User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Doogle OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Business visa-Russia

I am hoping to Ride Russia,Mongolia,Kazakhstan to UK in May 2013.I am not clear if I can get a multi entry visa for Russia.I will need a minimum of 3 entrys.I have read that I can only get a 2 entry visa if I have not had a visa previously.I think others have done it though.I know I am running out of time.I would hate to cut down to a 2 entry visa.I am a USA citizen.Does anyone have any current experience with this?
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
Dr. Benny
Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer: 778
Doug! I have no idea about the visa situation, but am excited to hear you're riding northern Asia!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
Doogle OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Benny View Post
Doug! I have no idea about the visa situation, but am excited to hear you're riding northern Asia!
Benny,you're in California now?
Didn't see your post till today.I guess I didn't set my notices right.I've been hanging out at HU a lot lately. They have more focus on Asia.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
SR1
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,163
KZ just raised their prices on visas like crazy. Used to be $30, now it's $160!
SR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
Doogle OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I ended up going through GoToRussia for my visa.My total cost was $337 for a 3 year multi entry visa. The visa also gives me the ability to postpone my trip for a year or two if some idiot in North Korea starts a war.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #6
Dr. Benny
Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post
I ended up going through GoToRussia for my visa.My total cost was $337 for a 3 year multi entry visa. The visa also gives me the ability to postpone my trip for a year or two if some idiot in North Korea starts a war.
Wow, that's great. I was expecting something like a 30-90 visa with only double entry. Seems like it's well worth the money if you want to poke over the border here and there. Keep me posted about your trip status amigo!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #7
white_bear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Talking RU-USA Special Visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogle View Post

There is special 3-year multi entry visa for USA citizens. The gotorussia place is fine. For another $60 or so IIRC, they register your visa in RU as well. This is cheaper than staying in a hotel or whatever to get it done.

The required on-line Visa App for the Emassy/Visa Application Center is a drag. If you make a mistake while typing and don't see it right away, you have to go back and do a whole other application. Also, you should save pages of the application as you go along. While it seems dumb, print the security page/question/answer. Yes you can write it down, but GTR wants it printed. If you make a mistake and see it after you print the Visa app on your own printer, be prepared for another hour to redo the whole thing.

Other than that, it is easy. You also have to download and print the GTR suggested "Intro-Letter" .

You mail all your forms to either Atlanta or San Francisco, whichever is closer. Be sure to choose which one on the GTR application instructions.

I will be leaving Germany about May 20-22 heading east to Vladivostok. If anyone is interested in riding along, or partway, PM me or send email.

cheers
YMMV
white_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Doogle OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Benny View Post
Wow, that's great. I was expecting something like a 30-90 visa with only double entry. Seems like it's well worth the money if you want to poke over the border here and there. Keep me posted about your trip status amigo!
Just got back to Ohio this afternoon.Start bike prep tomorrow. There are a couple others riding east to west (sorry white_bear) around the beginning of June. I may possibly meet up with them.

My Russian language skills are coming along fine.I know about 11 words.Well,numbers anyway.And I think I know the alphabet.My pronuciation may be a little different than anything they ever heard.Immigration and customs will probably take me 2 days at each crossing. ADVENTURE