer: 273
Ok

Just so y'all know, I did NOT put it in the hole. The RAT was securely under that big rock, on solid ground.

Way to go, Davo. I was thinking of going up there just to see for myself this afternoon, but then decided that I will probably be riding tomorrow anyway so it could wait until tomorrow.

So, you beat me to it, but I was going to check it out tomorrow morning.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #428
Gilerd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Bad news Davo, and good news!

Great job finding the mascot! I would have looked myself with the time..yet da rules is da rules. Keep it for future use when the pig rat undoubtedly gets washed away, etc. Tallbob is currently is possession of the new mascot (slightly more modified than original pigrat) and has until 11:30pm tomorrow night to set and post. Thank you Davo for finding the best mascot in the game yet! Anyone who wants to put it back in play needs only to set the pigrat on fire in secret (dont eat it) and then the MIA policy kicks back in with brucing photo, then ask Davo for the mascot, unless its Davo having the BBQ.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #429
Gilerd OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by draley View Post
Just so y'all know, I did NOT put it in the hole. The RAT was securely under that big rock, on solid ground. .
It's all good man, the joy and pain of a real mascot game apparently comes with this stuff. I love it! Just hope I get to grab one at some point.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #430
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilerd View Post
Great job finding the mascot! I would have looked myself with the time..yet da rules is da rules. Keep it for future use when the pig rat undoubtedly gets washed away, etc. Tallbob is currently is possession of the new mascot (slightly more modified than original pigrat) and has until 11:30pm tomorrow night to set and post. Thank you Davo for finding the best mascot in the game yet! Anyone who wants to put it back in play needs only to set the pigrat on fire in secret (dont eat it) and then the MIA policy kicks back in with brucing photo, then ask Davo for the mascot, unless its Davo having the BBQ.
I respectfully dis agree. Rules state that the first person to grab the tag (mascot) gets to place the next tag. The RAT was under the same rock that Dale placed it under. I think when Tallbob flipped the rock, the rat went into the wormhole. Since the RAT was in its placed location, my grab should be valid. Any of the preceding taggers could have found the RAT, if they poked around a bit. Also it is a common practice to cover the mascot with leaves, mulch, pine needles etc. If some one looks in what they think to be the correct location, and misses it by a foot, they do not find the mascot. What is the difference between that scenario and this one?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #431
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,565
Outsider/lurker/poacher-in-waiting speaking...

I think this game has lost its mascot more than all the others I follow combined.

If the rules say to find the object, I'd say Davo-55 found the object. Why does it take any more discussion than that? Not actually looking until you find it shouldn't give cause to create a new one.

See the North American game for some serious mascot drama - much along the same lines, but it got really ugly and had to get shuffled down to Joe Momma...

Thought: Do you really need a mascot in a local/regional game?

Another thought: it is a GAME. Ride, have fun, take pictures, ride some more. Save the disagreements for M-F/9-5. Man is allotted only a certain number of heartbeats. Don't waste them, you know?

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #432
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Outsider/lurker/poacher-in-waiting speaking...

I think this game has lost its mascot more than all the others I follow combined.

If the rules say to find the object, I'd say Davo-55 found the object. Why does it take any more discussion than that? Not actually looking until you find it shouldn't give cause to create a new one.

See the North American game for some serious mascot drama - much along the same lines, but it got really ugly and had to get shuffled down to Joe Momma...

Thought: Do you really need a mascot in a local/regional game?

Another thought: it is a GAME. Ride, have fun, take pictures, ride some more. Save the disagreements for M-F/9-5. Man is allotted only a certain number of heartbeats. Don't waste them, you know?
Thanks Bruce. The RAT I found today is the 3rd mascot in this game. You point out the purpose of this game. Get out and ride. I would have NEVER, taken that gravel road off the BRP before these tag games. I was rewarded with a breathtaking ride in some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation. I saw several deer,a waterfall, a fantastic ride along a fast moving mountain stream. At the tag location, I decided to carry on rather than back track. Great decision, despite my rear brake fading to the point it was useless. Some real "tight" moments, if you get my meaning. Emerged into Curtis, a picture perfect wide spot in the road. Carried on to 122, 9 miles north? of Bedford Va. Fantastic ride and now I know how to access that gravel road from two directions.
Great tag location Draley!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #433
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by draley View Post
Just so y'all know, I did NOT put it in the hole. The RAT was securely under that big rock, on solid ground.

Way to go, Davo. I was thinking of going up there just to see for myself this afternoon, but then decided that I will probably be riding tomorrow anyway so it could wait until tomorrow.

So, you beat me to it, but I was going to check it out tomorrow morning.
Great road Dale. I kept going to see what Curtis looked like. Very scenic. That was a cool ride down the mountain. My rear brake faded out not too far after the waterfall. Working one minute, nothing at all the next. I pulled over just past a beat up "End State Maintenance" sign and knew the road would be improving soon.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #434
tallbob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 576
I'd say Davo has the rat and the tag but Gilerd has the final say as the originator of the game. What the final verdict Gilerd?

I'll hold the pigrat until needed.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #435
draley
Blue Ridge Yamasaki

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo-55 View Post
...I would have NEVER, taken that gravel road off the BRP before these tag games. I was rewarded with a breathtaking ride in some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation. I saw several deer,a waterfall, a fantastic ride along a fast moving mountain stream. At the tag location, I decided to carry on rather than back track. Great decision, despite my rear brake fading to the point it was useless. Some real "tight" moments, if you get my meaning. Emerged into Curtis, a picture perfect wide spot in the road. Carried on to 122, 9 miles north? of Bedford Va. Fantastic ride and now I know how to access that gravel road from two directions.
Great tag location Draley!
I am so glad you went on through. I was hoping that would happen and someone else would "discover" the fun and beauty of Overstreet Creek Rd. and the run through Curtis. I live in Forest, so I use this run to access the parkway on a regular basis. Even though I have worn it out, it is still one of my favorite treks (Overstreet Creek Rd.)