ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
SKJ OP
The Canary
 
SKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Rhode Island "On da coast"
Oddometer: 111
Twisted Throttle's New NC700X !!

Here is it! The NC700X with a "Twisted" look! Just finished up with, what I think is a pretty damn cool bike! At first, I will say I was not impressed. As soon as I had a chance to sit on the bike and feel the comfortability and position this bike has you at, I started to think. While I was putting the bike together with the newest items from SW-Motech / Bags-Connection I really started to like this bike! I'll give you guys the chance to check out what I did with this bike. I am excited to get any feedback as possible! Enjoy!






Thanks Guys!!
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
RblueR
Intrepid Brother Bob
 
RblueR's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Oddometer: 79
I'm sold. Not much for feedback, I know, but I like the overall package minus the SW decals.
__________________
2013 F700GS
RblueR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
SKJ OP
The Canary
 
SKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Rhode Island "On da coast"
Oddometer: 111
Thanks Blue!
Yes the SW-Motech decals are a new thing we are trying. "Product Bike"


Quote:
Originally Posted by RblueR View Post
I'm sold. Not much for feedback, I know, but I like the overall package minus the SW decals.
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Oddometer: 1,164
Curious.

It's black, which suggests it's not an American model.

It doesn't have ABS, which means it's not a Canadian model.

But it has orange signal lenses, which I thought, only the N.A. models got. The rest of the world gets clear lens/orange bulbs.

Also, the rear licence plate looks to be a smaller US style, not any Euro type I've ever seen.

Is it a US model with Canadian bodywork? US body but painted black?

Has the grey plastic centre of the header shroud been painted black too? *squints at screen*

I dig the Barkbusters, (and VPS shields?) that is likely my next purchase want for my 700X
L.B.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
SKJ OP
The Canary
 
SKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Rhode Island "On da coast"
Oddometer: 111


The NC700X has been fully repainted! The barkbusters are great! They are a prefect fit with this bike too.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B.S. View Post
Curious.

It's black, which suggests it's not an American model.

It doesn't have ABS, which means it's not a Canadian model.

But it has orange signal lenses, which I thought, only the N.A. models got. The rest of the world gets clear lens/orange bulbs.

Also, the rear licence plate looks to be a smaller US style, not any Euro type I've ever seen.

Is it a US model with Canadian bodywork? US body but painted black?

Has the grey plastic centre of the header shroud been painted black too? *squints at screen*

I dig the Barkbusters, (and VPS shields?) that is likely my next purchase want for my 700X
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
Maytag Repairman
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Maytag Repairman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston, Washington
Oddometer: 136
I've bought so much stuff from you guys that I should have just sent you photos of my bike and you could of photo shopped the rest.
Maytag Repairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
SKJ OP
The Canary
 
SKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Rhode Island "On da coast"
Oddometer: 111
You should send us a photo! We love to see our customers bikes all "Twisted" out!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytag Repairman View Post
I've bought so much stuff from you guys that I should have just sent you photos of my bike and you could of photo shopped the rest.
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer
 
GrahamD's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Blue Mnts Ozstralia
Oddometer: 4,929
Thumb Cooowell.

Looks good all twisted.

Barkbusters Rock!
__________________
"It's better to ride a boring bike than push an interesting one" ... Canuman

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
DriftDragon
Wanderer
 
DriftDragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Soddy Daisy, TN
Oddometer: 198
The only thing I wonder about is the skid plate... looks a bit weak there. Is that stock?
__________________
DriftDragon
--------------
2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #10
zeeede
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDragon View Post
The only thing I wonder about is the skid plate... looks a bit weak there. Is that stock?
Looks good.

I was wondering about a skid plate as well. Also suggest tires with a more agressive (off-road) tread to toughen up the adventure look a bit. Are those VP2s? If you wanna stick with Avon, try the Distanzia, but I know you guys also carry Heideneau and Mefo, right? A nice K60 or Explorer would look awesome, but I'm guessing they probably don't come in the right size, do they?

EDIT: Just skimmed the tires on your website... No 120/70-17 for Mefo or Heidenau. Distanzia though... maybe spoon 'em on and see how they look? The NC700 is on the list for my girlfriend to upgrade to next season, but the limited dirt-capable tire selection for the 17 inch rim might encourage me to steer her away...

zeeede screwed with this post 10-16-2012 at 04:57 AM
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #11
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
I'll give you guys the chance to check out what I did with this bike. I am excited to get any feedback as possible! Enjoy!
Not being familar with the bike, perhaps you have a list of items you added to the bike?
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
SKJ OP
The Canary
 
SKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Rhode Island "On da coast"
Oddometer: 111
The skid plate is something we are working on. The one on the bike is indeed stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted$hawn View Post
Here is it! The NC700X with a "Twisted" look! Just finished up with, what I think is a pretty damn cool bike! At first, I will say I was not impressed. As soon as I had a chance to sit on the bike and feel the comfortability and position this bike has you at, I started to think. While I was putting the bike together with the newest items from SW-Motech / Bags-Connection I really started to like this bike! I'll give you guys the chance to check out what I did with this bike. I am excited to get any feedback as possible! Enjoy!






Thanks Guys!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
Looks good.

I was wondering about a skid plate as well. Also suggest tires with a more agressive (off-road) tread to toughen up the adventure look a bit. Are those VP2s? If you wanna stick with Avon, try the Distanzia, but I know you guys also carry Heideneau and Mefo, right? A nice K60 or Explorer would look awesome, but I'm guessing they probably don't come in the right size, do they?

EDIT: Just skimmed the tires on your website... No 120/70-17 for Mefo or Heidenau. Distanzia though... maybe spoon 'em on and see how they look? The NC700 is on the list for my girlfriend to upgrade to next season, but the limited dirt-capable tire selection for the 17 inch rim might encourage me to steer her away...
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoh View Post
Not being familar with the bike, perhaps you have a list of items you added to the bike?
We're working on a video and landing page with a build list. It is a few weeks out yet. Stay tuned. There will be more posted on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TwistedThrottle "Like us" for updates.

Kevin
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light
 
sanjoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mountains of Central Florida:)
Oddometer: 4,497
Thanks Kevin,




sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,221
nice.

throw on a front 120/70-17" tck-80
http://www.conti-online.com/generato...tkc_80_en.html

and a rear 150-17" K60 (it will fit just fine. the versys guys do it all the time on their 160-17" rims)
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/dual-...0-super-tenere

plus that new skid plate (& maybe a fender extender) and you've got a solid gravel runner.

heck with the DCT auto tranny and this setup it would be the most ADV worthy scooter in the world.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014