User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Sniperx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Moving to Japan....

Theres a strong likelyhood I'll be moving to Japan in the next year. Anyone have experience with what it takes to bring a bike with them? I've got a 2002 1150GSA that I've kinda gotten attached to. I've got about 7000 into it for refrence of "buy new vs ship". I'm already shipping a VW bus over so a container is already in the cards.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
klausdorth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperx View Post
Theres a strong likelyhood I'll be moving to Japan in the next year. Anyone have experience with what it takes to bring a bike with them? I've got a 2002 1150GSA that I've kinda gotten attached to. I've got about 7000 into it for refrence of "buy new vs ship". I'm already shipping a VW bus over so a container is already in the cards.
"Sniprex", it all depends. Are you a US Forces "member"? Do you fall under the SOFA agreement? If not, it might be quite expensive and you might want to consider getting a bike over here. But to clarify your questions the best bet would be post it on the "gaijin riders" site (http://www.gaijinriders.com/forum.php).
Lots of highly qualified people who are always willing to assist. Hope this helps!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Sniperx OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Not military perse.

You live in Toon? No shit? I lived about 15 minutes away in matsuyama! I miss my drives up in ishizuchi and kanpuzan. You wouldn't know a Slovak in your town named Tomas would you? I used to work with him. I'll check out the other forum. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #4
klausdorth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperx View Post
Not military perse.

You live in Toon? No shit? I lived about 15 minutes away in matsuyama! I miss my drives up in ishizuchi and kanpuzan. You wouldn't know a Slovak in your town named Tomas would you? I used to work with him. I'll check out the other forum. Thanks.
Oh well, the world is definitely getting smaller!
And, no, don't know Tomas ... well, to be honest, I don't have too many "gaijin-connections" out here in the country side. Have to agree with you concerning riding the bike (not only) - Ishizuchi Skyline is so much fun. Well, looking forward to hearing from you again (mails to klausdorth@web.de, please).
Old 11-13-2014, 12:40 AM   #5
Mikezilla
Big in Japan

Oddometer: 29
Hey Sniper, I popped in to see if I could offer any advice, then I realized you have probably heard it all on gaijinriders. Yeah unfortunately the smartest thing would to be sell it off and bring the bits and bobs with then install em on a new one over here. See ya on the ride.
Mikezilla is offline   Reply With Quote