Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #76
bmwktmbill
Traveler

Oddometer: 4,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
What the HELL are you talking about?! Please explain, WTH you mean by Saudis own India.
So....

Where is the Saudi money?
Remember they pump oil?

The money is in Brit banks and the Brits own India(always did) but the Saudis own England so that means the Saudis own India. Can the Indians stand alone or do they need London?

Dude it's about Central banking and a world leveraged 1000/1.

Don't even think about Dubai or Geneva.

Merkel is just a poodle.

A big poodle.

As the Brits threaten to leave the Euro Union.
It's currency wars played like spoons.
A mad grab is coming.

IMHO.
bill

The faster it goes the faster it breaks.
And high performance=high maintenance.
Bill Shockley

bmwktmbill screwed with this post 01-31-2013 at 06:05 PM
bmwktmbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
sailah
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,411
I bought a 2011 TXC449. Bike was a lemon, husky bought it back and gave me a 2012 TXC511 instead. Bike is fantastic. I like it better than the KTMs and believe me, every one of my riding buddies has either a 2009 or newer KTM or Berg.

The KYB forks are simply superior to WP forks and I currently own 7 sets of WP forks.

I really like my Husky with the CTS countershaft sprocket (although I haven't tried to change it yet) it gets a lot of traction.

I did buy my bike on price though. I paid 5700 for a brand new bike that came with stock 2 pipes (akropovic titanium). Hard to beat that with a new KTM.

Nessmuk
sailah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #78
hansi
Teurer Abenteurer

Oddometer: 267
Wow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwktmbill View Post
So....

Where is the Saudi money?
Remember they pump oil?

The money is in Brit banks and the Brits own India(always did) but the Saudis own England so that means the Saudis own India. Can the Indians stand alone or do they need London?

Dude it's about Central banking and a world leveraged 1000/1.

Don't even think about Dubai or Geneva.

Merkel is just a poodle.

A big poodle.

As the Brits threaten to leave the Euro Union.
It's currency wars played like spoons.
A mad grab is coming.

IMHO.
bill
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #79
Beer_me
JY

Oddometer: 65
Eh?

I just received this news via an app on my phone (android: Motorcycle World News). Here's the blog that was cited:
http://www.twowheelsblog.com/tag/ktm+buys+husqvarna

Note the conjecture that, as I understand it, Indian company Bajaj ends up owning a controlling share of both KTM (and by default Husaberg right?) and Husky ... maybe I've had too many beers so correct me if I've got that wrong.

In my mind, there's no way the parent brand KTM (Bajaj) can diversify its two/three brands enough to keep all of them. Think GM -- no more Olds or Pontiac. Somewhere I read that Husky was of late the fastest growing brand in the US. The question is whether KTM capitalizes on this and finds a niche for Husky or simply eliminates the competition by absorbing and killing. Furthermore, from a corporate global supply and manufacturing standpoint, what sense does it make to keep manufacturing any bikes in Europe (let alone in two different locations) if you are the Indian owners, what with their access to much cheaper labor? My money is on this not being good for Husky at all.
Beer_me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #80
Sparrowhawk OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_me View Post
Note the conjecture that, as I understand it, Indian company Bajaj ends up owning a controlling share of both KTM (and by default Husaberg right?) and Husky ... maybe I've had too many beers so correct me if I've got that wrong.

In my mind, there's no way the parent brand KTM (Bajaj) can diversify its two/three brands enough to keep all of them. Think GM -- no more Olds or Pontiac. Somewhere I read that Husky was of late the fastest growing brand in the US. The question is whether KTM capitalizes on this and finds a niche for Husky or simply eliminates the competition by absorbing and killing.
While the story is a work in progress, read the fine print. Stephen Pierer bought Husky, not KTM. Many sources predict Stephen sells his shares in KTM to Bajaj and steps down from KTM. Bajaj then has full control of KTM & Husaberg but Stephen controls Husky. Meanwhile, CCM builds a adventure bike based on the BMW 449 engine. My head hurts trying to keep up with all that's going on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #81
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Some of us don't drink orange koolade like yourself, no offense meant, but I don't see how a person can ride an LC4 engine more than a few blocks. I hold things like that against a brand.
Next eat and greet I'm going to make you ride my 640e around for a few blocks now that you've said that. It's one of the smooth ones.

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #82
Beer_me
JY

Oddometer: 65
Sparrowhawk, thanks for the clarification:
Quote:
Stephen Pierer bought Husky, not KTM. Many sources predict Stephen sells his shares in KTM to Bajaj and steps down from KTM. Bajaj then has full control of KTM & Husaberg but Stephen controls Husky.
I knew I had had too many beers!
Beer_me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #83
RED1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 493
I haven't been able to find one of these yet! maybe they are still working out a price or BMW sold it so fast they forgot to to tell Husqvarna AB!, or maybe the name may end here, after all it is only a rental!!

RED1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #84
Royal Tiger
Pz VI B, Sd Kfz 182

Oddometer: 1,381
I was looking at picking up a Husky TR650 Terra when I stumbled upon the G650X at a price I couldn't pass up. The bike looks like a winner. Sure it's not a dirt bike with lights, but it's a hell of a 50/50 bike. Much better than a KLR or DR at similar prices. Whatever happens with Husky I hope they stay with a diversified line up.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #85
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
While the story is a work in progress, read the fine print. Stephen Pierer bought Husky, not KTM. Many sources predict Stephen sells his shares in KTM to Bajaj and steps down from KTM. Bajaj then has full control of KTM & Husaberg but Stephen controls Husky. Meanwhile, CCM builds a adventure bike based on the BMW 449 engine. My head hurts trying to keep up with all that's going on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

This

Husky isn't going anywhere. If the brand was doomed they wouldn't 'buy' it, they would just let it fold. KTM was virtually bankrupt...if Bajaj hadn't come along they would not have been able to keep going.

Peirer will inject new life into the brand, expect to see great things from them.

I personally am not very excited about anything that comes from India or asia, except for Japan from the latter. Central or south America neither - those brazillian hondas are pretty junky. Build them in Europe, use the very best designers in the industry, crank out state of the art motorbikes, and ship them to California.
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #86
Ogre_fl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,064
From MXA
http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/N...ETIR-9737.aspx

Maybe not the most reliable news source, but does appear to quote Peirer himself on the deal.
If the part about the engines and components is true the new Husky 650's are goners.

A deal has been confirmed that BMW has sold Husqvarna to Peirer Industrie AG. Most people are confused as to what they may mean because of all the parties involved. Here are a few names; BMW (which owns Husqvarna), Husqvarna (which is already on its fourth owner), KTM (which is mostly owned by Stefan Peirer's Cross Industries AG)), Bajaj (the Indian motorcycle manufacturer that owns a stake in KTM through Cross Industries) and Stefan Peirer (who runs both Cross Industries AG and Peirer Industrie AG). Cross Industries AG owns shares of KTM, Pankl Racing Systems, Wethje Carbon Composites, Peguform plastics, Durmont carpet, WP suspension/radiators and Kiska design). But Cross Industries didn't buy Husqvarna, Stefan Peirer did.

Why Stefan Peirer would want Husqvarna is not quite clear, but why BMW would want to sell them is clearer. BMW’s return on investment, since finalizing the deal to buy Husqvarna in 2008, has not been very profitable (with plant updates and new models eating into income). Plus, BMW was ill-suited to the dirt bike market in the first place and seemed to be trying to turn Husqvarna into a street bike company with the Nuda 900, Terra 650, Baja Concept and Strada 650. What Husqvarna does have is a proud heritage in dirt bikes, dating back to 1960, and a wide product line of offroad machines (most of which compete in the same market segments as KTM’s offroad lineup). The deal will take about one month to be finalized. The new owners will be responsible for service and warranties on all Husky product. And, when the deal is final, BMW will no longer supply any BMW parts or engines to Husqvarna. Additionally, all BMW employees at the Italian Husqvarna plant will stay on BMW's payroll and return to Germany.

Also unknown is what Peirer plans to do with Husqvarna. Can he repeat the success of KTM with Husqvarna? Stefan Peirer left the impression that he would run KTM, Husqvarna and Husaberg at the same time. "I want to see Husqvarna sales double in five years time to 20,000 motorbikes," he said. Pierer also left the impression that he wouldn't blend KTM and Husky together (as he did with Husaberg), but would manage them as separate entities, but use “common engineering platforms to develop a variety of models that have completely different characteristics for each brand."

When asked whether he was concerned that the two brands might steal sales from each other, Peirer said that there would be some crossover, but that a revitalized Husky would also take market share from the Japanese brands. "It's never 1 plus 1 equals 3, but it's certainly 2.7, and there are still four Japanese brands from which there's plenty to grab."
Ogre_fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #87
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig View Post
This guy has gone a little further than around the block on the LC4. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893 I don't hear him complaining. Just Saying.
That's because he's not riding an LC4.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #88
Maurizio
2 smoker

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre_fl View Post
Pierer also left the impression that he wouldn't blend KTM and Husky together
So hopefully we'll never see anything like this?

I only hope that Pierer will left the HusKy production plant in Italy...
sold: '03 950 adv s, '05 450 exc, '08 690 e

Maurizio screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 08:10 AM
Maurizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #89
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,088
He insinuated that it will move to Austria. He said Austria will "benefit the most" from the merger.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #90
Maurizio
2 smoker

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
He insinuated that it will move to Austria. He said Austria will "benefit the most" from the merger.
My next off road bike will be a Beta.
sold: '03 950 adv s, '05 450 exc, '08 690 e
Maurizio is offline   Reply With Quote