Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #136
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Unfortunately, no update on this. For the 1190, we're relying on Hepco and Becker for the frame, and they have not committed on a release date for it, or even when they will start looking at producing one.
Well, it looks like I'm a liar. I received a part number for the rack today - we're chasing it down now, and should have something tomorrow.

Also, we received information on the 2013 R1200GS Top Case mount. It will be available starting with the next shipment. (late May / early June)

Old 04-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #137
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
[QUOTE=F800 Rob;21166624]Well, it looks like I'm a liar. I received a part number for the rack today - we're chasing it down now, and should have something tomorrow.

Great News!. Please let me know ASAP. Hopefully I'm still on time to order my panniers with the discount!
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #138
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Quote:

Also, we received information on the 2013 R1200GS Top Case mount. It will be available starting with the next shipment. (late May / early June)

Great news! Price? When can we order?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #139
ttime4four
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Order placed...
Thanks for having the Troop ID discount - that's just very cool.

'07 KTM 990 Adventure (gone), '08 Ducati 848 (RIP), '08 Hypermotard 1100 (gone), '86 Yamaha YX600 Radian (gone)

ttime4four screwed with this post 04-11-2013 at 11:23 PM
ttime4four is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #140
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Quote:
Well, it looks like I'm a liar. I received a part number for the rack today - we're chasing it down now, and should have something tomorrow.
Great News!. Please let me know ASAP. Hopefully I'm still on time to order my panniers with the discount!
If you don't mind, send over an email to customerservice at motorcycleinsight dot com. That way we can let you know as soon as we do. Bill manages that, and you shouldn't have to wait for him to tell me, and them for me to find time and post on ADVRider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Great news! Price? When can we order?
Pricing should be in line with the other R1200GS Topcase Mounts - probably around $120-$130 depending if it's anodized or stainless. http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1226

It, unfortunately, won't be order-able for at least another month or so. We'll most likely wait until it's on the way before we open ordering up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttime4four View Post
Order placed...
Thanks for having the Troop ID discount - that's just very cool.

No no, thank you for your service! You and folks just like you are the reason why we're here and why we're able to do any of this.

For folks that don't know - we offer a permanent, standing discount to US Military active duty, retirees, veterans, military spouses and military families. We partner with a organization called TroopID for validation of service. TroopID was founded and is staffed by veterans, can be signed up for online, and extends way beyond just ADVDepot.com.

You can find more information on our site: http://advdepot.com/militarydiscount/ or on the TroopID website: http://troopid.com
Old 04-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #141
cory1848
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
New to the party here... Just bought a Tiger 800XC and came across this thread. These look great and are on my short list of pannier kits but I have one question.

Are they waterproof? Guaranteed not to leak in a heavy downpours or some other adventurous riding conditions that involve lots of water. The riveted construction worries me about water getting in.

Can you elaborate on that?

Thanks!
Cory
cory1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #142
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post
New to the party here... Just bought a Tiger 800XC and came across this thread. These look great and are on my short list of pannier kits but I have one question.

Are they waterproof? Guaranteed not to leak in a heavy downpours or some other adventurous riding conditions that involve lots of water. The riveted construction worries me about water getting in.

Thanks!
Cory
Cory,

I have the BMW 1200GSA boxes and they are 100% waterproof. I've tried to get water into them from a hose and have been unsuccessful even after drilling new holes for a Touratech fuel bottle holder. I did a thorough review in the equipment forum if you want to know a little more about them.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #143
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Rob,

Any news on the slow boat from Turkey?

Bo
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #144
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Rob,

Bo
I used my XC for a commute today without any bags... Waiting impatiently
2000 Ducati 996S - No reason
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #145
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1848 View Post

Thanks!
Cory
Steps were taken to make them as waterproof as possible - double sealing on the lid and sealing at all joints where the aluminum alloy comes together and in rivet points. We've tested them extensively, including filling them with water and multiple sessions with a power washer with zero leaks.

Quote:
Rob,

Bo
Yep -as of yesterday at 5:00, it's now due to clear customs on the 19th and has not been flagged for a special exam. (which is great news) We expect to start shipments next week.

That said, the shipment has completely sold through. The only thing remaining are a few 45L panniers and 27L top cases. The next shipment is expected in June.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #146
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Stoked! You should take some pictures of all those boxes prepping for shipment.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #147
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Stoked! You should take some pictures of all those boxes prepping for shipment.
Will absolutely do! We're just waiting for the call they are cleared. Hopefully that will come very, very soon.

I also spoke with Selim from GlobeScout today. We might have a small surprise in the next shipment.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #148
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 811
Quote:
I also spoke with Selim from GlobeScout today. We might have a small surprise in the next shipment.
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy. ..
Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #149
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Will absolutely do! We're just waiting for the call they are cleared. Hopefully that will come very, very soon.

No one likes a tease.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #150
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
No one likes a tease.

Soon...