Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #421
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeier View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Rob. I opened ticket 560 last night for this issue.
Yup, I saw it after I posted. Please check your email.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #422
JWeier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Yup, I saw it after I posted. Please check your email.
Just got your message about the delay. Can you call me on my phone number provided in the ticket asap?
JWeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #423
cyclingjetpilot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Pannier rack for bmw r1200gs

Has anyone mounted the Globescout panniers on a 2013 r 1200gs? If so witch pannier rack do you have?
cyclingjetpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #424
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingjetpilot View Post
Has anyone mounted the Globescout panniers on a 2013 r 1200gs? If so witch pannier rack do you have?
Yes, it's the Hepco and Becker rack.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #425
JWeier
Adventurer

Custom Washer

Hey Guys - I'm installing the Hepco & Becker pannier rack for my Tiger 800 and I have a question. On the step where you actually mount the rack to the bike (I believe it's Step 7) you put in your bolt and turn it a quarter turn to lock it. They say to use a washer in this step but don't specify where it goes.

I'm thinking it goes between the two Hepco & Becker mount pieces as opposed to on the end of the bolt. I've googled a few images and it looks like some people have ommited the washer all together.

The washer in question is this one:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K...5-no/photo.jpg

The spot on the mount is shown here:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0...o/DSC02804.jpg

Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #426
TigerMarker
Ducati/Triumph

Oddometer: 79
Those washers aren't meant for mounting the rack. They are only there to attach the lock it fasteners to the rack. They hold the fasteners on so when you unlock the rack, the fasteners don't fall off and they are always attached to the rack.

So basically you need to just take the rack, put the fasteners through and push those washers onto the fasteners. Once they are "pushed" on, they won't be able to be pulled off so your fasteners will stay.

Then you will attach your rack to the rack mounts on the bike using the 1/4 turn. Done.
'75 Norton Commando 850 (Sold)
'02 Ducati MH900e (Sold)
TigerMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #427
JWeier
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerMarker View Post
Those washers aren't meant for mounting the rack. They are only there to attach the lock it fasteners to the rack. They hold the fasteners on so when you unlock the rack, the fasteners don't fall off and they are always attached to the rack.

So basically you need to just take the rack, put the fasteners through and push those washers onto the fasteners. Once they are "pushed" on, they won't be able to be pulled off so your fasteners will stay.

Then you will attach your rack to the rack mounts on the bike using the 1/4 turn. Done.
Thanks TigerMarker! Makes perfect sense!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #428
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Been running the 35/28L combo for a few weeks now. Very happy with the cases. I get stopped by spectators twice as often when I have them on and the biggest question I've asked myself, is any sticker important enough to put on these beautiful cases.

Does anyone have pictures of either size top box on a Tiger 800?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #429
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
I'm so jealous of you guys who have them. Mine are on order and I can't wait. Although, I'm having second thoughts on the black I ordered. I'm wondering if I should have gotten the natural. Either way, I can't wait for them to get them !
Old 08-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #430
kbrian
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Ambidextrous?

Hey guys, I'm fairly new and getting ready to kit out a Super Tenere which will be coming my way soon(ish). So,

Question 1: Anyone with a S10 have pics of these bags on it? I'm really curious about how wide the rack is, and how far out the bags sit from the back of the bike. Also curious how they measure (width-wise) vs. the stock panniers.

Question the second (For Rob): Are the boxes reversible/ambidextrous? I ask because it seems ideal to get a set of 28/35L boxes for daily use and short-to-medium trips, and then have a big 45L box for taking the big rides. In that case, the 35L would need to go from right to left side. The lids can obviously do that (Which is an awesome feature) but are the pucks symmetrical and capable of that?

After reading through this thread, there's a chance I'll be ordering bags before I even have the bike just to be sure I get a set.

Thanks
kbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:52 PM   #431
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrian View Post
Question 1: Anyone with a S10 have pics of these bags on it? I'm really curious about how wide the rack is, and how far out the bags sit from the back of the bike. Also curious how they measure (width-wise) vs. the stock panniers.
S10 folks haven't been ordering a ton of these, so far. I think, in North America, we've only sold 2-3 sets so far to S10 owners. We do have a set about to go out the door as well, but the owner would really have to measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrian View Post
Question the second (For Rob): Are the boxes reversible/ambidextrous? I ask because it seems ideal to get a set of 28/35L boxes for daily use and short-to-medium trips, and then have a big 45L box for taking the big rides. In that case, the 35L would need to go from right to left side. The lids can obviously do that (Which is an awesome feature) but are the pucks symmetrical and capable of that?
They are not. The S10 uses the Hepco bars as a base, and they are shaped like a parallelogram. (regtangle leaning toward the front of the bike) GlobeScout is working on a mounting kit for the SW-Motech bars, which are symmetrical, but that is still a bit out. Pity SW flattens the tubes of their bars. :(
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #432
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Any word on the topcase mounting brackets for the LC GS'es?
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #433
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
Any word on the topcase mounting brackets for the LC GS'es?
A few are being air freighted over as we speak.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #434
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

** IMPORTANT NOTE **

Guys, just a quick heads up that I posted this earlier this on each of my sites. Motorcycle Insight eCommerce sites, including ADVDepot.com and the right to import GlobeScout panniers have been sold. The ownership transfer will happen on September 6th. More details here:

http://advdepot.com/ownership/

The new ownership group has committed to bringing in MORE GlobeScout panniers than ever. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #435
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Wow. A big part of why I ordered the Globescouts was because of YOU Rob. You impressed me with your willingness to help.

After having far too many stressful business transactions, I've grown increasingly skeptical and frankly I've demanded a better level of customer service or I've refused to do business with companies. To say the least I'm nervous now. Let's hope the new owners do as well as you.

Oh, I still can't wait to get my panniers. Any new info of possible delivery dates?