Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #691
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotoma View Post
Paul,
Any idea of availability of a 40L black topcase for a '14 f800gs in this shipment?
yup! 40l black cases and f800gs racks will be in this shipment. PM me for details if needed.

Adventure Motorcycle Depot | S1000RR Depot | F800 Depot | Twalcom USA
prudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 AM   #692
Bazgab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Just wanted to give credit to Paul for such outstanding service. I had an issue with my Globescout topcase bag liner and he had a replacement sent to me very quickly. Thanks Paul!
Bazgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #693
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazgab View Post
Just wanted to give credit to Paul for such outstanding service. I had an issue with my Globescout topcase bag liner and he had a replacement sent to me very quickly. Thanks Paul!
Glad I could help! Thanks for reaching out to us!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #694
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Next Shipment

Just wanted to give a fair update to everyone regarding our next shipment. Globescout has encountered delays that I've previously mentioned and also with certain holidays, and now even the owner and designers have been working extra hard to keep up with production without over working the rest of their team. Quality control is their #1 detail.

I cannot stress or explain well enough how great the entire team is there at Globescout and how easy it is to do business with them. As they are finishing our orders, they have agreed to ship our order to us via AIR FREIGHT rather than sending it on the slow boat from Turkey to eliminate any further delays!

We are now still looking at mid-August arrival, and will have even more inventory coming in as the GSA-W sets (as well as some standard panniers) were almost completely sold out from our initial order (thank you everyone for your Pre-Orders).

As always, if there are any concerns regarding arrival/shipment time, please contact me directly.

Thank you,
-Paul

Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #695
washley
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Do the 45L GSA-WC panniers fit a full-face helmet? I believe there was a post somewhere earlier in this thread about the lip around the opening making it too narrow to fit, but I wanted to make sure. This is the only thing keeping me from ordering. If a helmet won't fit, I'll probably have to go with the OEM panniers.

To be more specific, I am talking about the "Globescout World Class 'Special' Pannier Kit (R1200GS Adventure LC)".
washley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #696
huairen
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Yeah Paul, I too like to know if the 45L can fit a full face helmet. If it cannot fit a full face helmet I think I will go with the 35L.

Also, do you have the dimensions for the XTopbox, 27L and 40L.
Which of this can fit a full face helmet, or both able to?

TIA Paul!
huairen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #697
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Do the 45L GSA-WC panniers fit a full-face helmet? I believe there was a post somewhere earlier in this thread about the lip around the opening making it too narrow to fit, but I wanted to make sure. This is the only thing keeping me from ordering. If a helmet won't fit, I'll probably have to go with the OEM panniers.

To be more specific, I am talking about the "Globescout World Class 'Special' Pannier Kit (R1200GS Adventure LC)".
Quote:
Also, do you have the dimensions for the XTopbox, 27L and 40L.
Which of this can fit a full face helmet, or both able to?
Hey Guys,

To fit a full face helmet, you'll need to go with a 40L topcase. A full face helmet will not fit in the 45L panniers, unless perhaps its a Youth-small helmet? The lip for the gasket/seals around the full perimeter of the opening takes a little away from the opening. I am not aware of the OEM cases fitting a helmet. Thanks for letting me know as I'd like to verify this.
For our 27L and 40L topcases, the dimensions are:
27L: 12" l x 15" w x 9" t
40L: 15" l x 15" w x 13" t

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Old 07-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #698
washley
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudolf View Post
A full face helmet will not fit in the 45L panniers, unless perhaps its a Youth-small helmet? The lip for the gasket/seals around the full perimeter of the opening takes a little away from the opening. I am not aware of the OEM cases fitting a helmet.
http://www.outlandmoto.com/product-r...re-pannier-set

Scroll down to the "Storage" section. I am assuming the 2014 gsa panniers are the same (but left and right sides reversed).
washley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:24 AM   #699
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 676
I just ordered the 35/45 set for my '02 Tiger. My big concern is width. I'm thinking that I'll be fine with 38.5" wide, but I'm a little nervous. I don't want to pay shipping 3 times if it's too wide.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:17 AM   #700
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
I just ordered the 35/45 set for my '02 Tiger. My big concern is width. I'm thinking that I'll be fine with 38.5" wide, but I'm a little nervous. I don't want to pay shipping 3 times if it's too wide.
You can always contact us if you decide to make any changes to your order. PM me or call us if you have any other concerns.

Thank you,

Old 07-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #701
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by washley View Post
http://www.outlandmoto.com/product-r...re-pannier-set

Scroll down to the "Storage" section. I am assuming the 2014 gsa panniers are the same (but left and right sides reversed).
The opening of the OEM case is larger, however the sealing edge/gasket is not nearly as high quality or as robust as the Globescout lid and base gasket. They do JUST barely allow a helmet to slip in, but IMO is fairly impractical as you'd then have to reach down and dig it back out; A topcase to lock my helmet in would still be my first choice.

Regarding fitting a helmet in our 45L pannier as well as the lips around the opening: A full face helmet will not fit through the opening. A small shell (shoei or Aria) may fit, however you'd need to push it past the gasket, so to be honest is not practical. You will want to consider a 40L topcase if storing and locking your helmet is required.

The lip is approx. 3/8" to 1/2" wide, and on a 45L pannier, the opening is approx. 16" x 9 3/4". This allows much greater contact with the lid gasket and is what makes the Globescout cases stand out as having great waterproofing and a very robust design.

Here's a few extra photos of the lip/gasket:

Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #702
cba191
wanna buy a monkey?

Oddometer: 676
This is the mockup on my 955i. I like how tight the touratech racks are, but it does look wide. That makes it about 39.5" wide. About 3" wider than the handlebars.

too wide?

cba191 screwed with this post 08-06-2014 at 01:15 AM
cba191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #703
prudolf
LM Cycle Supply

Quote:
Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
This is the mockup on my 955i. I like how tight the touratech racks are, but it does look wide. That makes it about 39.5" wide. About 3" wider than the handlebars.

too wide?
Just buy wider handlebars ;-)

J/K, I'll let others help you with their opinions, and if you think you'd like to change your order to the 28/35 panniers, just let me know!

Old 08-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #704
JoeyBones
Encouraging Entropy

Oddometer: 1,383
Very excited that my order is in for a special set to go on my new R1200GSA-W. Will post up pics in a few weeks when they arrive here in Charlotte.

I went with Natural for that classic Adventure look and ordered the liners.
Proud to have ridden all 50 US States. IBA #48773.
Check out my Motorcycle Courier Adventures or the Charlotte Ride Planning & 3rd Thursday Pizza-Meet

"I picked up a nice burlap thong. It makes me feel pretty." - BluRidgeRider

JoeyBones screwed with this post 08-07-2014 at 07:11 PM
JoeyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #705
GrumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
New for 2013 - Globescout World Class Panniers - Now Available in North America

Might not be classic, but black Globescouts sure do look good. (IMHO)

-jw

IBA #59099
GrumpyOne is online now   Reply With Quote