ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
ob1quixote OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
2013 Armenia Dual Sport, Chester SC

Round 3 of the Carolina Dual Sporters series, the Armenia DS outside of Chester SC!

Info and flyer at www.carolinadualsporters.com

ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
ob1quixote OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Trail boss answering the question "will there be any new trail?"

"I waited to answer for the simple reason we were looking at some new property that we didn't have time to use last year. So the answer is yes In addition there will be some changes to the present trail we have used for a few years. Also for the rookie Dual Sporters, different marking: instead of E-Z OUTS as in past years, we're gonna try a different colored arrow to mark the more advance sections (The Riders Meeting will be important this year) The first section (for those that have been here) will be totally different with the aforementioned advanced sections. As always expect a mix of tight, open and sometimes fast trail. Bring your gas can as lunch and gas are back at the starting area. Might even get the church ladies to gin up some banana pudding. "
Old 03-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Dilliw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1quixote View Post
Round 3 of the Carolina Dual Sporters series, the Armenia DS outside of Chester SC!

Info and flyer at www.carolinadualsporters.com

I'm interested in this event as it looks like fun and I live in Rock Hill. It says they have been selling out; I don't know if I can make it on that weekend though. Do you think I will be able to register say in mid April?

Thanks.

George
Dilliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
ob1quixote OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilliw View Post
I'm interested in this event as it looks like fun and I live in Rock Hill. It says they have been selling out; I don't know if I can make it on that weekend though. Do you think I will be able to register say in mid April?

Thanks.

George
Obviously I cant guarantee anything, but I think you will be OK in mid April. The limit used to be 100 riders, that has been increased to 150 riders now.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #5
Dilliw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1quixote View Post
Obviously I cant guarantee anything, but I think you will be OK in mid April. The limit used to be 100 riders, that has been increased to 150 riders now.
Thanks. Looks like a great time and I just bought a 4gal tank for my old DR so I'm good to go. Interested in the Long Cane ride too if this weekeind doesn't work out.
Dilliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #6
ob1quixote OP
Gnarly Adventurer

The trails are a mix of easy to technical. There will be bypasses of the gnarly stuff, more often than not you will be able to look over and see what you missed!

There have been some reroutes on pieces of trail that have gotten really chewed up over the years.