Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #16
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-BAR View Post
So I talked to BMW financing and interested rate which they offer is between 8.9%-17% which is pretty high so I don't think I'll go with them. Now I am looking for someone else to finance the bike with.
I am planning calling Vegas dealership tomorrow since they have three of the Rally edition bikes which I really like and we will see what deal they'll offer on the bike and financing as well.
Wow! That's high. My 2011 GSA was financed through BMW and their standard rate for ppl with good credit is 5.9% for new bikes.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #17
KOH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Dealers

Concur - dealers seem to be firm on their prices. My local dealer was telling me that BMW has put a 90 day holdback on their bike inventory - this effectively gives the dealer 90 days of no penalty, no interest charges, no holds on their inventory ( also applies to used inventory). My take is that the dealer has no incentive to move inventory - until March.
KOH
KOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #18
staikosn1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Aah my dream....
But keep in mind that spoked wheels are in standart edition, not extras!
staikosn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #19
EddieMac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Consider adding the GSA panniers and tail rack. Looks sharp with the Rallye color scheme.

EddieMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
KA-BAR OP
Full throttle

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Wow! That's high. My 2011 GSA was financed through BMW and their standard rate for ppl with good credit is 5.9% for new bikes.
You are correct on that , sorry that I did not clarify, since I was paying off or refinancing someone else's loan they considering it used bike loan.
Right now I am seriously considering a new bike.
KA-BAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
tom28734
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
2012 Rally Availability

I have an '05 and like it fine. However, I have been lusting after a 2012 Rally a bit. They are available ALL OVER the country. Vegas has three. I'm guessing that BMW got most dealers to take these as demo bikes. Search all of Craigslist, and ebay as well, and you'll find virtually every dealer seems to have one or more. Then consider that the 2013 water cooled version is coming soon - that's public knowledge. Vegas and others have tried on eBay several times and the auctions fail before they hit $15k. I'm going to be patient with my $15k and see what happens.........
tom28734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I found that patience is the key when looking to make a "big purchase" such as an adventure bike ... When I made the commitment and new exactly what I wanted, I saw a bunch of bikes that seemed "perfect" at the time and thought that I would NEVER find "the perfect bike for me" ever again and let a few "perfect bikes" go. I was ready to do a fly n' ride which is a great way to discover this beautiful country of ours and enjoy the new bike, but as I found out with new models coming out and riding seasons being different on the East coast as it is on the West coast, beautiful used bikes will always come on the market. THE perfect bike showed up right around the corner from me, courtesy of a local inmate and last summer I became the owner of a beautiful 2012 GSA with very low miles for the perfect price ... So I feel that patience will always be the best tool you'll need ... But that's just my humble opinion, it worked for me and might not work for others ...
Mr.Mushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #23
Noonen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Some food for thought. I just received word from my local dealership that production of the Rallye gs was only 458.

The Rallye will continue to be a fairly rare bird, well under 2% of the 2012 total I'm sure.

I love mine, everyone seems to agree, it looks sharp in pictures and even better in person.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #24
KA-BAR OP
Full throttle

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom28734 View Post
I have an '05 and like it fine. However, I have been lusting after a 2012 Rally a bit. They are available ALL OVER the country. Vegas has three. I'm guessing that BMW got most dealers to take these as demo bikes. Search all of Craigslist, and ebay as well, and you'll find virtually every dealer seems to have one or more. Then consider that the 2013 water cooled version is coming soon - that's public knowledge. Vegas and others have tried on eBay several times and the auctions fail before they hit $15k. I'm going to be patient with my $15k and see what happens.........
You are right about them falling short of 15K on eBay, I guess with the holdback they just waiting get the water cooled ones in the showrooms, maybe then they may ease up on the price .
KA-BAR is offline   Reply With Quote