http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/co...na-motorcycles
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #62
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post

quoting the article linked above

"But possibly the most interesting piece of news is that it is expected that the Husqvarna Motorcycle brand will be re-launched later this year. Exactly what the re-launching will entail we don’t yet know. But the most likely place for this is the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, November 7-10. That gives Pierer Industrie AG time, but not a lot of time, to get their house in order and to implement their master plan."

So reading between the lines "re-launch" would seem to imply a big change from the direction Husky was headed under bmw, i for one am more than ready to hear that! no more "mini cooper" of motorcycles strategy!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #63
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
quoting the article linked above

"But possibly the most interesting piece of news is that it is expected that the Husqvarna Motorcycle brand will be re-launched later this year. Exactly what the re-launching will entail we don’t yet know. But the most likely place for this is the EICMA motorcycle show in Milan, November 7-10. That gives Pierer Industrie AG time, but not a lot of time, to get their house in order and to implement their master plan."

So reading between the lines "re-launch" would seem to imply a big change from the direction Husky was headed under bmw, i for one am more than ready to hear that! no more "mini cooper" of motorcycles strategy!

Right time of year to launch the new Husqvarna Dakar 450RR, powered by KTM.

Husky doesn't exist anymore.

Beta is where it's at.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #64
Sparrowhawk OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
Minis are for girlz.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #65
JustRon
ex-broadwayron

Oddometer: 910
From a consumer perspective, I think this can only be good for Husky. I hate what BMW did to them (yeah, I hear a lot of folks like the new 650- not me).
I'm going to consider this good news.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #66
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,163
I tend to agree. The TE449 weird just to be different design wasn't something I could ever bring myself to buy. Put the damn clutch and countershaft sprocket back where God intended them to be ferchristsake.

Also, I am surprised the two strokes survived even their relatively short stay under Bavarian bosses given the new urban mobility crap coming from BMW. So a little love there would be nice and KTM does a damned fine two stroke.

I don't see how being back in the hands of people that understand offroad can possibly be a bad thing for a historically offroad oriented brand. If nothing else, KTM or ex-KTM bosses will at least understand what that kind of history means.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #67
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
I don't see how being back in the hands of people that understand offroad can possibly be a bad thing for a historically offroad oriented brand. If nothing else, KTM or ex-KTM bosses will at least understand what that kind of history means.

Some of us don't drink orange koolade like yourself, no offense meant, but I don't see how a person can ride an LC4 engine more than a few blocks. I hold things like that against a brand.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #68
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Right time of year to launch the new Husqvarna Dakar 450RR, powered by KTM.
And even more riders for Cyril to borrow a motor from... x

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #69
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,163
Quote:
Some of us don't drink orange koolade like yourself, no offense meant, but I don't see how a person can ride an LC4 engine more than a few blocks. I hold things like that against a brand.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously. I am not brand centric at all. Though I do admit to liking 640E's and SXC625's.

But I would also have a TE 250 or 310 in my garage right now if Husky had a dealer nearby or even if I had found one before I stumbled over my plated MXC.

I do, however, stand by what I said about having Husky back in the hands of a much more offroad oriented company being a good thing. I may end up with one yet if this goes like I expect it to.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #70
SigPig
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
This guy has gone a little further than around the block on the LC4. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893 I don't hear him complaining. Just Saying.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #71
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
There is also Jaguar and Rover...

People still seem to buy them and new models keep coming...
And I know plenty of people who wouldn't. Give it time to see how Jaguar does after they are responsible for the next generation rather then build the English ones. My neighbors are from India and are awesome neighbors, but I have yet to see a decently put together Royal Enfield and they have been made in India for a long time. Maybe it's just building to a price point. I hope so as I'd hate to see Jaguar and Aston Martin fall in quality.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #72
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Minis are for girlz.

Oh, by the way, is MCN now a serious magazine with reliable sources?

M Motoadventures

Evil Invader screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 01:10 PM
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #73
Seppo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
thats almost shoking news.

i lost interest in the new huskys when they came out with the te449 series. to much plastic, to complicated. and i´ve never been a friend of the over-designed 900 Nuda. that front fender looks ridiculous. anyway, my 450 is a great bike, not perfect, but great for what it is meant for, so i still root for this brand.
and as an austrian, i also like KTM very much. my neighbour worked at ktm for a very long time, up high close to Stefan Pierer. what i can tell you, don´t under estimate this guy. he made ktm out of scratch, so to say. i don´t know what the goal is, but i´m sure he knows what he is doing.

i guess he has a few option on how to place the husky brand on the market:

- a less race oriented offroad brand. adventure bikes, like the TE610/630, maybe closer to the KTM 640 Adventure

- share components with KTM/Husaberg, but stay different enough (shared parts could include WP Suspension, Electrics, Engine/Gearbox)

- a low level entry offroad race bike, or offroad play bike for the average trail rider

- a less aggresive line of street bikes (not as sharp as the (super)dukes or RC8)

i hope, husky will stay relatively indipendent, otherwise it will share the husaberg story. in a few years there will be the "KTM EXC 450 RACING" and the more expensive "KTM EXC 450 BERG". and in 20 years there will also be the "KTM EXC 450 HUSKY", a cheap alternative.

Seppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:59 PM   #74
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppo View Post
...shared parts could include WP Suspension, Electrics,...
Hopefully NOT the electrics!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #75
Richklr650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
I presume you meant to say except for the Hondas that are made in Thailand and parts sourced from China.

good one hahaha
Richklr650 is offline   Reply With Quote