Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #31
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Rider View Post
Those are some mighty fine looking cans. I do like the latch, lock and hinge set up as well as other features..

The latches are awesome. They actually have 3 levels of security. There's a pin you need to push up to unlatch them whether they're locked or unlocked. For those that don't like to lock their panniers while riding around town, the hidden pin is a nice safety deterrent for someone looking for a quick access to your panniers. The there is the keyed lock and third is the padlock hole for added security or if you lose/forget your key.

That's my GSA above. I've had my panniers for about a week now and the only nitpick I have is that I can't fit my Arai XD3 in them due to the reinforced lip around the opening. I don't mind the sacrifice for the added protection, though. I couldn't fit a helmet in my Jesse cases, either.

These cases are pretty strong, too. This is my fat ass 200lbs standing on the empty 45L pannier. Could I do this with my Jesse Odysseys? Yes, I could probably jump on them, but I do know my OEM Adventure cases would crush in if I stood on them.

Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #32
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable Rider View Post
Those are some mighty fine looking cans. I do like the latch, lock and hinge set up as well as other features.

Can a guy get a pair without exhaust cutouts with no mounting hardware/undrilled?

And a top box, undrilled?

Curious what kind of prices. Nice stuff.
Thanks!

You can absolutely, positively get a set undrilled with no cutout. In fact, the only set that we're offering right now with the notch for the exhaust is going to be for the R1200GS. We'll be offering boxes both pre-drilled and undrilled to make everyone happy.

As far as the top box, that's a bit different. All of the top boxes come with a bracket on the bottom that is designed to fit a Globescout mounting rack. They will be available for all BMW's dating back to the 1150GS, KTM 990, Suzuki VStrom 650, Tiger 800, and the Super Tenere. We *should* be able to get a topcase without the bracket. Just email us if you need it.

Picture of the bracket:

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #33
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Just a quick note that pricing will be available this week, and folks on the mailing list will be the first to know.

In the mean time, here are a few pictures sent to us by our Tiger 800 tester. Thanks Mike!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM   #34
RTinNC
RT to GS in NC

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob View Post
Just a quick note that pricing will be available this week, and folks on the mailing list will be the first to know.

In the mean time, here are a few pictures sent to us by our Tiger 800 tester. Thanks Mike!

Just signed up for newsletter ... is the $100 offer still available? Did not see a link for it and did not get a note about it when I signed up? Assume I may just be too late

2006 R1200RT - Granite Gray
2012 R1200GSA - Magma Red!
RTinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #35
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,888
Quote:
You might want to check into also offering mounts that fit as close as possible to the bike for customers who live where lane-splitting is legal. This would be a deal killer for me.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #36
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
The panniers look great. Drum solo background "music" (being generous here ) is annoyingly intrusive, had to keep turning down the volume. Looking forward to seeing the dedicated S10 racks with a cutout so they fit as tightly as possible.
+1 on the "rap beat" audio. Like the panniers and mount system. I'll consider them for the next bike.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #37
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinNC View Post
Just signed up for newsletter ... is the $100 offer still available? Did not see a link for it and did not get a note about it when I signed up? Assume I may just be too late
Nope - you're not too late. We want to finalize the pricing on it before sending the coupons out. Expect to get an email within the next few days, and another ones we begin to take pre-orders. The coupon code will be on the pre-order email.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #38
Rick West
Function not Farkles

Oddometer: 1,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
You might want to check into also offering mounts that fit as close as possible to the bike for customers who live where lane-splitting is legal. This would be a deal killer for me.
Quote:

Yes, having racks that stick the luggage out so wide is not right. The boxes look great, but the rack needs a redesign.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick West View Post
Yes, having racks that stick the luggage out so wide is not right. The boxes look great, but the rack needs a redesign.
Absolutely concur. The goal is to keep the bags to around the width of the handlebars. Plus, with a detachable rack, you can remove the entire frame if need.

Two additional pictures:

First - R1200GS with the OEM pannier frames, front and rear. It's narrower than the bars:

The F800GS is in pretty tight as well - just a bit wider than the bars:

Every bike is a bit different. Apologies for the so-so pictures.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #40
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

I finally had to get them dirty

Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #41
13x
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
anything for the ktm 690 enduro r and super tenere?
13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #42
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13x View Post
anything for the ktm 690 enduro r and super tenere?
Yes - a kit will be available for both.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #43
Gehtlos
Einer geht noch

Oddometer: 145
Just signed up for the newsletter looking forward to the coupon. The painters are too small to fit a fullface helmet on the GSA set?
Old 03-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #44
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehtlos View Post
Just signed up for the newsletter looking forward to the coupon. The painters are too small to fit a fullface helmet on the GSA set?

Most likely. That pic of mine above is a medium XD helmet and it won't fit. Maybe there are FF helmets out there that will fit, but nothing I've tried. As you can see, there's a defined lip on the pannier body and lid that enhances watertightness and most likely reinforces the whole box when it's closed up. If the lip wasn't there, I have no doubt a FF helmet would fit in it. IIRC, they are the same volume as the BMW adventure cases. The BMW cases don't have that lip and they fit all my helmets in them, but they also are not as durable as the Globescouts.

Top view

View from inside

Another top view
Old 03-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #45
13x
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Yes - a kit will be available for both.
please have frames that allows 2 same sized panniers without lookin weird.
cant wait to get my hands on them!
13x is offline   Reply With Quote