ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #211
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
Now that's COOL. I need to make a full overlay of the South End of LBL. It sucks clicking them one at a time. If you noticed, I even pinned the photo to the map. SWEET!

Nice!

Unfortunately, Google is ditching the API that CraftyCoder uses to run DSM.com, so unless he raises something like $15,000 to rewrite the entire site (apparently the new API he has to use is much much more complicated), the site may go dead in June.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #212
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
nice!

Unfortunately, google is ditching the api that craftycoder uses to run dsm.com, so unless he raises something like $15,000 to rewrite the entire site (apparently the new api he has to use is much much more complicated), the site may go dead in june.
grrrrr, that sucks!
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #213
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Just a little bump before we head off to March Moto Madness. Looking forward to stealing a few good ideas and bringing them back with us.

I'll get motivated to finalize plans for the events next week. Sandalscout is busy setting up routes, StreetnDirt is thinking about the breakfast, DRM has the book keeping, and HappyCRNA and Wall-Spikes are apparently stageing an egg toss

For those of you heading to Tellico Plains, SEE YA THERE!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #214
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,336
Quote:
Nice!

Unfortunately, Google is ditching the API that CraftyCoder uses to run DSM.com, so unless he raises something like $15,000 to rewrite the entire site (apparently the new API he has to use is much much more complicated), the site may go dead in June.
Sandal that sucks. There is some good info on that site. I wish it could be saved.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #215
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Sandal that sucks. There is some good info on that site. I wish it could be saved.
Yeah, me too. It does seem that it will stay online for a while, just won't be able to create new routes from the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
Just a little bump before we head off to March Moto Madness. Looking forward to stealing a few good ideas and bringing them back with us.
Ya'll have fun, wish I was going too!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #216
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Sounds like a fun weekend is in the making. I'm down at the south end of the park so if I can get things arranged at work I will try to make it for at least part of the weekend. And in a shameless plug, if anyone is looking for an excellent place to get breakfast lunch dinner or gas hit me up!! We own a station and restaurant down around the south end of the park
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #217
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Very cool, hope you can make it out.

What restaurant do you own?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #218
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Very cool, hope you can make it out.

What restaurant do you own?
Dodds country store on 79 bout a mile and a half from paris landing. Pretty soon you will see my dr650 parked around there a good bit hopefully. We've got a website for the store too, doddscountrystore.com in case anyone wants to check out out menu or what not.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #219
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD19892 View Post
Dodds country store on 79 bout a mile and a half from paris landing. Pretty soon you will see my dr650 parked around there a good bit hopefully. We've got a website for the store too, doddscountrystore.com in case anyone wants to check out out menu or what not.
Oh cool, I've gotten gas there before, I know right were you are at!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #220
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Oh cool, I've gotten gas there before, I know right were you are at!
Haha well if you ever come in and a kid that your not even sure is old enough to sell beer is the cashier its me Say hey!

And actually I've got some thing growing on my face now that might either be a beard or an angry weasel so I dont get ID'd selling beer as much anymore. lol
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #221
Rainman901
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Nice store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD19892 View Post
Haha well if you ever come in and a kid that your not even sure is old enough to sell beer is the cashier its me Say hey!

And actually I've got some thing growing on my face now that might either be a beard or an angry weasel so I dont get ID'd selling beer as much anymore. lol
Last Saturday my wife and I stopped by on our way out to LBL. Seems like we missed you. I'll keep an eye out. I'm not hard to miss either. 2012 Wee Strom and I wear a Hi-Viz Jacket. I'm sure you know from living around here that Hi-Viz is not the norm.

Catch ya next time.

2012 DL650 Wee Strom,
Rainman901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #222
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainman901 View Post
Last Saturday my wife and I stopped by on our way out to LBL. Seems like we missed you. I'll keep an eye out. I'm not hard to miss either. 2012 Wee Strom and I wear a Hi-Viz Jacket. I'm sure you know from living around here that Hi-Viz is not the norm.

Catch ya next time.
Ive most likely seen you before but unless you came through early I was already gone. I don't usually work sat and sun. Sorry about the bit of a thread jack I've got going here :)
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #223
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
I updated the reservations on the google doc posted earlier in the thread Updated Google Doc

Let's get Troy paid since he made the reservation.

Who's in for sharing a site?

The Madness is behind us for another year, and my head is still spinning from the vast amount of dual sport opportunities down there.

MMM has also fired me up about the opportunities we have at LBL. One advantage we have is the back roads are very accessible to main roads everywhere. If you have a problem, or feel like you are in over your head, a paved road is not far away. This became a factor to me when the radiator of the DRZ started spitting steam, and we were 10-15 miles from a paved road. The mountains offer elevation changes, but LBL offers a wide variety of gravel and dirt roads in a more condensed area. I was worried the Big Bikes would not be challenged, but I'm sure we have enough dirt roads to keep them busy.

Also, I am convinced we have a fantastic "Dual Sport/ Adventure Riding" training facility, called Turkey Bay. I am going to ask if there could be a special price for our group for a day.

I still have 2 spots pending (Kev & SloDon) which leaves 2 non-electric sites available. Both electric sites are claimed.

Throw up any questions, invite your friends, and prepare to have fun!

KJD, I don't think local input is a thread jack, I consider it valuable info for those of us heading that way! Thanks!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #224
Kev95GS
goob

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
The Madness is behind us for another year, and my head is still spinning from the vast amount of dual sport opportunities down there.

MMM has also fired me up about the opportunities we have at LBL. One advantage we have is the back roads are very accessible to main roads everywhere. If you have a problem, or feel like you are in over your head, a paved road is not far away. This became a factor to me when the radiator of the DRZ started spitting steam, and we were 10-15 miles from a paved road. The mountains offer elevation changes, but LBL offers a wide variety of gravel and dirt roads in a more condensed area. I was worried the Big Bikes would not be challenged, but I'm sure we have enough dirt roads to keep them busy.

Also, I am convinced we have a fantastic "Dual Sport/ Adventure Riding" training facility, called Turkey Bay. I am going to ask if there could be a special price for our group for a day.

I still have 2 spots pending (Kev & SloDon) which leaves 2 non-electric sites available. Both electric sites are claimed.

Throw up any questions, invite your friends, and prepare to have fun!

KJD, I don't think local input is a thread jack, I consider it valuable info for those of us heading that way! Thanks!
No pending. I'm in. What you need from me? Can't wait cause I need to ride.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #225
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 2,044
Troy, if someone needs an electric site I can let them have mine - I can always park the camper in another area or up at HillmansFerry.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote