ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,625
Nice bike Wendel, It's great to see some deep blue on the trails. Blue is such a comforting color. I was thinking of heading over to Texas and picking up a 390 myself, when my old 625 came back on the market. I guess now that I will be DSing for a few years. Which is ok by me.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
Ditch OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,035
I saw a new to me gate with nice new signs "Alamo Ranch, JL King prop., no trespassing, etc." at the northeast corner of the gun range on the road to the badlands area. We found a go around (more sweet singletrack), but it does cross a fence so probably not a good area to be caught in.

Not Retroones bike, he sold his before I bought this one from Arizona.

Come on down Tim. I've ridden nearly all this with my Husky so the 625 should do just fine.

Jake, you need a dirt vacation. Try to make it up here sometime before it dries out.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,625
I need to come down and ride with you. But but it's going to be a little while. I need to get the suspension sorted first. And while I am at it I plan on giving that old bike a good once over.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,922
We rode Rainbow Monday. I think I saw a new fence, but it did not impact any of the trails we normally ride.

Another guy reported that there is a new fence that cuts off "everything north and west of the shooting range". We are planning to go check it out sometime, maybe on DS bikes.

I think the biggest impact is that it would probably eliminate the bypass around the gates on the pipeline road going towards to Cabezon.

Anyway trail conditions were fantastic after the rain. Unfortunately we had to ride in the rain some.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
Ditch OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,035
Monday I had to go back out and backtrack due to losing my tool kit from the rear fender, didn't notice it missing until I got home. Didn't have to go back too far before finding it. I was there pretty early and missed you wbbnm. Had to work that night so didn't spend any extra time out.