Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #46
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
Nice project. Enjoy!

Hook a brother up with one of those t-shirts.

My buddy Wes has them at apexcycleshop.com
I just did the art for his shop, he's the one selling them. Glad y'all like the art. I have gotten several PM's about them. I'm sure Wes will ship to wherever anyone is.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #47
Cogswell
Spudly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
Dang, thanks for the invite, but we are going to be camping in TN this weekend. Will you let me know next time?
I saw your reply to my post in your RR from Dawson forest, where are you camping in Tn ?

Mike
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #48
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
Hey flux_capacitor, bring yourself and your airhead to my tech day this Saturday!

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #49
khale
ride dirty

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor View Post
My buddy Wes has them at apexcycleshop.com
I just did the art for his shop, he's the one selling them. Glad y'all like the art. I have gotten several PM's about them. I'm sure Wes will ship to wherever anyone is.
My brother blaine.hale and I are friends with Wes as well. I thought I recognized that shop. Gotta love and trust a mechanic with hardwood floors
Old 08-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #50
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogswell View Post
I saw your reply to my post in your RR from Dawson forest, where are you camping in Tn ?

Mike

Plans have changed a bit, Mike, we will be at TWoS in Suches GA tonight. Going to ride up to Tellico Plains in the am though.

Original plan was to head towards Oak Ridge and do some exploring. Wanna ride to Wartburg and around Frozen Head State Park. Some other weekend, though.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #51
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khale View Post
My brother blaine.hale and I are friends with Wes as well. I thought I recognized that shop. Gotta love and trust a mechanic with hardwood floors
Those floors are killer, aren't they? Wes has been my mentor on this project, could not have done 1/2 this stuff without him. The man knows what he's doing and is anal retentive about his work. Bikes don't leave his shop not perfect, that's for sure.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #52
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Sorry, no new pics to share, but I did work on the bike yesterday.

We are in the middle of selling our house and finding a new one so time was a little short but I managed to go for a test ride to warm up the oil before dumping it. The bike ran great! We synched the carbs up, adjusted idle speed, and adjusted all my cables from the other day. I also found out its a little interesting finding the sidestand and burnt the back of my ankle on the exhaust! HOT! Got to ride with the new Euro bars on, too. Not sure I am going to keep them or not. They are defintiely lower and more narrow than anything else I've owned. We'll see, maybe they will grow on me. They LOOK rad but I'm not sure I want to ride all hunched over all day.

Got the bike up on the lift, my first time working on an elevated bike instead of crawling around on the concrete. Our new house WILL have a moto lift in the barn! SO much easier I couldn't believe it.

Dumped all fluids. Oil pan gasket will need replacing. Fluids looked fine, dark as assumed they would be. No big particles or chunks. Most plugs were way overtorqued, a new pet peeve of mine. If you overtorque things like this I assume you don't care or understand your machine. I used to be 'that guy' b/c I was ignorant to it. But now I "get it". All plugs got new crush washers.

We ran out of time to fill anything, so we put green tape on the plugs to indicate empty, and it was time to go home.

Seems like what's left to do:

1- Fill all fluids back up and replace oil pan gasket
2- Assemble new Progressive rear shocks and install
3- Rebuild front forks
4- Valve check/adj
5- Put some miles on it and see what leaks!

I reckon maybe another day at Apex or day 1/2. Getting close. Its been a long time coming but I've learned a LOT about these bikes along the way. Wes has been a great mentor. Great to see the RIGHT way to do things, and I appreciate the help.