ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #616
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Two words: heated grips
Heated grips on the KLR. Soon to be on the Katoom. Looking to take Friday off, forecast says low sixties.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #617
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Grab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #618
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,578
Finally!!!!

Good snag!

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #619
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Finally!!!!

Good snag!
You did a good job burying it, I was crawling around with a flashlight for 15 minutes. Found the correct rock after five minutes, flipped it over, but could not see the ziploc bag. I was wishing I had the heated grips and a heated jacket on the way home.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #620
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo-55 View Post
You did a good job burying it, I was crawling around with a flashlight for 15 minutes. Found the correct rock after five minutes, flipped it over, but could not see the ziploc bag. I was wishing I had the heated grips and a heated jacket on the way home.
I tried to put it just under the surface. It probably sat there long enough for geological processes to create more earth from decaying bio-matter.
Or some such garbage...

Old 12-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #621
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

That pic also gets the USA College Sports Tag. Drop it at Va Tech. Or VWCC. Or...

Old 12-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #622
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

New tag.

RAT is under the siding on the side that faces the road. Pushed her up in there a couple of inches, you cannot see her if you are standing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davo-55 screwed with this post 12-21-2013 at 03:23 PM
Davo-55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #623
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

For myself, it is hard to believe that this Tag Game is not yet one year old. Great having it, one of my favorites. Thank you to the op!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #624
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Had a feeling this was going to be a good game. LOTS of fantastic riding in that area. Wish I could get in the middle of it more.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #625
TeneRay
2>4

Oddometer: 1,646
I hate churches. I always feel like I'm going to be smote
TeneRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #626
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 476
My riding area is usually the northern part of the NC-NC game and the southern part of the Roanoke game. I wish the NCNC game had something like the rat to drop off, does away with the file tags.
Woodenveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #627
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Warning: Opposing viewpoint on file tags alert!!!

I like using file tags as it gives me a chance to drop a tag instantly in another part of the region and let someone else have an immediate shot at it. The "you have to ride to play this game" argument is specious. I rode to get the tag, the file tag and someone gets a quicker chance to ride to get the new tag. It keeps games moving much more quickly. Look at the VA game to see one that gets ground to a halt more than any other game I play.

I love riding in a lot of parts of VA and have some great pics all over the southern half of the state. If I go grab the VA tag, I have to place it on the return ride home. By definition, it's not going to move much. The folks that weren't chasing it due to its location still aren't going to be chasing it. I've seen that game sit for over a month on a good number of occasions.

The Triangle game that I live in the middle of, in contrast, can move a half dozen times/day. Personally, I'd much rather see an active game than one that sits due to being mired up in a ridiculous rule.

wb57 screwed with this post 12-23-2013 at 07:17 AM
Old 12-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #628
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 476
Quote:

I like using file tags as it gives me a chance to drop a tag instantly in another part of the region and let someone else have an immediate shot at it. The "you have to ride to play this game" argument is specious. I rode to get the tag, the file tag and someone gets a quicker chance to ride to get the new tag. I keeps games moving much more quickly. Look at the VA game to see one that gets ground to a halt more than any other game I play.

I love riding in a lot of parts of VA and have some great pics all over the southern half of the state. If I go grab the VA tag, I have to place it on the return ride home. By definition, it's not going to move much. The folks that weren't chasing it due to its location still aren't going to be chasing it. I've seen that game sit for over a month on a good number of occasions.

The Triangle game that I live in the middle of, in contrast, can move a half dozen times/day. Personally, I'd much rather see an active game than one that sits due to being mired up in a ridiculous rule.
You've got a good point, I too had rather see it moving more. I actually thought it wasn't moving because there just wasn't that many active members. When the spot gets moved farther away there are different people playing it, good point.
Woodenveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #629
Davo-55
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Had a feeling this was going to be a good game. LOTS of fantastic riding in that area. Wish I could get in the middle of it more.
This particular tag is on one of the absolute best riding roads in the area. Fantastic scenery, fantastic road. Best to access from US 460. North Fork Road. Lots of tight turns and not a lot of traffic. Church is on the right if you enter from 460.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #630
pfestus1
Slasher

Oddometer: 604
File tags...

Quote:

.......snippy....snippy.........

Interesting points, WB, and some truth in what you say. But really, the "no file photo" rule is there to promote the whole idea of these game, which is to get folks out to ride. Its kinda oxymoronic to say a game is "active" just because it moves around a lot, but when the tags are "file tags" and posted without getting out and riding, how "active" is that? I only wish I had more time these days to get out and ride. When I retire again, I think I'll designate one day a week as Moto Day and then I can play some Tag

2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation,
Gotta get my post count up
pfestus1 is offline   Reply With Quote