User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #361
Nanook
Shawn Morton

Oddometer: 6
Rob
How long before all orders leave your warehouse, I'm in Montana for another 10 days and having my order shipped here to my US address would be preferable to my Canadian address. Saves $$$$$$. You Have both.

Shawn Morton
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #362
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
Rob
How long before all orders leave your warehouse, I'm in Montana for another 10 days and having my order shipped here to my US address would be preferable to my Canadian address. Saves $$$$$$. You Have both.

Shawn Morton
Shawn,

Long story short - I have no idea. The shipment has been delayed due to multiple reasons: initially due to a delivery delay for the stainless hardware, a delay due to weather of the boat, a delay in offloading in Newark, a delay due to being flagged for a manual inspection with customs, and most recently a delay due to unspecified issues with the final delivery company.

We were told to expect it yesterday, then again today, and now tomorrow. I spoke to the 'gentleman' at the shipping company about 30 minutes ago, and beyond being a total jerk, he was no help.

We're doing absolutely everything we can to make this happen. This shipment has been an absolute nightmare.

Rob
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #363
TigerMarker
Ducati/Triumph

Oddometer: 79
Hang in there Rob. In the end it'll all be good and us folks will get our goodies we so desperately crave.

Patience is not a strong point for motorcyclists
'75 Norton Commando 850 (Sold)
'02 Ducati MH900e (Sold)
TigerMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #364
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMarker View Post
Hang in there Rob. In the end it'll all be good and us folks will get our goodies we so desperately crave.

Patience is not a strong point for motorcyclists
Thanks for this - I really appreciate it. I literally just got off of the phone talking about this after raging out on a few people. I've been importing stuff for the last 5 years or so, and this (by far) has been the most painful one.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #365
TigerMarker
Ducati/Triumph

Oddometer: 79
No problem. The big thank you is from all of us to you for importing these beauties in the first place. Without you we wouldn't even have this access to ordering them. So please, don't feel bad about a situation that is beyond your control. We know you are working hard and trying.
'75 Norton Commando 850 (Sold)
'02 Ducati MH900e (Sold)
TigerMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #366
ang
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Rob, when you finally get the cases, please do not rush to get the drilling done, no mistakes.
ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #367
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ang View Post
Rob, when you finally get the cases, please do not rush to get the drilling done, no mistakes.
Oh, believe you me, I know. The last thing we want to do is fark up everything by making a whoopsie with the hole puncher.

We actually have a good friend of the business do the drilling. He's a former BMW Certified Tech (is a former tech really a thing?) and he currently part owns a big powdercoating operation in Pittsburgh. He's the only man that I trust other than myself to work on my stuff, and he's the sole reason we pre-drill anything.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #368
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMarker View Post
No problem. The big thank you is from all of us to you for importing these beauties in the first place. Without you we wouldn't even have this access to ordering them. So please, don't feel bad about a situation that is beyond your control. We know you are working hard and trying.
Ditto.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #369
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Aaaaaaaand everything just got here. (12:38 AM on Saturday)

The issue over the last week was incompetence of the final mile trucking company. It's been available for pickup by them for over a week. GlobeScout had to make calls on their end to fix the issue, and they ended up "hotshotting" it to us over the course of the day. A truck driver picked it up in NYC and drove it over in a dedicated truck. He showed up literally 15 minutes ago.

Three people really made this happen - Selim and Bora at GlobeScout (they fought for, and got the hot shot) and my guy, Paul for staying up and unloading everything in the dead of night.

We're going to start sorting through everything with the goal of shipments rolling out on Monday. (even though we're normally closed) Folks that need drilling are going to be an extra few days while we make that happen.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #370
jachard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Aaaaaaaand everything just got here. (12:38 AM on Saturday)

The issue over the last week was incompetence of the final mile trucking company. It's been available for pickup by them for over a week. GlobeScout had to make calls on their end to fix the issue, and they ended up "hotshotting" it to us over the course of the day. A truck driver picked it up in NYC and drove it over in a dedicated truck. He showed up literally 15 minutes ago.

Three people really made this happen - Selim and Bora at GlobeScout (they fought for, and got the hot shot) and my guy, Paul for staying up and unloading everything in the dead of night.

We're going to start sorting through everything with the goal of shipments rolling out on Monday. (even though we're normally closed) Folks that need drilling are going to be an extra few days while we make that happen.

SWEET!!!!!!! Fantastic news.

This has been like waiting for Christmas..

http://octaneworks.wordpress.com/
jachard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #371
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,813
Hey Rob,

Is there any planning for a nicer "Adventure Style" rear rack for the new 2013 R1200GS? Something like this:

I really dislike the plastic rear rack of the GS and love the old, solid one from the Adventure.

The main reason I'm asking is because my plan is to get a set of Globescout notched panniers for the 2014 R1200GS (water cooled GS) and I want the rear rack to properly fit with them.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #372
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Hey Rob,

Is there any planning for a nicer "Adventure Style" rear rack for the new 2013 R1200GS? Something like this:

I really dislike the plastic rear rack of the GS and love the old, solid one from the Adventure.

The main reason I'm asking is because my plan is to get a set of Globescout notched panniers for the 2014 R1200GS (water cooled GS) and I want the rear rack to properly fit with them.
As of right now, there is no 'adventure' style rack for the new GS's. The path that GlobeScout has taken is to create something that leverages existing mounting points in order to keep the complexity and cost down. (they are low volume items, after all)

If BMW makes one, I'm sure GlobeScout will have something to attach to it. The part that you reference already has an attachment that works with it.

I'm sure that probably doesn't help though. :(
Old 08-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #373
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,813
That's right, doesn't help all too much. That means I'll just wait and see how things shake out. I just don't like how high the topcase is placed with most of the available solutions.

Thanks anyways. I still like the anodized black panniers. But I'd also suggest anodizing the "natural color" to a silver or whatever. Black residue sucks. Even on stuff bags and liners.
cug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #374
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
How did sorting the shipment go today? Did you ever find out if there were enough top boxes and mounts for my GSW today?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #375
jachard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
That's right, doesn't help all too much. That means I'll just wait and see how things shake out. I just don't like how high the topcase is placed with most of the available solutions.

Thanks anyways. I still like the anodized black panniers. But I'd also suggest anodizing the "natural color" to a silver or whatever. Black residue sucks. Even on stuff bags and liners.
Hey, I had the same question but in fact it is a typo. Rob confirmed with me at the natural ones are in fact clear anodized.

Cheers, James

http://octaneworks.wordpress.com/
jachard is offline   Reply With Quote