ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #226
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
Troy, if someone needs an electric site I can let them have mine - I can always park the camper in another area or up at HillmansFerry.
Nope! You gotta socialize with us this time!

You had a pretty good story to keep from hanging around us at MMM. You know, the ol' "I just rode 400 miles in 34 deg. temps wearing only flip-flops, a t-shirt, and a thong, so I'm gonna hang out here by the fire" excuse. (btw, good call on the Hi-Vis thong It looks alot like 2fast's, except his is Harley orange) There are other electric sites there, I'm hoping anyone else needing electricity will be able to get another site, or bring an extension cord.

Sorry, you're stuck with us.
__________________
R1200GS ADV - (until Suzuki gets it right)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #227
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev95GS View Post
No pending. I'm in. What you need from me? Can't wait cause I need to ride.
I'll send you a PM....
__________________
R1200GS ADV - (until Suzuki gets it right)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #228
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction
 
HappyCRNA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
Nope! You gotta socialize with us this time!

You had a pretty good story to keep from hanging around us at MMM. You know, the ol' "I just rode 400 miles in 34 deg. temps wearing only flip-flops, a t-shirt, and a thong, so I'm gonna hang out here by the fire" excuse. (btw, good call on the Hi-Vis thong It looks alot like 2fast's, except his is Harley orange) There are other electric sites there, I'm hoping anyone else needing electricity will be able to get another site, or bring an extension cord.

Sorry, you're stuck with us.


Now I gotta set the record straight for everyone: I am NOT a BSC chick. I do NOT own a Hi-Vis thong, and I never ride in flip flops!

I am however a perpetual optimist who has a supermom complex who thinks that dirtbike gloves with heated grips will actually keep me warm. And in the event they don't, I still cling to the belief that it'll be okay, because it's always ok, no matter what.

And thanks Troy - I'll hang with ya'll, and even ride too!
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #229
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,114




Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
MMM has also fired me up about the opportunities we have at LBL.

I still have 2 spots pending (Kev & SloDon) which leaves 2 non-electric sites available. Both electric sites are claimed.


For anyone that has not claimed a site yet, keep in mind that there are several claimed sites with only one person in them right now. $12.50 to split a site for the weekend. My spot is only half occupied, and I'm planning on hanging, so the pad is completely free.
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #230
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer
 
TroyJ650's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Pleasant View, TN
Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post


Now I gotta set the record straight for everyone: I am NOT a BSC chick. I do NOT own a Hi-Vis thong, and I never ride in flip flops!

And thanks Troy - I'll hang with ya'll, and even ride too!

oops...my bad, that was RTL riding in the thong.....














__________________
R1200GS ADV - (until Suzuki gets it right)
DL1000 V-Strom - sold
DRZ400E oh wait, make that DRZ 434 E/S/SM/ADV !
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #231
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction
 
HappyCRNA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
oops...my bad, that was RTL riding in the thong.....


Oh? This I gotta see....

Paging RTL to the white courtesy phone, RTL to the white courtesy phone...
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #232
drm
Gnarly Adventurer
 
drm's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: gallatin, tn
Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post

For anyone that has not claimed a site yet, keep in mind that there are several claimed sites with only one person in them right now. $12.50 to split a site for the weekend. My spot is only half occupied, and I'm planning on hanging, so the pad is completely free.
Me too. Just warning you tho beer and hotdogs give me gas but usually not bad enough to clear a campsite.
__________________
2007 KLX250S
drm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #233
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction
 
HappyCRNA's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Me too. Just warning you tho beer and hotdogs give me gas but usually not bad enough to clear a campsite.
so should we bring you white whine and canapes?
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #234
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KJD19892's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Paris Landing
Oddometer: 127
A little off topic but......
I did my first ever legal dual sport ride around the south end of LBL this morning. Even at 24 degrees it was still a good ride. Now I'm about to take off work early and do some more exploring around there, so by May I should know my way around there pretty well, or at least the south end.



First creek crossing on the 650


And now back to the regularly scheduled program.......How many other campgrounds are in the Energy Lake area?? I'm thinking about camping since you guys are staying pretty far north in the park and I wouldn't want to ride up every morning but I can't really reserve a site because I won't know until that week if I will be able to make it.

KJD19892 screwed with this post 03-27-2013 at 03:39 PM
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #235
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
streetndirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Hardin, KY
Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD19892 View Post
I'm thinking about camping since you guys are staying pretty far north in the park and I wouldn't want to ride up every morning but I can't really reserve a site because I won't know until that week if I will be able to make it.
Don't worry there will be plenty of room to share a site with someone.


Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #236
sandalscout OP
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,114
Yep, it'll be no problem, just show up!
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #237
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KJD19892's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Paris Landing
Oddometer: 127
Sounds good. Hopefully the weather and my work schedule will cooperate.
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #238
Kev95GS
goob
 
Kev95GS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Nolensville, TN
Oddometer: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD19892 View Post
First creek crossing on the 650
.
I'll be ordering a new rear tire soon.
__________________
http://MarchMotoMadness.com
Kev95GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #239
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer
 
KJD19892's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Paris Landing
Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev95GS View Post
I'll be ordering a new rear tire soon.
Me too, you should see my tread pattern in the dirt. It's nice and smooth with just a couple lines on the very edge. lol Just about killed myself trying to drag it out of a hole this morning. Good times. But I figured the previous owner leaned it so rarely that the little stubs are still on the sides so I might as well ride them off before I get a new one.
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #240
Kev95GS
goob
 
Kev95GS's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Nolensville, TN
Oddometer: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD19892 View Post
Me too, you should see my tread pattern in the dirt. It's nice and smooth with just a couple lines on the very edge. lol Just about killed myself trying to drag it out of a hole this morning. Good times. But I figured the previous owner leaned it so rarely that the little stubs are still on the sides so I might as well ride them off before I get a new one.
just keep weaving back and forth.

Ordered the Heidi this afternoon. It'll be here with my bro in law Sat.
__________________
http://MarchMotoMadness.com
Kev95GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014