User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Oddometer: 16
Thumb Doubletake Mirrors

Hello fellow inmates! Aram has been posting here for years as Buster714 but we decided it's time to take the plunge into the vendor stew and swim around a bit. Eww, something touched my leg!

So, who is Solo Moto? We are an online motorcycle parts and accessories store based out of Southern California,
and WE ARE CELEBRATING OUR 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY THIS YEAR!
We're a small company with a massive selection for all segments of motorcycle riding. We're active riders of all different types of motorcycles and we feel very lucky to be doing what we do!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, we have some original content to share on the Doubletake Mirror...

ADVrider's very own Neduro is the creator of the Doubletake Mirror, and he's done an amazing job. We've been using these mirrors extensively for a long time now and we haven't felt the need to use anything else.

MADE IN THE USA

We shot a quick video of Aram taking a break from riding to talk about the Doubletake Mirror:

More details on what components are included, what they cost, how fast they ship, and everything like that can be found at the link below:

http://www.solomotoparts.com/Doubletake-Mirror/

***Please contact customer service to inquire about an ADV discount.***

Yes, we stock the full line of Doubletake Mirror kits and all replacement parts!

All kits are offered with either a 2-inch Ram arm or a 3-inch Ram arm. (They're both actually a little longer than that when you include the area that clamps around the rubber ball mount.) You're welcome to buy whichever pieces you like and skip the ones you don't in favor of other mounting options of your own. We also have other types of Ram Mounts available.

(1) Model-specific applications:
(2) The Universal Kit will work on any handlebar.

available components

assembled

(3) We also carry all of the components separately in the event that you want to construct your own custom setup.

Here's a quick blurb about the Doubletake Mirror in case video isn't your thing:

The Doubletake Mirror is the ultimate mirror for dual sport and off-road riding. The Doubletake Mirror has a lifetime guarantee from Doubletake and the Ram Mount components are also warrantied, but directly through Ram. All of the pieces sold with the kit work together flawlessly to form a very rugged and functional mirror that can be mounted to any motorcycle with handlebars. We offer bike-specific kits for all the major brands. We also offer a universal kit that utilizes a split-clamp assembly that attaches the mirror components to the handlebars much like a stock mirror mount.

The Doubletake Mirror is simple to adjust to the precise position you desire. Loosening the knob on the Ram Mount gives you adjustability on the top and bottom knuckles at the same time. Since the Ram arm is held in place by the pressure you apply to the adjustment knob, you can move the mirror around and see where you like it without it falling out of place. When you find a position you like, tighten the knob to keep it there while you ride.

The Doubletake Mirror folds down in front of the handlebars to stay out of the way when it’s time to hit the trail. Some riders even prefer to leave their mirrors up on mild off-road terrain to keep an eye on people following in the same group.

Motorcycles traveling off-road tend to take more lumps than road-fairing motorcycles. Often times, mirrors will cause damage to the motorcycle or the rider in the event of a crash. The Doubletake Mirror’s design allows it to move in a cash which not only protects the mirror, but the bike and rider as well. If the mirror were to get hit hard, the rubber-mounted base lessens the possibility of damage occurring to your clutch perch or other bar-mounted controls.

Overall, the Doubletake is the best mirror we’ve seen for the hardcore dual sport crowd. It's safer, more durable, and appears to last longer than some motorcycles! There is a lot of value in this product, and we’ve seen it first hand through all of our own crash testing.

Again, please contact customer service if you would like to inquire about an ADV discount.

Thank you for reading! We'll see you out there!

SoloMotoParts screwed with this post 11-29-2014 at 02:23 PM
SoloMotoParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
LtsGoRyd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Had mine for...

bout 16 months now.....haven't broke one yet. Great visibility, and super adjustable . Thanks guys, and thanks for being here in the US. Wish you were closer I'd be asking about a job......or at least some free schwag .
LtsGoRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtsGoRyd View Post
bout 16 months now.....haven't broke one yet. Great visibility, and super adjustable . Thanks guys, and thanks for being here in the US. Wish you were closer I'd be asking about a job......or at least some free schwag .
Glad to hear the DTM is working out for you!

PM me your address and I'll send some swag.

SoloMotoParts screwed with this post 08-08-2014 at 10:47 AM
SoloMotoParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #4
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,495
Love my Double take.

First mirror I can actually use to be able to see my kids behind me on the trail. Super easy to pop off if I want to move it to another bike or when I don't really need it on the bike, but stays solid, functional and infinitely adjustable.
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
Love my Double take.

First mirror I can actually use to be able to see my kids behind me on the trail. Super easy to pop off if I want to move it to another bike or when I don't really need it on the bike, but stays solid, functional and infinitely adjustable.
That's a great point Rod, and something I've heard from others as well: it's easy to use the Doubletake Mirror to keep an eye on the rest of the group behind you, but doesn't get in the way when it's not needed.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Size

What size is the mirror on the video?

Thanks
John
Old 08-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #7
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
What size is the mirror on the video?

Thanks
John
Hi John!

The RAM Mount used with the Doubletake Mirror in the video is the Long "3-inch" RAM Arm. You can choose between 2-inch or 3-inch arms for each kit.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #8
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

actual RAM Arm lengths

Side note: you'll notice that the arm is actually a bit longer than 3 inches when measuring tip to tip. The middle area, not including the housing for the rubber ball on each end, is 3 inches. The overall length is actually slightly more.

The upper right area of this image illustrates what I'm talking about:

Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 AM   #9
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Thanks!!

Hello,

Well since Solomotoparts is only 20 miles away I rode there today to get Doubletake mirrors. Met Aram and Mike, told them what I wanted and in 5 min had all parts in my bag and was on my way home to install, which even I could do.
Had other fold down mirrors and they always loosened up as I switched them up and down. Needed 2 wrenches to tighten. Not these, one twist, Walla!!!
What a concept!! A local shop that had what I wanted in stock and did not have to order. A great price also. Will be doing business with you again.

Thanks much,

heirhead
worlds worst mechanic
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
Hello,

Well since Solomotoparts is only 20 miles away I rode there today to get Doubletake mirrors. Met Aram and Mike, told them what I wanted and in 5 min had all parts in my bag and was on my way home to install, which even I could do.
Had other fold down mirrors and they always loosened up as I switched them up and down. Needed 2 wrenches to tighten. Not these, one twist, Walla!!!
What a concept!! A local shop that had what I wanted in stock and did not have to order. A great price also. Will be doing business with you again.

Thanks much,

heirhead
worlds worst mechanic
FANTASTIC! Pleasure meeting you, and thanks for the kind words. We serve a global audience, so we're always stoked to have the opportunity to meet local riders and check out their bikes! Thanks for coming by! If there's anything you need in the future please don't hesitate to let us know!

Hope you get that counter shaft sprocket sorted!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #11
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 462
Doubletake

Hello,

Well installed mirrors soon after picking them up, 5 min.job at most.
I ride a lot of street so want 2 really good mirrors not some vibrating mess.
These work Xln't. Thought the 5" might be better as have big loads and big jackets to contend with, 3" perfect. Pulling out of my tract there is a gate that I hate. My smaller bikes inc drz400 won't trip the opener to get out so I have to bring clicker and go out the in. Opened it up and 2 cars came in so I had to back up. Lowered bike with kouba 3s last week. Have not cut kickstand yet, (yikes). Went to put stand down on an angle and caught the cobblestone and plunked right over.
Mirrors moved right over as supposed to, no problem. Nice when product works as good as in the video!!
Had bike fully loaded down to see how it went. OOPS!! Peeps are driving by thinking, this pinhead is loaded down and dressed to ride RTW and can't get out his neighborhood. Thats me!
Now to find out where that damn noise is coming from so I ride this thing.
Thanks again SOLOMOTOPARTS,

heirhead
wwm
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #12
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
Hello,

Well installed mirrors soon after picking them up, 5 min.job at most.
I ride a lot of street so want 2 really good mirrors not some vibrating mess.
These work Xln't. Thought the 5" might be better as have big loads and big jackets to contend with, 3" perfect. Pulling out of my tract there is a gate that I hate. My smaller bikes inc drz400 won't trip the opener to get out so I have to bring clicker and go out the in. Opened it up and 2 cars came in so I had to back up. Lowered bike with kouba 3s last week. Have not cut kickstand yet, (yikes). Went to put stand down on an angle and caught the cobblestone and plunked right over.
Mirrors moved right over as supposed to, no problem. Nice when product works as good as in the video!!
Had bike fully loaded down to see how it went. OOPS!! Peeps are driving by thinking, this pinhead is loaded down and dressed to ride RTW and can't get out his neighborhood. Thats me!
Now to find out where that damn noise is coming from so I ride this thing.
Thanks again SOLOMOTOPARTS,

heirhead
wwm
Oh man! Been there. I was on the tail end of a two-week ride in the West and was having one of those 'will-it-ever-end?' days of heat and misery when we finally stopped for gas. I went to roll my fully loaded adv bike away from the pump with the side stand down and TIMBER!!!!!!!!!! BOOM. All the way over onto the concrete. I could feel all those judgmental eyes locked on to the guy in the wrastling outfit struggling to pick up his 500lb bike.

Glad you like the mirrors. They're pretty awesome and yes, they actually work the way they're supposed to!

Also, thanks to all the lurkers out there who have been calling, emailing and ordering! We appreciate your support!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #13
ChrisSRT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
fast shipping, ordered Tues night and they were in the mailbox last night when I got home. Look forward to using them later today. Thanks.
ChrisSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
SoloMotoParts OP
Ride solo. Shop Solo

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSRT View Post
fast shipping, ordered Tues night and they were in the mailbox last night when I got home. Look forward to using them later today. Thanks.
Thank you! We appreciate your business!

Feel free to share pics and feedback!
Old 08-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #15
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,136
I'm about to replace my stockers with these mirrors.
Am I correct in assuming the 3" clamp would be a good match to what came OEM on my 990R?
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote