Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #256
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post

Rob, happen to have a 27L laying around? If I put any weight in this one I'll drive in circles.
Negative. They weren't in production until earlier this month, and we won't have any in country until the shipment arrives in July.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #257
VG44
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
Rob - Are you planning on offering a deal if you buy all three cases at the same time? Also can all three cases be keyed the same?

Hell, I'm willing to ride down and pick them up just to meet you and see the place.

Michael
Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #258
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG44 View Post
Rob - Are you planning on offering a deal if you buy all three cases at the same time? Also can all three cases be keyed the same?

Hell, I'm willing to ride down and pick them up just to meet you and see the place.

Michael
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, we're not currently running any promotions beyond discounted accessories such as inner liners when ordering everything at the same time.

Rob
Old 06-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #259
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Hi Rob,
Its me again.... The desperate guy from Australia who wants Glovescout panniers for his KTM 1190

No news for me?????
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #260
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoktm View Post
Hi Rob,
Its me again.... The desperate guy from Australia who wants Glovescout panniers for his KTM 1190

No news for me?????
Not since we emailed last week. Still no ETA from Hepco and Becker.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #261
madpuma13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Have the new panniers come in?! Waiting as patiently as I can :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
madpuma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #262
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpuma13 View Post
Have the new panniers come in?! Waiting as patiently as I can :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Not yet. We're still waiting on the call from our customs broker with a delivery date.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #263
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
They posted pics of the cut out GSW bags. When can we order????
Old 07-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #264
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
They posted pics of the cut out GSW bags. When can we order????
We're just finalizing the pricing on them now. The first folks to know when they become available will be subscribers to the Globescout newsletter on our site.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #265
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
We're just finalizing the pricing on them now. The first folks to know when they become available will be subscribers to the Globescout newsletter on our site.
I'm a subscriber so I should be good. Either way, hold me a set!

Edit: According to the Globescout thread, they are only considering the 45l size at this time and are waiting to see what the demand for the 35s will be. Can you please push them to offering some 35s at introduction? I'd prefer the 35s, as I'm sure many people will who don't want huge bags. There is a reason all the major brands offer different bag sizes, even in the cut versions, and they all sell.

oz97tj screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 01:16 PM
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #266
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
I'm a subscriber so I should be good. Either way, hold me a set!

Edit: According to the Globescout thread, they are only considering the 45l size at this time and are waiting to see what the demand for the 35s will be. Can you please push them to offering some 35s at introduction? I'd prefer the 35s, as I'm sure many people will who don't want huge bags. There is a reason all the major brands offer different bag sizes, even in the cut versions, and they all sell.
I'll ask, but it's not likely until the end of the year. Keep in mind that the 45L special set is more narrow than the Touratech 38/45L setup.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #267
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
I'll ask, but it's not likely until the end of the year. Keep in mind that the 45L special set is more narrow than the Touratech 38/45L setup.
But still wide at a bit over 40 inches. 35s would be bit under 36 inches which would be badass.

I really like the Globescouts but they need to give the consumers what they want. Nolan has been available for a while with different sizes. If I had to guess, Id say Touratech will have some out soon too. Its not like the process is any different to cut out the 35l box vs the 45l so this seems a bit strange we have to beg. Not to mention they are being more or less made to order anyway and are selling every set made its a no brainer. They need to understand this. You're our voice. Maybe a poll or something to guage interest?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #268
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,130
Quote:
But still wide at a bit over 40 inches. 35s would be bit under 36 inches which would be badass.

I really like the Globescouts but they need to give the consumers what they want. Nolan has been available for a while with different sizes. If I had to guess, Id say Touratech will have some out soon too. Its not like the process is any different to cut out the 35l box vs the 45l so this seems a bit strange we have to beg. Not to mention they are being more or less made to order anyway and are selling every set made its a no brainer. They need to understand this. You're our voice. Maybe a poll or something to guage interest?
As much as I would like to get Globescouts they won't give the S10 the time of day, so will going with the other company that does cutout panniers for my bike in 3 sizes.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #269
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
As much as I would like to get Globescouts they won't give the S10 the time of day, so will going with the other company that does cutout panniers for my bike in 3 sizes.
While I see where you're coming from, the S10 doesn't have near the following the GS does. Simple business says you should go after your biggest profits first. With the new GS and the KTM coming around, not to mention them ramping up production on previous bikes, it makes sense to put the S10 on the back burner for a bit. With that said, I feel your pain. Still, it doesn't make sense to not offer bags in various sizes considering they already make all the bags in those sizes and the cut out is no different on any size therefore not requiring any new tooling or anything. It's simply a matter of policy at that point which frankly doesn't make sound financial sense.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #270
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,130
Quote:
While I see where you're coming from, the S10 doesn't have near the following the GS does.
The S10 isn't as popular as the GS but it is still selling in decent numbers and Globescout is the only company that seems to think there's no money to be made in making products for it. I'm guessing that they are a very small operation...
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote