ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Sikorsky OP
The Man.

Oddometer: 222
Yay Rottweiler!

In my grubby little hands I have a wonderful CPR Trio from Rottweiler. I gotta give a thumbs up to Chris for going out of his way in providing utterly fantastic customer service. So now there is the Rottweiler airbox, SAS block off plates, Snap out kit and Dog House to go in.

But now I have a few questions concerning 2 electrical plugs in the items I'm mucking about with. I have gone through all the SAS removal threads I can find. Some tell me to wire up a resistor for certain plugs, some don't. No directions came with the SAS kit

What do I do? My 3 questions are as follows:

1) There is one electrical plug at the back side of the airbox, can I leave it uncapped without any codes being thrown?
2) There is another electrical item at the front end of the airbox, part of the canister system. Can I remove all those bits and leave that electrical plug untouched without any codes being thrown.
3) Where the heck do I put those two 6mm bolts?

I've been using http://www.dirtyadv.com/cpr-trio-installation/ which has provided some great info. However this is on an EU bike, no charcoal canister there so he didn't need the 6mm bolts.

Any tips, links and "USE THE DAMN SEARCH ENGINE!" posts welcome.
Sikorsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Odiegreen73
Marginal Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Just installed the rottweiler trio into my 2009 Adv - no need for the resistor. I loaded the map using TuneECU and it doesn't throw any codes. The two small bolts are for the vacuum fittings at the base of the throttle bodies(I just ran a vacuum line between the two). Working great thus far. Currently have the suspension off at Konflict Motorsports getting raised to R specs.

Hope this helps

Odie

Odiegreen73 screwed with this post 01-31-2014 at 09:35 PM
Odiegreen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:52 PM   #3
Sikorsky OP
The Man.

Thanks Odie, that does help.

Did you connect the two vacuum points to each other? I have the rear one hooked to provide vacuum to my Scotoiler.

All those bit and bobs on the front end of the airbox, sitting peacefully in the recycling right now? Did you yank the all the charcoal canister system? Any tips on line routing for it or is it all tossed out as well?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
Odiegreen73
Marginal Adventurer

Zip tied the extra wires out of the way and then used one piece of vacuum tubing between the two throttle bodies.

I was worried about flashing the ecu myself but it was pretty painless. The hardest part of the whole process was getting the forward sas block off plate removed then installed.

What Sikorsky product you associated with?

Odie
Old 01-31-2014, 10:15 PM   #5
Sikorsky OP
The Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odiegreen73 View Post
Zip tied the extra wires out of the way and then used one piece of vacuum tubing between the two throttle bodies.

I was worried about flashing the ecu myself but it was pretty painless. The hardest part of the whole process was getting the forward sas block off plate removed then installed.

What Sikorsky product you associated with?

Odie
Looks like I'll pop one bolt in that forward throttle body vacuum port and call it a day.

I'm going to trailer the bike down to Nels Byerdorf at 2Wheels Dynoworks in Lynnwood, WA to have it dyno's and custom mapped.

The mighty S61N. I spent 10 years and just over 12,000 hrs with S/N 704 (maybe 703, it's been 5 years since I've seen her) that had lived it's whole life in Prince Rupert. An absolutely fantastic machine. Solid, dependable and as trouble free as you could hope a helicopter could be. Any experience with them?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
Odiegreen73
Marginal Adventurer

No I'm an AH64 Apache guy now flying EC145s - love all helicopters they're just a joy to be around.

Odie
Old 01-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Sikorsky OP
The Man.

My time was spent with the 61 and the BO-105CBS. Type endorsed on the AStar and 206 as well ....... and it was in maintenance, down and dirty; not the glamorous stuff.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:19 AM   #8
Odiegreen73
Marginal Adventurer

I did about 12 years of wrenching on helicopters before I went to flight school. Have a soft spot for my maintainers. Still serving as a Maintenance Test Pilot.

Sorry to get you off topic - hope you enjoy the Rottweiler intake as much as I enjoy mine!

Odie
Old 11-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
bikepsych
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Need help figuring out how to remove the stock airbox to install the Rottweiler intake. Two requests for assistance from CPR have gone unanswered.
Much obliged for any assistance, links, pictures, verbiage, or ...?
B
2009 Harley Road Glide
2006 Buell Ulysses
bikepsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 8,328
http://www.ktm950.info/how/Orange%20...t/h2w_kit.html

This is a carbureted bike but the steps are the same. You may have a plug or two more according to this thread.
Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #11
JoeMongo
¿Por dónde?

Oddometer: 516
If you get stuck, send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a call. I check-in daily-ish.
J.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
JoeMongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #12
mtbtweety
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Just installed the snap out plate, and it seems to really throw off the gas tank / fairing alignment waaaaaaay off. Similar experiences anyone?
2001 F650GS (hers)
2008 CRF230L (hers, too)
mtbtweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #13
LTKernel
jack of all trades

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbtweety View Post
Just installed the snap out plate, and it seems to really throw off the gas tank / fairing alignment waaaaaaay off. Similar experiences anyone?
No, but I have one sitting in my garage on the to do list waiting for warmer weather. Now that you brought it up, I'm eager to see the answers to this and know if it's common. Maybe some photos too, or is the misalignment not that visible?

Old 01-03-2015, 06:26 AM   #14
Cowtowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Mine fits perfectly.

Can't see how it could misalign tanks or fairings since they are bolted to the bike. Could the glove box itself be misaligned? You need to make sure the hole is drilled in the correct location for the new dzus fastener and that the rear engagement pins are located correctly when the glove box is installed.
Tigcraft Supermono (Formula, 450)
'90 FZR400
Cowtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:06 AM   #15
Rodknee
sensitive? who, me?

Oddometer: 2,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtowner View Post
You need to make sure the hole is drilled in the correct location for the new dzus fastener and that the rear engagement pins are located correctly when the glove box is installed.
+1 on this. i have installed 2 of them, both fit perfectly.
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2015 Rides: Katie M Big girl, Berg Hoon'icycle, Katoom 3hunny (when tax $ comes back....)
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote