ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #46
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by brav View Post
You're funny. I appreciate the offer and may (hell yes) take it for a spin, but I will try (emphasis on try) to keep both tires on the ground. You know I will have a goofy smile ear to ear while riding that bike.
Have you been on a Five Hundo before? Its basically a unicycle..and the front tire never needs replacing! Even riding them easy, its too tempting to squeeze the throttle because everyone is curious as to what it can do!
Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #47
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Hey fella's, just touching base to let you both know I'm still a strong consideration for joining. Needing to figure a few things out to make it happen, but it's on the hit-list!
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #48
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepikespeak.com View Post
Hey fella's, just touching base to let you both know I'm still a strong consideration for joining. Needing to figure a few things out to make it happen, but it's on the hit-list!
When you get your plans finalized let us know so we can get campsite coordinates together.

Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #49
bikepikespeak.com
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
When you get your plans finalized let us know so we can get campsite coordinates together.

Will do!
bikepikespeak.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #50
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

I went out to PMI Sunday to get some Moab practice. I got myself good and stuck, as usual.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #51
brav
Falls-alot

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
I went out to PMI Sunday to get some Moab practice. I got myself good and stuck, as usual.
Nice! That looks like fun. I've never been to PMI, but want too. I checked out their web site, but didn't see a price. what's it cost to ride?

I got to ride around the neighborhood and change the oil in my wifes and my bikes. wahoo. Son did his.

I'm looking forward to spring break. What are your thoughts on rides? I imagine there will be quite a few kid rides. What's the distance your kids bike can make? My kids tanks can do around 50 miles, which is enough for most of the out and backs. You planning on any dad's rides? I typically find my kids poop out, while I just wanna ride. I thought it was suppose to be opposite.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #52
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Nice! That looks like fun. I've never been to PMI, but want too. I checked out their web site, but didn't see a price. what's it cost to ride?
They have a website? It's free.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to spring break. What are your thoughts on rides? I imagine there will be quite a few kid rides. What's the distance your kids bike can make? My kids tanks can do around 50 miles, which is enough for most of the out and backs. You planning on any dad's rides? I typically find my kids poop out, while I just wanna ride. I thought it was suppose to be opposite.
I think Chase's tank will take him about 80 miles. Unfortunately he does not poop out. He's just like Ryan, he gets tired and grumpy, but he doesn't want to stop riding . Despite that, yes, I do want a Dad's ride.

I'll start putting together some tracks of stuff I want to hit soon.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #53
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

How many more days do we have until Moab? I need to loose about 10 lbs between now and then. Fun.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #54
brav
Falls-alot

Quote:
How many more days do we have until Moab?
P90X. Been doing it for the last two month in training for MB500. I can't make the MB500 (major bummer), so now doing it for brektrek. I need a goal otherwise my buts on the couch.

I thought we were leaving next week. My kid had to correct me.

We have a full moon for spring break! And I got a head lamp for my birthday (happy birthday to me, ...). Told my kid he can wear it, I'll follow with my super bright (hopefully) headlight. I figure I can do an easy cruise with him following the river bed to behind the dunes, maybe part of Brian's trail. Test out the night stuff. If all else fails, we have the moon.

Done rambling. Can't wait (ok, I can....)
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #55
Ron in Boise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Moab Dates

A friend of mine and I will be in the Moab area for adventures about the 24th or 25th of March. I will be staying until about April 6th. We are starting our adventure in the ST.George area the week before and are going to hook up with B-Dub for a ride or two. We will be campimg out in a motorhome and camper. Would enjoy hooking up for some adventures.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise
Ron in Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #56
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
We have a full moon for spring break! And I got a head lamp for my birthday (happy birthday to me, ...). Told my kid he can wear it, I'll follow with my super bright (hopefully) headlight. I figure I can do an easy cruise with him following the river bed to behind the dunes, maybe part of Brian's trail. Test out the night stuff. If all else fails, we have the moon.
We installed a headlight on Chase's bike a while back and he's been dying to use it, so I'm sure we'll be joining you on that ride.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #57
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in Boise View Post
A friend of mine and I will be in the Moab area for adventures about the 24th or 25th of March. I will be staying until about April 6th. We are starting our adventure in the ST.George area the week before and are going to hook up with B-Dub for a ride or two. We will be campimg out in a motorhome and camper. Would enjoy hooking up for some adventures.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise
We'll keep you updated on camping spots. Come out and say hi.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #58
ElleDubs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Wow - would love to join you guys but our spring break is March 11-15. Never been to WW and can't wait! Can you give me a recommendation where to set up base camp? We will be coming in from I-70 from the west. Info on a great campsite to set up for 4 nights would be super. It's my job to figure this one out... We will be driving an Xterra and towing a trailer with the bikes in that doesn't have great clearance.
ElleDubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #59
brav
Falls-alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleDubs View Post
Can you give me a recommendation where to set up base camp?
I'll PM you to get your email.

Quote:
We will be driving an Xterra and towing a trailer with the bikes in that doesn't have great clearance.
The dirt road from I-70 out to the bluff where you will be camping is full of water crossings with big dips. I've been with a friend with a low clearance, long box. We took them at an extreme angle to lessen the chance of dragging. At the camping area you won't have a problem unless you go down off the bluff.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #60
PigTrail
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 168
My wife and I will be out in the area from 3/23-3/30. Our usual riding buddies have to work, so we'd love to join up with some others.

There is a video linked in my sig line from our 2012 adventures. No kidos, but we don't ride in a terrible rush either.

Are you guys planning to only ride the north side or are you planning any trips down to Hell's Revenge, Poison Spyder, or Fins-n-Things?
PigTrail is offline   Reply With Quote