Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #451
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,706
Rob, do you know if the Globescout pucks will fit in the same holes that are drilled out on the Touratech cases? I'd like to replace my plastic Touratech pucks with the Globescouts.
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #452
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Rob, do you know if the Globescout pucks will fit in the same holes that are drilled out on the Touratech cases? I'd like to replace my plastic Touratech pucks with the Globescouts.
Good question that i don't have an answer to. If you provide measurements of the holes, I'd be happy to have Paul check.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #453
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Rob, I did as you requested regarding the topcase mount redesign for my GSW and I still havemt heard anything back. What is the next step?

Also, any updates on the next shipment? Originally it was the end of sept and then I saw something about the beginning of oct.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #454
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Rob, I did as you requested regarding the topcase mount redesign for my GSW and I still havemt heard anything back. What is the next step?

Also, any updates on the next shipment? Originally it was the end of sept and then I saw something about the beginning of oct.
oz97tj, if you don't mind, please shoot me a PM, and I will update you with any info you need.

Thanks,
-Paul

Adventure Motorcycle Depot | S1000RR Depot | F800 Depot | Twalcom USA
prudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #455
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Pre-Drilled Special!

Globescout Pre-Drilled Special:

We have only 1 set of 35L/45L panniers in natural finished that are already pre-drilled for "lock-it" pannier frames for bikes with left-hand exhausts. Lock set is installed as well.

Our $50 Pre-Drilled charge will be waived on this set only! PM, email (paul@motorcycleinsight.com), or Call me to place your order and claim this set!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #456
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Welcome to ADVrider Paul.

Hopefully you'll have some good news soon regarding the next Globescout shipment. (I've got a R1200GS black anodized "Special" kit on order.)

Cheers,
jw
IBA #59099

GrumpyOne screwed with this post 09-30-2013 at 05:11 PM
GrumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #457
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudolf View Post
oz97tj, if you don't mind, please shoot me a PM, and I will update you with any info you need.

Thanks,
-Paul
Done!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #458
F800 Rob OP
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudolf View Post
Globescout Pre-Drilled Special:

We have only 1 set of 35L/45L panniers in natural finished that are already pre-drilled for "lock-it" pannier frames for bikes with left-hand exhausts. Lock set is installed as well.

Our $50 Pre-Drilled charge will be waived on this set only! PM, email (paul@motorcycleinsight.com), or Call me to place your order and claim this set!

Just a bit more to add here - these are brand new for a customer that cancelled his order. A great set for a 2005-2012 R1200GS or F800GS.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #459
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOne View Post
Welcome to ADVrider Paul.

Hopefully you'll have some good news soon regarding the next Globescout shipment. (I've got a R1200GS black anodized "Special" kit on order.)

Cheers,
jw
Thanks for the warm welcome, JW. I've been a long time lurker (the pics, pics, pics... section is wonderful for my ADD :) This is one of the greatest bike forums out there, and actually have saved a few useful posts from when I had my KTMs, though this my first time posting.

I am glad to have been working with Rob, and we will still be in close communications with each other to make sure that everything is running smoothly and customers are happy. With the change of ownership, I am happy to say that we are here to continue the great service and one-on-one customer relationships that Rob has based his business on from the beginning. From over 12 years experience at motorcycle dealerships, I understand that we have a small community that we need to be there for, and will do whatever we can to meet your needs.

Regarding the globescout shipment, as per Rob's post on the previous page, we are looking at mid-October for our delivery, and customer's backorders will ship out promptly after everything is received and checked in. Those who have ordered any pre-drilled panniers will be taken care of in the order that they were placed, and ship out as quickly as possible.

As always, feel free to PM, email, or call for any details or other questions.

Take care.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #460
Surveyor1953
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post

are you going to use TT mounts for your panniers or have you got a different mount in mind.

Love to see photos of the installed bags because my 2014 arrives in a week and have been going round and round regarding panniers. These things look great and would to see if the width will allow lane-splitting here in California.
Surveyor1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #461
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor1953 View Post
are you going to use TT mounts for your panniers or have you got a different mount in mind.

Love to see photos of the installed bags because my 2014 arrives in a week and have been going round and round regarding panniers. These things look great and would to see if the width will allow lane-splitting here in California.
Nope. Ill be using the globescout built racks. For the special set, with the exhaust cut out, globescout manufactures its own rack.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #462
Surveyor1953
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Look forward to your report on the install. Just curious; how long ago did you order them?
Surveyor1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #463
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surveyor1953 View Post
Look forward to your report on the install. Just curious; how long ago did you order them?
I ordered them right when they made them available to order. That was the biginning of August I think. Seeing as a good portion of the rest of the world takes the month of august off I knew going in I wouldnt have them till end of august or so. Long wait, but the quality really seems top notch. I love my top box. Further, globescout seems to stand behind their product considering they redesigned the top box mount which is already a very beefy piece.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #464
freefall109
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Anyone talk to the new owners? Are they participating in this thread?
Old 10-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #465
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall109 View Post
Anyone talk to the new owners? Are they participating in this thread?
freefall109,

I will be managing the day to day business, and handling all orders. Lee Marks of LM Cycle Supply is the new business owner, and we having been working close with Rob to ensure everyone is treated well, business is handled as it has been, and to expand in the future without losing touch of our one-on-one service.