Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #196
Kentucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Springfield Mile double header this weekend!

All Stars National Flat Track Series short track at the multi purpose arena on Friday night, Springfield Mile I on Saturday afternoon and Springfield Mile II on Sunday afternoon. It doesn't get much better than that in one weekend!
Barry
2009 Kawasaki KLR650
1973 Jawa 350 Californian two stroke twin
Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #197
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
live streaming for the double-header (sat and sun) at springfield this weekend

http://www.amaprolive.com/ft/

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #198
IT 400
Junk Collector

Oddometer: 1,582
Coolbeth comfortably in through his heat race, Johnny Lewis misses getting in the main by one spot in his semi.
IT 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #199
cbxtc6
On my Way...

Oddometer: 864
Kawi's 1,2, & 3 today's Main!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #200
Rich B
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Talking

Kwai had another good day today on the mile.......
Old 09-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #201
IT 400
Junk Collector

Shayna rode one to the top box in the basic singles main... Tough weekend if you don't like green. I don't own one but since "Deuce" rides one on the short tracks I guess we can live with it...LOL...
Old 09-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #202
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
So some thoughts....kind of random... after Springfield. The Kawasaki that Robinson rode was so fast that the Harleys could not even pass it in a draft unless they "team drafted". On Sunday they (Baker,Coolbeth,Mees) were lining up to draft. No single HD could draft pass him. Smith or Beach could on their Kaws though. Burnetts have a strong horse there.
Kentucky and partner did a great job on the mics explaining the "basic" (PRO) Twins class. It is too bad that all the racing was for second. Another really fast Crossley bike that Shayna was riding for sure. She is not that much better than Johncox and Isennoc. It was clear that 450s just can't live long on a mile and Kentucky explained that AMA felt that there needed to be a feeder program to the twins. They have black plates with white numbers.

I actually found myself cheering for HDs to win something, anything, during the day. I guess I like my racing to be less predictable than that. Kentucky and Scottie were running out of things to ask Shayna she was up on the stage so often... I thought it might be down to "what is your favorite fast food?" by the end.

The real question is how do you even up all these bikes? If you give the HD more open restrictors, then they get a tremendous advantage on a half mile track. But 3 mm would be better acing on the miles IMO and we are getting a lot of them. Biggest disappointment are the Triumphs. They can't keep them together and they are heavy. Mikey Martin rode the wheels off #91 in the heat race but the engine gave up the ghost before the end of the day.

Best racing was Sunday. The two LCQs were classic nail biters. The main was classic Springfield though Robinson won and it was clear he had the fastest bike. All he had to do was get into position on the last lap....and he did!

It was great to finally meet you Kentucky.... And the show was a good length BTW. Maybe there were just too many 450s. Congrats to Mr and Mrs Mees too
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #203
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
Another really fast Crossley bike that Shayna was riding for sure. She is not that much better than Johncox and Isennoc.
She was this weekend. Word is, they dyno'ed the top 3 Basic Twins Sat right after the race. Her bike made less HP than Isennoc's. Same dyno, race trim.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #204
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Maybe there were just too many 450s.
But 15 Basic Twin entries is just embarassing.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
Old 09-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #205
buls4evr
No Marks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
But 15 Basic Twin entries is just embarassing.

Give them some time . There will be more. It is a good idea as long as there is basically equal HP. The Crossley bike had a big knowledge base to help it. Any of the first 3 would win on it IMO. Johncox and Issennoc are not chumps. John cox's HD could not even draft her in the heat race though he rode the wheels off it for about 4 laps on Sunday. She has raced them many times on 450s and has not always beat them. She had a superior bike....period. Also 2nd and 3rd have no experience riding those bikes and not a big name team helping them. They will get a lot better. Sometimes HP does not win, superior traction does.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #206
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Give them some time . There will be more. It is a good idea as long as there is basically equal HP. The Crossley bike had a big knowledge base to help it. Any of the first 3 would win on it IMO. Johncox and Issennoc are not chumps. John cox's HD could not even draft her in the heat race though he rode the wheels off it for about 4 laps on Sunday. She has raced them many times on 450s and has not always beat them. She had a superior bike....period. Also 2nd and 3rd have no experience riding those bikes and not a big name team helping them. They will get a lot better. Sometimes HP does not win, superior traction does.
So her winning on miles on other displacements, include a number of them in 450 Pro, is not an indication she's a good mile racer, it HAS to be the bike? Your starting to make this sound like a sexist thing. No doubt the Crossley team does know the platform well. But someone with guts, skill, and determination has to twist the throttle, and ride the thing.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:02 AM   #207
buls4evr
No Marks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
So her winning on miles on other displacements, include a number of them in 450 Pro, is not an indication she's a good mile racer, it HAS to be the bike? Your starting to make this sound like a sexist thing. No doubt the Crossley team does know the platform well. But someone with guts, skill, and determination has to twist the throttle, and ride the thing.

She is a great rider. A great rider on the best bike in this case. A winning combination.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #208
IT 400
Junk Collector

Childhood Cancer Awareness Fund raiser

Tar Heel Speedway Auction
Just talked to Mike Hacker and he said he rounded up some cool stuff while he was at Indy to auction at the race Saturday night to raise some funds for
St. Baldrick's Foundation. We got stuff from Jared Mees, Kenny Coolbeth Jr, Johnny Lewis, Joe Kopp and Brad Baker... Oh yeah, and some dude named Hacker LOL!!! We can't thank these guys enough for chipping in. Bring your checkbook and pick up some cool Flattrack collectables and donate to a worthy cause during Chidhood Cancer Awareness Month. "Racing for a Reason"!!!

Oh yeah... And some junk from a Jake Johnson fella???

Check out our FB page
Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #209
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
She is a great rider. A great rider on the best bike in this case. A winning combination.
Crossley backing is huge, no doubt..... doesn't hurt that she probably has a 50lb weight advantage on the boyz....

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:15 AM   #210
Calkins
On Any Sunday...

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvscrvs View Post
Crossley backing is huge, no doubt.....
If you are referring to the twin was was riding, look at the paint. That was not a Crosley Sports Group machine. That bike was built, and owned, by my buddy here in Iowa.

Rider and Owner...

2007 Triumph Bonneville America - 865
WANTED - Boss Flat Track Frames - WANTED
Calkins is offline   Reply With Quote