Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #181
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,712
My condolences Rob. I spoke to your dad quite a few times over the phone and he was a great guy to chat with.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #182
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
My condolences Rob. I spoke to your dad quite a few times over the phone and he was a great guy to chat with.
+1 ...great guy and helped me place my order for Globescout last year!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #183
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,749
Wow, sorry about your father Rob!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #184
ducatirdr
Re-entry Noob

Oddometer: 126
I too had a great conversation with your dad when I called about my pre-order. It was obvious that he was enjoying manning the phones as we talked well past the subject I originally called about. His genuine enthusiasm for the hobby and for your business will be missed. Thanks to him my order was placed knowing there was a guy like that working there. My deepest condolences.
2000 Ducati 996S - Madness
2014 H-D Breakout - Nothing like a big scooter to relax a bit
ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:37 AM   #185
cyclingjetpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Very Sorry for your loss Rob!
I called a couple of weeks ago just to get some info. Well after 45 minutes of answering my questions, talking about a little bit of everything, and laughing a lot. I said this guys great, I'm going to give him my business. So he wrote up my order on the phone.
cyclingjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #186
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,051
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate it. As you can imagine, it's been a really tough week. No only do I have to make arrangements for him, but I need to get up to speed really, really quickly with all that he had cookin' at the shop. (which frankly, was much more than what I knew about) He ran everything operational.

I'm pretty sure I'm caught up at this point with all of the tickets and phone calls. I'm going to leave the answering machine on for the time being and I'll be returning calls each evening.

Bill being gone sucks. I miss him.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #187
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
RIP, Bill.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #188
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Sorry for your lost Rob.
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #189
fnatic
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Wow. Only just navigated towards the end of this thread. Very sorry for your loss.

Rob, has been conversing with me regarding panniers and products via PM messages over the last couple of days, with extremely detailed and speedy replies.

That is customer service we only dream about, not something you normally receive, especially in your circumstances.

Gratitude and condolences.

I will endeavour to show off the products at every rally, event I attend and drum up as much Down Under business for you as I can Rob. Not that you need it with how popular the globescouts are, but will flick as many your way as I can.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #190
deciacco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Condolences

I only new Bill through a few conversations on the phone discussing the new GlobeScout Panniers. I remember getting off the phone the first time and immediately thinking what a great guy and pleasant conversation -- we had talked for a quite a bit. He is the reason I have the current setup on my GS and why I went with GlobeScouts after researching many other options.

I look forward to many more interactions with ADV Depot as they have a lot of great products and great service.

Condolences, Rob.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #191
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Thanks guys, very much. I'm absolutely overwhelmed with the positive emails and phone calls I've received about my Dad. It's tremendously gratifying, and a bit sad at the same time. I know he loved talking to folks, I just didn't realize how much everyone seemed to enjoy talking to him too...

I just wanted to post a quick update on the shop in addition to posting my thanks. As many of you know, we're not a terribly big operation. There are (were) two of us - just my Dad and I. Now that he has passed, it's just me. In addition to doing this, I'm also the IT Directory for a decent sized law firm in Pittsburgh.

To that end, I've reached out to two of the guys that I worked with at the BMW / Aprilia shop and both have graciously agreed to help.

Paul is now the Parts and Service Manager of a local Japanese (and Russian ) motorcycle shop. He'll be helping out two days a week. Tony is (very) retired, but worked with BMWs for, well, forever. He's, by far, the best rider I know, and has forgot more about motorcycling than I would ever come close to knowing. He'll also be picking up two days a week.

Both will be starting in the next week or so, and I'm just absolutely elated. Please join me in welcoming both guys to the team. They'll be helping with the next shipment of Globescout panniers which is scheduled to arrive in June!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #192
73datsun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 287
Hi Rob

Sorry for your loss. And I feel like a complete ass for asking at this time, so forgive me, but do you know the approximate date that the June panniers are set to arrive? I placed my order, but depart July 3rd for a 12,000mi trip and want to insure I have time to fit them.
73datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #193
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73datsun View Post
Hi Rob

Sorry for your loss. And I feel like a complete ass for asking at this time, so forgive me, but do you know the approximate date that the June panniers are set to arrive? I placed my order, but depart July 3rd for a 12,000mi trip and want to insure I have time to fit them.
We're targeting on or about June 17. We'll have a little bit more certainty when we get a ship date, perhaps as early as late this week.

Thanks for the condolences - no need to feel like an ass. We're trying very hard to get back to business as usual.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #194
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

BTW, check out the the individual pannier listings. There is a 'small' surprise in there.

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1224

We'll be officially announcing it on Monday.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #195
shashankmittal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
BTW, check out the the individual pannier listings. There is a 'small' surprise in there.

http://advdepot.com/globescout.html?cat=1224

We'll be officially announcing it on Monday.
28L panniers? Nice!
Sent you an email yesterday Rob, need an L-bolt for one of the mounts urgently. Email me when you get a chance.