ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #166
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
The google doc looks good. Only thing that I see that would be a good addition would be to indicate who someone is splitting a site with. Looks like we have 6 sites claimed right now due to the function that is counting, when it's probably more like 3-4.... maybe put "shared with xxxx" in the Site Type field for the second person on each site?
sure thing, its a working document. who wants to share?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #167
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
I'll keep a six pack of Ensure on ice for you, it should be some where among the fermented beverages.
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #168
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

We're official!

Energy Lake Loop B is ours!

The total was $343, so we had the breakdown right. Each regular site is $25, Electric Sites = $45. (does anyone know what the total to send would be so I would net $25? or $45?) PM me, I'll reply with a paypal email when I remember what it is. All we need is one person to claim a site, then everyone else split the cost of their site with the person that paid for it. We've got time to work that out, just know we have 12 sites paid for.

At the Mid Tenn Diners, Drive-ins and Dives gathering, there was a brief discussion about this event and the types of roads at LBL. I think there will be quite a few of the big ADV bikes showing up now. There is such a wide variety of paved, gravel, and dirt roads, I think everyone will find a new favorite place to ride. If you are looking for a fun, relaxing weekend of casual exploring without strenuous effort, we've got you covered. If you think you want a little more of a challenge on seldom used, unmaintained dirt roads, we've got you covered. If you, or someone you know, needs an introduction to Dual Sport and Adventure riding, once again, we've got you covered. If you need to find the limitations of your Big Adventure bike, spend a day at Turkey Bay.

One of my favorite things about LBL is knowing a little of the history. When the Kentucky and Barkley dams were built and the area flooded, the families of the area were relocated. So when you are riding in LBL, you are not running around in peoples neighborhoods and back yards. There won't be a cranky farmer that just had Bubba run through his crops on an ATV, or a grumpy old lady in a nightgown that thinks you are there to scare her cats. There will be people camping in the backcountry and hikers, but they are also just enjoying what LBL has to offer.

Guys and Gals, I am really getting fired up about this. Sandalscout already has great ideas on routes, we have plans for a Scavenger Hunt, and 2fast4u wants to have a Slow Race. And since my calls to Peter Frampton and Gwen Steffani have gone unanswered, maybe someone can talk Spinnitman into bringing a guitar.

Let's ride!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #169
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post

The total was $343, so we had the breakdown right. Each regular site is $25, Electric Sites = $45. (does anyone know what the total to send would be so I would net $25? or $45?) PM me, I'll reply with a paypal email when I remember what it is. All we need is one person to claim a site, then everyone else split the cost of their site with the person that paid for it. We've got time to work that out, just know we have 12 sites paid for.

At the Mid Tenn Diners, Drive-ins and Dives gathering, there was a brief discussion about this event and the types of roads at LBL. I think there will be quite a few of the big ADV bikes showing up now. There is such a wide variety of paved, gravel, and dirt roads, I think everyone will find a new favorite place to ride. If you are looking for a fun, relaxing weekend of casual exploring without strenuous effort, we've got you covered. If you think you want a little more of a challenge on seldom used, unmaintained dirt roads, we've got you covered. If you, or someone you know, needs an introduction to Dual Sport and Adventure riding, once again, we've got you covered. If you need to find the limitations of your Big Adventure bike, spend a day at Turkey Bay.

One of my favorite things about LBL is knowing a little of the history. When the Kentucky and Barkley dams were built and the area flooded, the families of the area were relocated. So when you are riding in LBL, you are not running around in peoples neighborhoods and back yards. There won't be a cranky farmer that just had Bubba run through his crops on an ATV, or a grumpy old lady in a nightgown that thinks you are there to scare her cats. There will be people camping in the backcountry and hikers, but they are also just enjoying what LBL has to offer.

Guys and Gals, I am really getting fired up about this. Sandalscout already has great ideas on routes, we have plans for a Scavenger Hunt, and 2fast4u wants to have a Slow Race. And since my calls to Peter Frampton and Gwen Steffani have gone unanswered, maybe someone can talk Spinnitman into bringing a guitar.

Let's ride!
HEADS UP

If everyone that sends money VIA Paypal will pay as a GIFT, Troy wont have to pay the fees. It is free for both parties if you have a bank account linked to your account and you use that account to send money. If you use a credit card, that is when fees come into play. Sending as a gift will make sure Troy gets the full amount and you pay any fees.
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #170
Kev95GS
goob

Oddometer: 702
Quote:

Let's ride!
I'm sure I'll be wantin' one of those $25 sites. As long as I can cram about 20 tents on it @ $5 head... that's $75 for beers.

In!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #171
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev95GS View Post
I'm sure I'll be wantin' one of those $25 sites. As long as I can cram about 20 tents on it @ $5 head... that's $75 for beers.

In!

"Ah... It's a profit deal. Takes the pressure off. Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!"

Sounds great Troy! Once you get the math all figgered out, I'll make sure you have my money. Wouldn't have a problem going for a few of them and then settling up with whomever uses the sites.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #172
Kev95GS
goob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
"Ah... It's a profit deal. Takes the pressure off. Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!"

Sounds great Troy! Once you get the math all figgered out, I'll make sure you have my money. Wouldn't have a problem going for a few of them and then settling up with whomever uses the sites.
Hey I'll share the beer SS.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #173
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

I guess I need to get this show on the road.

Some of you have sent PM's to pay for a campsite, but I could not remember how I had the account set up. Now that I know, please chime in AGAIN on this thread, and I will PM you the paypal stuff. It will be easier to keep up with it this way. Streetndirt, SloDon, look for a PM

Right now, I'm in for 1 non electric. 11 to go EDIT - 9 to go, the Honorable Slopez and Capt.Street&dirt are both in!

Borrowing a quote from Kev, Ya in?
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield

TroyJ650 screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 06:06 PM
Old 03-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #174
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I guess I need to get this show on the road.

Some of you have sent PM's to pay for a campsite, but I could not remember how I had the account set up. Now that I know, please chime in AGAIN on this thread, and I will PM you the paypal stuff. It will be easier to keep up with it this way. Streetndirt, SloDon, look for a PM

Right now, I'm in for 1 non electric. 11 to go

Borrowing a quote from Kev, Ya in?
Sounds good. Any scouting happening this weekend?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #175
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Scouting South LBL

I'd like to do a scouting ride starting at the Central Welcome Station heading south this weekend or next week. I will be searching out dirt roads and jeep trails with as little blacktop as possible. Id also like to include a quick run over to Energy Lake campground and put eyes on the site and facilities. Post up if you are interested in tagging along or leading(I've never explored the south end). I'll be equipped with maps and a gps. It is sure to be a good time.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #176
Slopez22
skooter rider

Oddometer: 220
i might be up for that

Keep me posted. Let me know on facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
I'd like to do a scouting ride starting at the Central Welcome Station heading south this weekend or next week. I will be searching out dirt roads and jeep trails with as little blacktop as possible. Id also like to include a quick run over to Energy Lake campground and put eyes on the site and facilities. Post up if you are interested in tagging along or leading(I've never explored the south end). I'll be equipped with maps and a gps. It is sure to be a good time.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #177
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopez22 View Post
Keep me posted. Let me know on facebook
Will do, I just posted it on FB.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #178
Kev95GS
goob

Put me down for 1 non electric please. I'll drag along a few of the GS guys.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #179
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,016
You know I'm in!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #180
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
The little puppy.
http://

I've got my tent. Now I just need a good air matress & sleeping bag..... perhaps a small hand pump that could do the air matress & tires as well?
http://
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote