Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #46
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemon Grundy View Post
Great pics guys, I really appreciate the way everyone was friendly and welcoming to a noob like myself. First time in Death Valley, first time up steps, first time in a sand dune, and first time riding at night. All of it came together for a memorable experience and I look forward to improving my skills and riding with ya'll in the future.

Mark
'09 klx250s
It was good to meet you Mark. You did great!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #47
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,770
Can't wait to get back!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #48
JPaccassi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
My 2 dune videos

Just up a dune & back down...with pretty colors

Big Dune-Following Perry from Justin Paccassi on Vimeo.

Posted this one in the regional thread earlier..thought I would repost here

JP
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #49
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,191
I've got mine uploaded, just need to post them here. Give me a day or so to get it done... Cool stuff thus far!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 PM   #50
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,913
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
I've got mine uploaded, just need to post them here. Give me a day or so to get it done... Cool stuff thus far!
Can't wait to see what ya got with the awesome Nikon...
Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #51
805gregg
Just Stroming along

Oddometer: 1,515
Looks like another ADV ride has turned into a RV adventure, maybe there needs to be another forum for people that can talk about there RV's.
805gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #52
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 805gregg View Post
Looks like another ADV ride has turned into a RV adventure, maybe there needs to be another forum for people that can talk about there RV's.

ADVRVdrivers.com

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #53
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Ride or drive...

Go or not...

I'm sure you can find someone that wants to ride with you
You should start your rally... and have fun
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #54
RAZR OP
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:

I actually heard a few KLR folks will be there this weekend, sounds like your kind of crowd. noob.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #55
StevefrmGV
MotoBro's RetroCycle's

Oddometer: 394
Desert Man

Desert Man

Somewhere between Death Valley and Beatty Nevada, we crest a small hill overlooking a flat valley of sagebrush and rocks. In the distance, about a mile, we see a vehicle, a figure stands near by. As we pass with the racket of six off road motorcycles, the figure does not move, it looks like a human being shrouded in a Grim Reaper looking hoodie, we expect a wave, a turn of the head or something, nothing. At a cross road fifty yards from the vehicle we stop to consult our maps and GPS units, which way to Beatty? One dude starts yelling at the figure, nothing, no reaction, just as stiff and still as a small Joshua tree, this is weird. An uncomfortable feeling settles over a few of us and we split, we’re out of there. During lunch in Beatty, we talk about what it was we saw, we speculate whether it was real, a person, a statue, dead or alive?

Back in camp, Furnace Creek, sitting around the campfire we tell our story to a few other ADV’ers, fellow desert rats and adventure seekers. A couple of guys who have spent considerable time in this dry desolate part of the country, guys who have seen and experienced the abnormalities of this place tell us its an art installation, yeah, that’s it, what with Ryolite nearby, an art community with sculptures, statues, paintings, and ghosts! The area around Beatty is known for art installations they say. There was a sofa out there with two mannequins watching a seventy’s era TV, tv trays with drinks on them, remote control in hand, an art installation, cool.

The next day finds us back in Beatty via The Chloride Cliffs and Ryolite, past the sculptures and art installations. Our planned route will take us south out of town near where the strange installation is. As we approach, we see it, still standing, hoodie draped and hiding any face. My riding buddy Richard pulls right up to it, right in its face. A hand rises, pulls off the hoodie and drops it on the desert dirt. I almost fall off my bike. Richard yells at the guy “Hey whats up, you been out here long?” his head turns slowly to meet Richards gaze, his face weathered, gaunt, wrinkled with deeply bloodshot eyes, “not very long” he says, as he turns, walks to the open door of the old SUV gets in and slams the door shut…..
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 PM   #56
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
I'm totally hardcore

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #57
Off Limits
Really?

Oddometer: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevefrmGV View Post
Desert Man

Somewhere between Death Valley and Beatty Nevada, we crest a small hill overlooking a flat valley of sagebrush and rocks. In the distance, about a mile, we see a vehicle, a figure stands near by. As we pass with the racket of six off road motorcycles, the figure does not move, it looks like a human being shrouded in a Grim Reaper looking hoodie, we expect a wave, a turn of the head or something, nothing. At a cross road fifty yards from the vehicle we stop to consult our maps and GPS units, which way to Beatty? One dude starts yelling at the figure, nothing, no reaction, just as stiff and still as a small Joshua tree, this is weird. An uncomfortable feeling settles over a few of us and we split, we’re out of there. During lunch in Beatty, we talk about what it was we saw, we speculate whether it was real, a person, a statue, dead or alive?

Back in camp, Furnace Creek, sitting around the campfire we tell our story to a few other ADV’ers, fellow desert rats and adventure seekers. A couple of guys who have spent considerable time in this dry desolate part of the country, guys who have seen and experienced the abnormalities of this place tell us its an art installation, yeah, that’s it, what with Ryolite nearby, an art community with sculptures, statues, paintings, and ghosts! The area around Beatty is known for art installations they say. There was a sofa out there with two mannequins watching a seventy’s era TV, tv trays with drinks on them, remote control in hand, an art installation, cool.

The next day finds us back in Beatty via The Chloride Cliffs and Ryolite, past the sculptures and art installations. Our planned route will take us south out of town near where the strange installation is. As we approach, we see it, still standing, hoodie draped and hiding any face. My riding buddy Richard pulls right up to it, right in its face. A hand rises, pulls off the hoodie and drops it on the desert dirt. I almost fall off my bike. Richard yells at the guy “Hey whats up, you been out here long?” his head turns slowly to meet Richards gaze, his face weathered, gaunt, wrinkled with deeply bloodshot eyes, “not very long” he says, as he turns, walks to the open door of the old SUV gets in and slams the door shut…..
[IMG][/IMG]
We saw that scene on Friday. Fucking weird.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #58
Edelweys
DOM undercover

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post

I actually heard a few KLR folks will be there this weekend, sounds like your kind of crowd. noob.
Next time I'm going to have my bike Fed-Exed. All that loading and unloading is a hassle.
Is that a bad thing?

Or, dear Lost Rider, as some old greek philosopher said (or should have said), don't preoccupy yourself with thoughts of what I should do, or I may start telling you what YOU should do...
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #59
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,123
Not really seeing what I told anyone they should do. I do not care what so ever how other people want to roll, so fuck that Greek Philosopher. I'm too busy riding.

Back on track with some red white and blue.

This was a Mobile posting using Tapatalk App

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #60
Edelweys
DOM undercover

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Not really seeing what I told anyone they should do. I do not care what so ever how other people want to roll, so fuck that Greek Philosopher. I'm too busy riding.

Back on track with some red white and blue.
Nice bike (I think I saw it on a trailer at Furnace), great pics and vids too

I just checked back in the thread: the original comment came from 805gregg, not from you. - You had just responded to it.
My sincere ap's...
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote