User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #91
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
my kelpie mix has had skin issues since day 1 and finally a good vet prescribed fish oil and that has done the trick along with better food

MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #92
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab591 View Post
Our dogs all get Pedigree. Used to do their Large Breed, then switched to Adult Complete Nutrition. It's cheap (comparatively), and appears to keep them healthy. No liver / joint problems, their coats are shiny, etc.

Granted, I've caught my mom sneaking my dogs McDonald's cheeseburgers before, so I guess they'll eat anything...
When my mother in law was pretty deep into dimentia we could never get her to eat. I brought a bag of Krispy Kreme chocolate doughnuts home thinking she might eat a few and the caloroes would help her. I don't know if y'all have seen those but they are sugar and fat nuclear bombs.

The whole bag was gone that night. We thought great and bought another the next day. Same thing third day. Then I got a little suspiscious because that is a LOT of sugar and chocolate. Then I noticed my Golden looking at the bag then looking at his dish and then at me. Uh oh.

I don't think she ate a single doughnut herself. I figured my first Golden survived a gator mauling and several poisonous snake bites so that one could survive a pound or so of chocolate.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #93
DriveShaft
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog View Post
When my mother in law was pretty deep into dimentia we could never get her to eat. I brought a bag of Krispy Kreme chocolate doughnuts home thinking she might eat a few and the caloroes would help her. I don't know if y'all have seen those but they are sugar and fat nuclear bombs.

The whole bag was gone that night. We thought great and bought another the next day. Same thing third day. Then I got a little suspiscious because that is a LOT of sugar and chocolate. Then I noticed my Golden looking at the bag then looking at his dish and then at me. Uh oh.

I don't think she ate a single doughnut herself. I figured my first Golden survived a gator mauling and several poisonous snake bites so that one could survive a pound or so of chocolate.
Reminds me of the time mine ate through a stick and a half of butter, before I got the "what the hell is he up to?" impulse.
DriveShaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #94
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633

Old 02-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #95
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,777
Quote:
I figured my first Golden survived a gator mauling and several poisonous snake bites so that one could survive a pound or so of chocolate.
My wife's beagle got into a pound of chocolate one Christmas. He was way sick from that and destroyed the house with puking everywhere.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:55 AM   #96
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT DAMN! View Post
[obese doggies snipped]
That's abuse. Very sad to see.
troidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #97
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by troidus View Post
That's abuse. Very sad to see.
Not at all, fillers are just fine.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #98
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Looks like the beagle I had as a kid. We all but quit feeding her but she just kept getting fatter and fatter. I finally saw her waddling through the park behind our house following well worn path. The dog went to a little general store that still had a butcher shop back then. The butcher was feeding scraps to her. It turned out he had been doing it for months. The dog used to follow us to school then walk back home past there. I guess she stumbled on that gold mine along the way.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #99
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by troidus View Post
My wife's beagle got into a pound of chocolate one Christmas. He was way sick from that and destroyed the house with puking everywhere.
my moron girlfriend left tampons in the garbage and left the garbage hanging off the shower door handle and of course the cattle dog got into it. Luckily i caught it in time and the vet induced vomiting
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #100
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

We need a stupid shit your dog ate thread. Wait, the stupid shit comes after what they ate.

Nothing like noticing the purple leg from a stuffed animal or half a green tennis ball (as on our Christmas trip) in the
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #101
BHW OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,020
Yeah, I've seen bit s of dg toys in my dog's poo before. Those fuzzy bright colors of pieces of tennis balls or stuffed animals will catch your eye!

I have a friend whose dogs would eat anything. They sent one in for surgery once, to get some rocks out of her stomach. They ate bottle caps, rocks, etc.

When my son was a baby, a diaper went missing one evening while my wife and friend were sitting on the back porch. We worried for a few days that one of the dogs ate it. It never did turn up. It probably would have killed them, or clogged them up.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #102
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,761
I feed my dog PMI Exclusive when she's not raiding the garden. Two years ago, I had 40 tomato plants. I did not pick one ripe tomato because she'd get them before I could. Then she discovered corn...

threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #103
cab591
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
One of mine ate an entire chocolate bunny one Easter. Started acting really weird. Vet was closed, so I looked it up. Apparently chocolate has a similar effect on dogs that alcohol has on humans. Dying from "chocolate poisoning" is the exact same as dying of alcohol poisoning.

Anyways, my dog was drunk. The next few hours, we had a good laugh as she stumbled into doorways, tripped (and face-planted) out of her dog door, and puked a few times. Poor dog.
cab591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #104
nskitts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
I feed my dog PMI Exclusive when she's not raiding the garden. Two years ago, I had 40 tomato plants. I did not pick one ripe tomato because she'd get them before I could. Then she discovered corn...

Bueller,
I ain't sayin nothin'!

nskitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #105
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
Bueller,
I ain't sayin nothin'!
Where's the photo of the animal kill she abandoned for the corn stalk?

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: