ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
silverdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
oregon law ?

anyone know the law in Oregon on how many rear view mirrors on m/c? one or two ? size- width- etc... ?
silverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdog View Post
anyone know the law in Oregon on how many rear view mirrors on m/c? one or two ? size- width- etc... ?

Just one, not sure on the size, but I've been harassed a few times by a local LEO who never said anything about my mirror size.

I like 'em small so I don't break'em

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #3
Miguel Sanchez
Whatever...

Oddometer: 928
Mirrors..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdog View Post
Eyes in the backa yo head!

Just sayin...

Road Rash..!!

01 GS1150, 02 WR426F, 04 XR650L, 04 315R, 04 CRF230F, 81 R100RT (S), 56 G80CS, 87 MT11, 71 TS185, 74 98SR, 74 99RT, 76 TL250, 70 MX125, 80 DR400, 80 RS175, 80 RS250, 78 XR75, 74 RD350, 70 CT70, 06 Monster 620 Dark, and about a dozen more I can't think of right now...
Miguel Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Oddometer: 1,238
I run 1 to 0. Have never been hassled in OR, WA, & ID. Here in Bend I almost always have it folded down in town and never get messed with. No turn signals on the the bike either. Probably just really screwed myself! No horn either, shit come to think aout it, just a plate, 8" race light, taillight, and brake light. Never been messed with, even downtown PDX with motorcycle PPD right next to me.
Edit: Once on McLoughlin BLVD a Statey pulled me over when she noticed me diving deceleration hard from 60 late for work. She gave me a fix it ticket for the signals. easy fix.

Mr Dual Sport screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 09:38 PM
Mr Dual Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dual Sport View Post
I run 1 to 0. Have never been hassled in OR, WA, & ID. Here in Bend I almost always have it folded down in town and never get messed with. No turn signals on the the bike either. Probably just really screwed myself! No horn either, shit come to think aout it, just a plate, 8" race light, taillight, and brake light. Never been messed with, even downtown PDX with motorcycle PPD right next to me.
Edit: Once on McLoughlin BLVD a Statey pulled me over when she noticed me diving deceleration hard from 60 late for work. She gave me a fix it ticket for the signals. easy fix.
Good to know you haven't been hassled by that. My KTM has plate, headlight and tail light. Been fighting the desire to ride it too far out of the neighborhood. Guessing the PoPo have better things to do.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Good to know you haven't been hassled by that. My KTM has plate, headlight and tail light. Been fighting the desire to ride it too far out of the neighborhood. Guessing the PoPo have better things to do.
A lot of it has to do with how you react IF you do get stopped for something. Head nods help too.

Mr Dual Sport screwed with this post 01-29-2013 at 10:30 PM
Mr Dual Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Most of them do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Eyes in the backa yo head!

Just sayin...

Road Rash..!!

Fuck off one mirrored Bunny Boy

Where'd dem beers go?

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
EddMc
are we there yet

Oddometer: 272
I believe it is the same as cars which is one rear facing mirror that allows you to see 100 feet behind you.

But like alot of others my XR400 has one use useless mirror about the only thing I can see in it is m arm.

2007 R1200GS
1997 XR400R
EddMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #9
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkweewee View Post
Another PNW Regional thread from N of the Columbia that belongs in the ADV CS&M shithole that the mods here choose to ignore: I'm just shocked I tell ya. Just because you can post something here doesn't mean you have any integrity posting it here in regards to following the forum rules.

Fuck you.
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #10
Mr Dual Sport
Roamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post
Originally Posted by linkweewee
Another PNW Regional thread from N of the Columbia that belongs in the ADV CS&M shithole that the mods here choose to ignore: I'm just shocked I tell ya. Just because you can post something here doesn't mean you have any integrity posting it here in regards to following the forum rules.

Fuck you.
Drunk Post! Comon dude hold it together!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post

how long have you been waitng to do that
Double H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
OrangeYZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddMc View Post
But like alot of others my XR400 has one use useless mirror about the only thing I can see in it is m arm.
That's exactly what I got pulled over for on my XR600. He let me go with a warning, and luckily didn't look at my tires or make me prove that my horn and signals all worked
OrangeYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,719
Nonchalance, and an inconspicuous riding style, can save a lot of hassle, whatever your equipment.

Many years ago I got a ticket for having no mirror. I was surprised, because the bike had never had a mirror, and I had never been pulled over before.

I wondered how the LEO had noticed, considering he had been going the opposite direction, in moderate traffic, and I was just riding along at the speed limit.

As he was about to get back into his car, he solved the mystery when he turned and said:

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"No."

"Because you looked at me."

That was the last time I moved my head while committing the offense of Looking while riding.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote